Of The Horses You Own, What NAMES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorite names are on horses we've sold:

Sagebrush Tamales Threes A Charm, everything about him was a "3"

Sagebrush Tamales Austin Tatious

Sagebrush Feathers High Octane, she wasn't supposed to be bred, accused of having "gas".

Of course my favorite is the one that bears our farm name and we were able to nane ourselves HE is Maine Pride's Crown Royal.

My second favorite of the ones we own right now is a barn name for 4g's 3 Starlett its Techno named by a daughter of a fellow forum member Techno is a perfect name for her. And I do like her fillys name Techno Color's Hopeful Fancy. Her father was barn named Hopes.

Our newest purchase also has a nice name Walker's Elegant Windwalker better known as Ellie Bellie.

I love my baby from last year: R-Dream Downer's Leaping Legacy, he was named after his father Westwind Sundowner who was one of the most outstanding jumpers I've ever seen. We put the leaping in there (we call him Leaper) because of the jumping background and legacy because his father's legacy will live on with him. I also like my mare Boone's Galloping Galaxy (Laxy for short) and her daughter R-Dream Amy's Midnight Lace (Lacey).

My favorites that I bought from Donna:

QtrRaes Mystic Special Sasha

QtrRaes Mystic Little Buckeye Jessi

MVM Sweet Dreams

but my all time favorite:

QtrRaes Mystic Blackberry Jam!

Our favorites all Wesco Farm prefix -

Dance Hall Dolly

Jamaica Me Crazy

Frangelico Flashback

Bedazzled by Bocelli

Demons Bourbon Street

Demon Krewe

Demons Checkered Past

Rogers Lady Swan Song (the last foal cremello - for our 22 yr old mare Lady)

Here's mine...

Haligonian Mercy Bo Cool - her barn name Mercy fits her as she is a registered service horse and is very kind!
wub.gif
wub.gif

Silversong Freedom Rings - aka Freedom,
wub.gif
wub.gif
born in April 2001 - she was tangled inside her mom Hope on the way out and we could have lost them both - hearing her first whinny was a ring of freedom - later, we were at the WTC Marriott August 31st through Sept 2nd for a wedding in NYC and then September 11th happened shortly thereafter.

Norlea's Jack Daniels' Odyssey - aka Odyssey - she is the one who likes to be different at our barn... as Ben says, she puts the ODD in Odyssey.
wub.gif
wub.gif

Finisterre - our Clydesdale/Paint PMU filly - Finisterre means "land's end" or "the end of the earth" and after losing Libby and finding several potential mares and having the deals fall through for one reason for another, I felt like I had gone to the ends of the earth to find a horse! Mainenant, je suis finis finding a horse - my French is a little rusty!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Silversong When Stars Collide
wub.gif
, aka Biscuit - one of our foals - he was tiny, correct and a little pistol of a horse - now a happy gelding that belongs to a young girl.

Silversong Out of the Blue - aka Tristan - Mercy's 2001 black pinto colt foal - he appeared "out of the blue" without any warning! He is now a gelding at a nursery school where he is part of the curriculum.

Silversong Mahalo - Mercy's 1998 bay pinto colt - Mahalo means "Thank you" in Hawaiian.

Soon to own... Georgetown's Last Chance - our incoming Modern mare. She was one of our top choices for a Modern and since the only way I could purchase her was to get creative, that was my only chance to get a Modern!

Oh, and she is pregnant and since I am researching a book on 12-meter yachts, she will undoubtedly bear a yacht's name as a call name (my son has a very good friend named Chance and he would HATE having a horse share his name) and her foal, if a filly, will do so as well.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have submitted but haven't gotten back from AMHA (hopefully not taken because my 10 year old son named him and he is proud of it) is:

Knight in Painted Armor - he is a sorrel medicine hat.

His barn name though is Gabriel because he had a rough start and we believed he was heaven sent with a guardian angel!
wub.gif

aktion033.gif
Dusty

Shari said:
I have to Pick a Favorite name???.....
new_shocked.gif
  Oh Goodness.. I just can't as I like them all!!
Lets see, "Autumn House Maggie" will always be my favorite

Then there is her Daughter, "Autumn House Theia"  AKA Snot.

Dyfra

Ella, princess of the Pasture!

