Obstacle driving class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one of my fav classes, unfortunately I only get to do it once a year, when we have our AMHA approved show!!

Drive over tarpaulin (make sure it's well-pegged down)

Drive with one wheel between 2 poles

Figure of eight or slalom around cones

Pick up any item (we have a tennis ball balanced on top of a cone, have to pick it up, drive to next cone, and place on top of that cone)

Back into defined area.

Stop with cart wheel in a hoop, and do a 180 degree turn (or whatever degree turn you like)

OOpps, gotta go...

:aktion033: Oh this is by far my favorite class!

We do several drive throughs, and arounds, with poles, drive over bridges, tarps (I hate tarps!) and mats. We have pick-ups and drop-offs, water hazards, and drive-through arches. We also use hoola hoops to put a wheel in and pivot with the wheel remaining inside the hoop. There are several differnet back-ups; my fgavorite is the one where you must pivot into, and back-up until you knock off the pole, then drive out. I am hoping to bet some kind of a teeter-totter going for next year. We are also timed, with 5 seconds added for any rubbing of poles or knocking of balls off pylons. I am not crazy about the timing part, although we do very well. I would rather do it as a regular trail class is done...

At Worlds last year I took pictures of all the obstacles and then got measurements as best I could.....called and EM'd people who ran the course.... I have built everything that they had there except for the driving bridge and that is in the works. Mind you, we cannot do it all YET, but we are working on it......I'll be back this year taking pics of the obstacles again and adding to our collection!

This is a blast!

Latest posts

Back