Oh oh oh my turn for a gay marriage thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But marriage already exists, so why not simply open up the already existing situation to include same sex couples???

It smacks of segregation, to me, to make another form of union for same sex couples.

Marriage should be open to anyone who wants it, black, white, green and pink with blue spots, whatever sex thay are and in whatever combination of sexes!!

What stuck in my craw about the whole Marriage Ammendment frakus was that the same sex marriage was pandereing to the fear of "Don't let the gays mess up marriage!! Oh no!" Um, excuse me? Forty percent (or more) of marriages end in divorce. The vast majority of which is heterosexual. Perhaps it isn't two men or two women in boinking in the privacy of their own homes (This IS America, right?) but a larger social issue? To thow it all on the sexual mirotity or whatever deviant-of-the week is a grossly unfair patch job aimed at making the powers that be look like they're doing something. The sad thing is there's a lot of non-homosexual couples that can get swept up in this. On our ballot in Virginia, the wording for the ammendment also forbids "civil unions, domestic partnerships and any relationship between unmarried couples that approximates marriage". Granted Virginia (and Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota and West Virginia) already have anti cohabitation laws which makes for something like 1.6 million people in the US living with a partner a criminal under the above state's penal codes. It isn't always enforced but it can be. Makes you wonder what century we're living in. :no:

IMHO If marriage was 'for the sake of family and having kids' , then they wouldnt allow people like hubby and I , who do not want kids, to get married. Marriage is a right, not a priviledge, dont care what the constitution says, it was written some 200 years ago and has had many amendments. Just make another, no biggie. As long as marriage is between 2 humans, then so be it. We ALL have the RIGHT to pursue happiness.

Kinda geting peeved at the so called religious or 'moral' people who say one thing, then go and DO the thing they are supposedly against.

IMHO If marriage was 'for the sake of family and having kids' , then they wouldnt allow people like hubby and I , who do not want kids, to get married. Marriage is a right, not a priviledge, dont care what the constitution says, it was written some 200 years ago and has had many amendments. Just make another, no biggie. As long as marriage is between 2 humans, then so be it. We ALL have the RIGHT to pursue happiness.

Kinda geting peeved at the so called religious or 'moral' people who say one thing, then go and DO the thing they are supposedly against.
Thats the problem, the constitution doesnt say anything about marriage, you either see it as a religious right or a state privledge

Thats the problem, the constitution doesnt say anything about marriage, you either see it as a religious right or a state privledge
What about having children? Is that a "right" given to us by the constitution and if not, then is it just a "privledge"?

What about breathing? Is that a right or a priveldge?

I mean, we can really break it all down if we want, but there are for sure "RIGHTS" that are not mentioned specifically in the constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going downhill fast....

Rights and Privileges...baloney....we are talking of monetary things when it comes to legalities ...i.e. tax breaks, disposition of property after death, etc...with the government. The government needed this defined because of the wants of the people of the country. And lets face it, different parts of the country feel strongly about this...each in their own way.

Virginia is in the "Bible Belt". What voters in Virginia expressed was religious....defining legally the religious rite of marriage. This word was in the bible and is a sacred rite of the church. The people want to preserve that for those who follow the word of God. The fact that other things got attached...i.e. civil unions, etc...is just a fact of government. JMHO

as far as a state right, I am not expressing my personal views, I am merely stating exactly how the legislation that governs this principle works, marriage is religious for me as well in TN as it is for VA citizens

But I was merely spelling out how it works legally and there is nothing anyone can do about it, other than leave the country

But I was merely spelling out how it works legally and there is nothing anyone can do about it, other than leave the country

Well, you need to get your facts straight then. Laws are made to be changed. Has happened before if you havent noticed. There are things to be done. Oh but wait, 'we' stupid people cant handle doing that, we're just so dang ignorant. Hail the smart people.
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back