Of The Horses You Own, What NAMES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fav isn't that of a show horse or a show horse name, but simply of our dwarf whos names is Big! He many be small, but has the biggest heart!

DSCN1163.jpg

Dee

TrueJoy Taken For Granite

TJM Obsessed With Silver

TrueJoy Spots Illustrated

Zena is my favorite.......all our min's have Z names and she was

named for my paternal grandmother, that died before I was born.

Her registered name is LaPaz - (The Peace)

We bought our stallion BabyZee when my son left for two years in Bolivia

with the Peace Corp. LaPaz being the city he flew into but also the city

he flew out of when he finished his two year of service. He returned home

a month before Zena was born....... the minis gave me something to nurture,

baby and spoil to death while my son was gone so far from home.....some measure of peace...........

Hey Liz..... I love "Filly the Kid" How cute!!!

Of horses that I still own, some of my favorites are

Double BB Hot N Spicy! It fits him to a T :)

HHH Champagne Before Sunset (She was born shortly before sunset and was Champagne!! :)

HHH Champagne Nightcap (She has a tiny little War Bonnet :)

HHH Inmywildestchampagnedreams (He was champagne and tiny and had the head I LOVE :)

HHH Let Freedom Ring (born on July 4th)

HHH Touchdowns Short Yardage (I love naming Touchdown's colts football related names and this TINY guy is living up to his name totally :)

HHHs Little Rosebud (This mare was a tiny cute red filly )

HHH Rambos Rose Petal (This filly was a tiny red daughter of Rosebud.... thus Rose Petal :)

Texas LL Blueberry Jammin (I just think this name is so cute for a tiny 27.5" mare)

HHH Little Champagne Buckeroo (I was so excited to have this gorgeous first Buckeroo bred Champagne colt born this year. I Adore his grandsire Buckeroo :)

HHHs Champagne Leap of Faith (I planned to name my first champagne born here "Leap of Faith", like I had named my first colored appy colt born years ago "Keep the Faith". I have faith in my various breeding dreams and name them appropriately after some of my dreams come true :)

Well there are some of them :)

Thanks for this fun thread, Jill!

Susan O.

My favorite name belongs to my 8 year old breeding stock APHA mare, she's the first foal I raised, and first registered name I got to pick. Her name is "Miss Hayley Zip", she was born in 1997, the year of the Hale-Bopp comet and she zipped around as a foal, driving her dam nuts.
biggrin.gif

I also rather like my mini stallions name, even thought it's odd. His name is "Triple KS Boogies Dakota Sunset", Dakota for short (he's a bay Buckeroo grandson).

I've also always been fond of my senior, half-Arab gelding's name; probably has a lot to do with the fact he was my first horse. His name is "Ravenwood Cheddar" and he's a nice golden palomino.
biggrin.gif

I like all my minis' names.

Dan's reg. name isn't very 'fun'--he's named after his dad. His name now is Dapper Dan and it totally fits him! The first time I saw him in the pen at home, I thought he looked pretty 'dapper' and full of himself...so, Dapper Dan! He absolutely had to change names when he came--the name he came with was "Butters".

Fascination....she is very eye catching and is the 'diva' of CDEs(so she says), in other words, she is fascinating. Her color is very interesting as well.

Pippin...one of those 'so-so' names--nice but not particularly fun. BUT Pippin fits his name perfectly--always into trouble, always munching on something, and very sweet and cute! Just like Pippin in LOTR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, of the horses that carry our prefix, since we chose the names I like 'em all....or we wouldn't have used those names
laugh.gif

We do like S names...

Summer Song, Southern Belle, Serenade, Silver Frost, Special Request, Scarlet, Sunny, Silverado, Stormy, Sherry, Secret....one colt that is officially named First Edition goes by the barn name Scooter, so there's another S name. A friend of mine said she can't keep them all straight, just too many S's. Oh yes, & then there is Evening Smoke, known as Smoke...another S!

Of the horses we have bought, a lot of our mares have names that start with T...Tilly, Timie, Tallie, Torchy.