Then Dustenai....not sure I like this name Registered for my Fjord mare. But she is the first animal I have ever had, that I can't seem to figure out a nickname for.

482681[/snapback]

I'd have to say my favorite is Northwoods Mid-Knight Frost because of the meaning behind it. We had a little colt born about midnight at -40 degrees!!, hence "Mid-Knight" and "Frost" because of the cold. His full brother's name is Soldier so we decided to use "Knight" instead of "night" (so we had Soldier and Knight). He was jet black but now greying and "Frost" just seemed to add to that too. Just the neatest baby too!
wub.gif

My 2 favorite names are the ones we came up with. SNS Urban Cowboy is our colt born this year and we call him Stetson for short. And Cool Creek's Dream On is our 2 yr old filly.

I also like our 4 yr old mare's name LLL's Sugar & Spice. She's a buckskin pinto so the name fits her coloring.

My favorites would have to be:

Coyote Run's Painted Pretty

Century Farms Amaretta

Mountain Meadows Raiden Tyme

Va Lynda Ann

I've had a few Show names I like but it's mostly the pet names I recycle- what I actually call the horse usually has nothing to do with what it is registered as!!

Show names?? I did like

Starry Starry Knight (Appy, obviously)

My Oh My

Mighty Atom (my darling Rabbit
smile.gif
)

Mighty Mouse (Rabbits son this year)

And Toby (Mighty Mouses) mothers name is shadowPLAY MISTY FOR ME which is a "play" on words most people miss!!

Precious Little

and one I shall never use again

Phoenix Arising- He was born after I lost his full brother but I lost him at a year, and I still , very stupidly, miss him.

My favorite name that we have named is:

Zachary Farms No Way Jose. His barn name is Jose. He was named as soon as he was born..That is exactly what we said...."No Way Jose"...He is a solid bay of loud Tobiano/splash dam and sire that have never produced anything but loud. We were floored. The only indication was one blue eye that he was from these two...My husband had just died the month before and we have always felt that it was his sense of humor that sent Jose...He would have thought that was just the funniest thing..
laugh.gif
wink.gif

My personal favorite is our very first Mini . His name is Cadel Creeks SPUR OF THE MOMENT. Named so because we bought him with very little thought as to what we were doing. Just fell in love with him at first sight. That was 8 years ago. Believe it or not at AMHR nationals There was another horse there with that name(different prefix of course) Does anyone here know that other horse? I would love to find out if the horse was named for the same reason. Spur is still here and we love him as much now as ever before even though he now has 18 other buddies. Maryann

My fav is my mare Smoke and Mirrors. She had a colt 3yrs ago who's reg name is Zips Reflection.
biggrin.gif

I was trying to decide my fav as I was reading everyone elses cute posts but its so hard!

Thats really hard to answer actually and I like most of the ones I own's names.

One of the favs that I got to name as a foal and we have since sold was Redrock Bandido Escondido

I guess if I go offa the 4 mature horses and 3 foals I had this year that I own outta that small group hmmm, its so hard to decide!

I guess I like my mare, Royal M Ima Ravin Beauty (which is so true, shes very pretty!) and I've always found my geldings name intriguing (altho with his solid sorrel color may seem kind of plain) OMP Pizzazzs Copper Coin

Of course theres many other Redrock horses that I like the name of..some names better than others but their usually pretty clever. I liked how clever mom was with Redrock Hot Flash (while being sweet, she had the personality to go with her name).
smile.gif

I'm hoping to breed my Blue-Eyed Suzi (instead of black-eyed susan) to my sister's Ima Blue Stalker and some of the future foal's name options are:

IMA (BLUE) HUNTER (after his daddy)

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON aka Luna (only if we get a filly obviously)

OR

BLUE JAZZ aka Jazzy (could be for colt or filly)

Obviously we're hoping for a blue-eyed baby!! LOL!
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
wink.gif

I'm hoping to breed my Blue-Eyed Suzi (instead of black-eyed susan) to my sister's Ima Blue Stalker and some of the future foal's name options are:

IMA (BLUE) HUNTER (after his daddy)

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON aka Luna (only if we get a filly obviously)

OR

BLUE JAZZ aka Jazzy (could be for colt or filly)

Obviously we're hoping for a blue-eyed baby!! LOL!
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
wink.gif

Back