Of The Horses You Own, What NAMES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
We did this thread awhile back but I liked it so maybe we could do it again? My answers have changed a little anyway!

Of the horses that you own, what registered names do you like the most? Not your favorite HORSE but your favorite NAME
biggrin.gif
That's an easier question by far.

With my horses, I have several registered names I really like a lot. Here they are:

Erica's Gone and DunIT

Triple H Buckin Khaki

Triple H Derby Day Miracle [SIZE=8pt](born on the day of the Kentucky Derby and almost did not survive, actually thought he was dead until they saw him blink!)[/SIZE]

and

Whinny For Me's Polkadot Perfection

It's going to be fun reading the names you all have and like!

grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My very first Diminutives baby....Diminutives Baroness Vant Thera. Ok, a bit loooong but she was my first and I had to get something dam & sire in there.
wacko.gif
Then my Treasure. I rescued her and her dam...lied through my teeth saying I would bred the mare to my stallion for them if I could keep the baby..then...called them to say someone was interested in buying her and did. SO..I kept the filly and named her Diminutives Treasures Secret Gold. (with all of your help).

THEN......I wish I could remember who it was said I had named this filly when I announced her arrival and asked for name suggestions. My 05 filly, Diminutives Theraly OvertheMoon 4U.

I have to Pick a Favorite name???.....
new_shocked.gif
Oh Goodness.. I just can't as I like them all!!

Lets see, "Autumn House Maggie" will always be my favorite

Then there is her Daughter, "Autumn House Theia" AKA Snot.

Dyfra

Ella, princess of the Pasture!

Then Dustenai....not sure I like this name Registered for my Fjord mare. But she is the first animal I have ever had, that I can't seem to figure out a nickname for.

Shari said:
I have to Pick a Favorite name???.....
new_shocked.gif
  Oh Goodness.. I just can't as I like them all!!
Lets see, "Autumn House Maggie" will always be my favorite

Then there is her Daughter, "Autumn House Theia"  AKA Snot.

Dyfra

Ella, princess of the Pasture!

Then Dustenai....not sure I like this name Registered for my Fjord mare. But she is the first animal I have ever had, that I can't seem to figure out a nickname for.

482681[/snapback]

But, picking a favorite name is easier than picking a favorite horse!
yes.gif

How about "neigh neigh" (nai nai) for Dustenai?
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Sillouette we call Silly and she is....Shirley is my favorite because I love who she is named after Shirley Taylor.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I only have two with my farm prefix:

Brave Little Prancers Dirty Holly

and

Brave Little Prancers Starlite Angel

so of course I like them and soon to have Brave Little Prancers Tiny Tim

I like Nick's registered name: _____"Gladiator". It suits him and I think it's a cool name. (We are working on dropping the farm prefix that came with him for personal reasons)

Mine two favorites are: Appletrees Hug A Bug- he's 27" and cute as a little bug

Sweetwaters Mane Attraction.

Of the horses I own, the name I like the most is my grulla mare's name, Etched In Platinum. It took a while to come up with that name, but I think it fits her well.
biggrin.gif

Next it is a tie between Champagne N Money for my gold champange and Moments In The Dark for the bay mare.

I don't really like my other horse's name, Tees Carolina Cutie,but, ah well, I can live with it, especially since I like the other three. :)

Tracy

I have a few names I have liked over the years;

Ebony no ivory- self explanitory, no color

Legally Broke

Wisperstreetnothins-Street Legal daughter

One of my favorites as it really suits him is Doradas Spiritwalker in my avatar

Of the ones that we still have, Cay-Lee's Celebrianna ---- Buckeye WCF Classical Accapella ---- Buckeye WCF Tanchico which I named instead of the other family members..... I still like the name Omega (avatar which I named also).

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Ozymandias[/SIZE]...big name, little horse

My favorite names are

D&S Mack The Knife

D&S Run Around Sue

Filipowicz Thats All Foulks

I have one who's registered name is "Filly The Kid"...how cute is that????!!!!
wub.gif

Jill said:
But, picking a favorite name is easier than picking a favorite horse! 
yes.gif

How about "neigh neigh" (nai nai) for Dustenai?  
smile.gif

482683[/snapback]

Snark <LOL>!! Do you know the look I would get from my Regal Fjord mare if I called her Neigh niegh ! ???
new_shocked.gif

Not to mention the look I would get from DH & DS.

It's Bad enough I call my son's Rabbit, Bun Buns...
biggrin.gif

Of the horses Mom and I both own, the one with my favorite name is the only one with our prefix and our first miniature foal: RMH Karteria. Karteria is Ancient Greek for perseverance, and I chose it because of all the trials we went through getting her on the ground.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
All very cute!!!!

Mine has to be: V V's Midnight At High Noon

He is black, born at noon and was actually named by a forum member!!!!
yes.gif

My old appy I had was Red Jet's Bobby...called him Bobby for short. He was a strawberry roan appy and faster than a bullet. He was a great barrell, pole bending, endurance and cross country horse. I miss my Bobby sooo very much!

Out of my minis I have now I like L. H. Hershee's Comet. Have always loved the celestial themes anyway...so it's just icing on the cake. My little sorrell SBH Rainman Blues...well he has a few names...one being "Manny". But mostly we just call him "Junior".
wub.gif

Gift of Grace

Even though I only own one horse, I would have to say I love her registered name. Before I bought her and I knew her registered name I was thinking of changing it to Amazing Grace.

Latest posts

Back