The most unusual name (I think) that we've got is Tallahassee Lassie (sounds a bit like a Florida hooker??). Her dam is Memphis Queen (definitely sounds like a riverboat!)...in keeping with the southern theme there, Tallie's '04 filly was named Southern Belle.

My favorites:

Flights of Fancys Chantilly Blue

Glen Havens Watch Her Strut

Flying A's Maybe My Ransom

Caldwell's Impressible

SMHC's Freedom's Rocket

Ten L's Splendors Nighthawk

Serene Acres Priceless Legacy SBP

Serene Acres Stepping Cocky

I love them all and there are too many more to mention but that was a sampling
wink.gif

I had a horse that I named Wishful Thinking and called her Whinny, I liked that alot. There was a pony at the barn I boarded at named Mega Bux, he was a buckskin and I thought that was really cute. Anouther one was Sweet Potato Pie which was ok but I loved that her nick name was Tator Tot
smile.gif
. My only horsie now is Six Gems Spotted Fever, which isn't really that good a name LOL.

Well out of my miniatures I like E & J's Precious By Design for a name. I also like my geldings name which is Cool Running Sanka SPH.

I really like our geldings name Smokin' Colt Pistol, or Pistol for short and if we are being really silly with him Pistola, I had that name picked out for 2 years before I found just the right horse to fit it, but the Smokin' theme with our horses comes from our stallion my favorite boy, Howdy's Smokin' Gun, which I like that name too, the reason we have continued the Smokin' saga
biggrin.gif
My daughter named another boy of ours with a really neat name I like, Smokin Most Wanted, aka- Mosey or Mo for short.

Edited to add, after posting, I really like alot of our horses names, we have alot of fun when naming them and we have bought some with some very inventive names too.

Some my fav. names of the one I own:

Mystical Imprint- QH Mare

Little Wee Santana- mini stud

CB's Magnificent Journey End- mini stud that took 4ever to be born

Starlake's Mister Move It- mini gelding kick but driving machine

These are some of my favorite names:

QtrRaes Mystic Sonoras Tender Luv

QtrRaes Mystic Tiffets Emmy

QtrRaes Mystic Naomi Faith

Runaway Ranch Molly Rose

QtrRaes Mystic Justyn Trouble

QtrRaes Mystic Blackberry Jam

Sunset Ridge Tequila Rose (named by Marnie)

And my MOST FAVORITE NAME OF ALL is "QtrRaes Mystic Dreaming Of Bretta"

Now, you must be a Green Bay Packer fan and a devout follower of Brett Favre to appreciate that! HA!!

I would have to say Runaway's Molly Rose and Runaway's Dakota Spirit because they are the first with our ranch name. (Somehow, I knew Donna would say Bretta, names for her favorite Packer).

I am partial to NTM Father's Day Tripleplay. He was the third baby here and the name was chosen by nursing home residents. I love the sound of it!

My favorite was one I named myself: Amazing Miss Grace. It was the only combination that wasn't taken in APHA. She is a palomino and white Paint horse who wouldn't have made it into the world if my daughter hadn't found the other leg and pulled her out. Thus: Amazing. And alive by the Grace of God.

My Fav name belongs my sisters show pony mare kelly her Registered name is "String of Pearls" I really like it, its so delicate and pretty just like to horse it belongs to. She is as white as can be.

This is a great thread idea Jill!! I love two of my mares names alot,

Chantilly Acres Ice Storm, as she is a Fire and Ice daughter &

Winning Streaks Star Attraction, as she thinks she is!!

I of course really love my colts (grrr notice colt, not yet gelding! Wish he would drop 'em down already!) name Winning Streaks Causin' Commotion, as he is such a shy little colt he needed a Big name. His barn name fits his personality better as he is a goofy child, it's Dudley, or Dudders more often.
rolleyes.gif
I just love him!
wub.gif

(But shhuuush don't tell the girls!!)

And as an aside, two of my favoritest (sp??) of all time names were show ponies in the Hunter A circuit> one was a grey and white paint named "Partly Cloudy", and the best was an exquisite little welsh bay mare named "Thanks Again Dad"...

I Love that name, it cracks me up to this day!!

Latest posts

Back