Ok, I've always been curious...How many siblings in your family?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mom married at 15 and had 3 kids by the time she was 18.

I am the baby of 5. I have 4 older brothers. There is a 9 yr gap between the 3 oldest and my other brother. My oldest is in Iraq right now as a civillian working in a machine shop. He is 55. Then there are twin boys that are 53, then another that is 44 and I'm 42. I was the ONLY girl of 5 kids born on Father's day! NO I'm NOT spoiled.
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin My brothers will tell you differently. We are all very close all though we don't get to spend much time together. We all have families and jobs that keep us tied up too often.

My mother was the baby of 8. She and her oldest sister are the only survivors now. She lost 2 brothers in the past 3 months.

I have a younger brother(2) and a younger sister(12). I am sososo close to my siblings and can't imagine them not being there, even though my sister and I fight a lot
default_rolleyes.gif
: . My sister and I look and act NOTHING a like. She looks like my dad's side of the family (Italian) and I look more like my mom's side (Polish/Irish). I have light hair, light skin, and green eyes. She has dark hair, darker skin, and brown eyes. I'm short for my age, she's tall for her age. It's really weird. It's also funny, I have really curly hair, my sister has wavy hair, and my brother has straight hair, it's like the curly gene fizzled out :bgrin: .

I think my sister and I are a lot closer then most sisters and I love my brother so much, I actually think that I almost love him more like a son!

IMG_0716-1.jpg

My sister, me, and my brother

I grew up in a family that consisted of My Grandfather, my father, my mother, my sister, and myself. My sister was 10 years older than I so I only had her home with me until I was 10 then she married. I grew up on the same farm where my mom was raised. Being the youngest and for many years an only child I made friends with school mates some of whom I still stay in contact with and almost feel guilty to say I had a great childhood. I learned many lessons from not only my parents but my grandfather as well. I had another sister who was 5 years older than I who died as a baby. My husband though not lucky enough to be raised by his own parents had two half brothers and was raised by his aunt in a home where he was loved and spoiled and pampered. We now live on land that has been in my husband's family for 5 generations and with my children and grandchildren also living here that's 7 generations of family to have lived here.

My biological birth family is all gone now but I cherish the memories of Christmas' past and am now trying with Christmas present to create wonderful memories for my children and grandchildren for their Christmas' future. Merry Christmas to all forum members and visitors. This thread although making me sad also made me so grateful for what we have.

I'm the oldest and only girl (41), with 3 step brothers (37) (35) (27)

Okay, I can't resist...

I come from a faimily with 3 boys and 3 girls. I was the first girl after 2 boys. We keep track of our ages because Mom seemed to have a baby about every 2 years. Let's see...Stuart is 54, Joel is 52, I'm 50, Nancy is 48, Alan is 46 and Carol is 44. On even years our ages are even, on odd years, our ages are odd! My two older brothers and I were very close. I was a tomboy, I tagged along (whether they wanted me or not :bgrin ) I climbed trees, I helped them build forts in the wilds of Michigan, we explored the land around our home in the country. I was mad when my Grandfather told me I couldn't go fishing anymore. He said I had to start acting like a girl! I was 7 at the time, I think!

We live all over the united states. My two sisters are in Massachusettes. My oldest brother is in Pennsylvania. My second oldest brother is based out of Oregon City, but he's a truck driver, so I never know where he is! My youngest brother is right here in town. He decided to move closer to Dad a few years ago. He was raised with my Mom, so he didn't get to know him at all. Now they are very close.

Okay, so then dad and mom got divorced when I was 10. Dad was a grad student at Syracuse University (this was 1066) and mom was a housewife, so neither one could afford to take 6 kids. I went with Dad, and my two youngest siblings and my oldest brother went with Mom. Of all my siblings, I think I miss my oldest brother the most. He took care of me, and I loved him dearly. I still do. He's just a cell phone call away!

Dad married a woman who had a daughter...Lisa (who later changed her name to Tisa) She was younger than all of us. So sibling #7. I don't know where she is...we're not close.

Then Dad got divorced right after I graduated from high school...and later on married a lady who had 2 kids. They were fairly young when they married. I was all grown up and moved to another state. They are quite a bit younger than me. (they're currently in their 30's...dang kids!) So, siblings 8 and 9.

My son is an only child...I considered having another one, but I was a single mom, and I had my hands full as it was. I think things might have turned out better if I had.
default_unsure.png
:

Kim R

[SIZE=18pt]There are 6 of us total. My dad was married 3 times, so it was just my brother and me. He's 5 1/2 years younger than me. He was very hyperactive and used to beat me up. Now we are great friends. I have 2 of my own kids and 2 foster kids right now. Growing up my dad logged and my mom stayed home with us. We had Thanksgivings at my aunt's house, Christmas eve at our house, Christmas Day at my other Aunt's house. We were always going to someone's birthday party we had alot of cousins. I got my first horse when I was 8 and then another at 16 and it goes on from there. We are a very close family.[/SIZE]

Christy

Sorry guys! I didn't mean to let this fall to the back pages before announcing the winner of the contest! :bgrin

I have always been fascinated by what other people's lives were like growing up in a large family so thanks for sharing!
default_wub.png
: The dynamics within large families are definitely different than what I grew up with and it is really interesting to hear how the relationships played out.

Ok, for the contest. Since Minimama has bowed out graciously the prize will go to Bassett and Marnie, both coming from the same HUGE family of 14!! That just blows my mind. I know what my household is like with 3 running around.
default_wacko.png
: Kudos to all the moms from all those large families. I am in awe. :worshippy:

I think I have Marnie's address around here somewhere but if I can get yours Bassett, I will get those gifts off to the two of you. Congratulations!!! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back