Obama Visit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
President Obama touched down in Dublin this morning and went and met with our President and then onto meet with the Taoiseach (pronounced T - Shock). He had lunch at the American Embassy and then traveled to Moneygall to meet his cousins and one called Henry - his 8th cousin who he said "is now known affectionately as Henry the 8th".

His wife Michelle was also wonderful and so full of warmth especially with all the kids.

He received such a warm welcome and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself - including a pint of Guinness in a pub in Moneygall.

I was very impressed with his speech given in Dublin and he even threw in the cúpla focal.

Did anyone watch it in America? Everyone is saying that it is a side of Barack Obama that you dont normally see and if he keeps it up he will be a shoo in for the next Presidential Election.

I am so happy that you enjoyed his speech, he really does speak to all of us as if we are friends, and his wife is just lovely with the children. He certainly does have a way with words! Hope his diplomatic trip over to that part of the world goes as well as in your green country.
default_aktion033.gif

You all can keep him. Please!
default_saludando.gif

He does not speak for me, my family nor many of my friends and business associates.

Just most recently regarding his remarks about our friend, Israel -- I wish Obama cared more about Arizona's border than he does about "Palestine's."

Obama's in his third year in office after running on "Hope & Change". Well, how's that hopey-changey stuff working out for the USA? What's better? The economy? Gas prices? Jobs? National Security? Border control? Spending and the deficit? Seems to me, northing's done anything other than get a lot worse.

2012 cannot get here too soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
You all can keep him. Please!
default_saludando.gif

He does not speak for me, my family nor many of my friends and business associates.

Just most recently regarding his remarks about our friend, Israel -- I wish Obama cared more about Arizona's border than he does about "Palestine's."

Obama's in his third year in office after running on "Hope & Change". Well, how's that hopey-changey stuff working out for the USA? What's better? The economy? Gas prices? Jobs? National Security? Border control? Spending and the deficit? Seems to me, northing's done anything other than get a lot worse.

2012 cannot get here too soon.
I have to agree with Jill. You all can keep him if you like him that much. He has a way with words for sure if you want to beleive him. He is really nothing but all lies. Our Hope is long gone and we have no change.

Such a pity that things arent any better in the US. We are going through the mill ourselves but finally got rid of the government that were instrumental along with the banks in running this country into the ground. I am at home with 4 kids and my husband has to work in Saudi Arabia. His friend is now going to Afghanistan next month and so on and so on.

My sister is in Australia with her husband and 2 kids and I have not seen her in 2 1/2 yrs - hopefully though she will be home for a visit this Christmas. She hasnt met the latest addition to the family which is Abby and she is now 8 months old.

This is a very common story here were families have upped and left or all the young people have left or 1 parent is working abroad to support the family.

We have a new government but I am not away with the fairies we are still in a recession and its going to take yrs to fix what is wrong with this country so the finger really cant be pointed at our new government just yet. Time will tell if they can help get us up back up on our feet again.

I was so embarrased to be Irish a few months ago but after the Queens visit and Obamas visit I feel proud that we (a very small nation) still have a lot to offer the world - especially the Craic
default_biggrin.png

Oh, shoot, I'm proud to be Irish-American. I maintain that if Obama really is Irish, we must have decided to confiscate / repossess his ' (apostrophe) at some point in time!!! Happy / proud to still have mine
default_biggrin.png

Jill O'

Thank you Karina for posting this!

I am very glad President Obama is in your country and you are enjoying him! I am proud to call him my President!

I thank you for such a positive post, glad you enjoyed our presidents visit. I apoligize for the negitive responses. As you have noticed there is a lot of negitivity toward our sitting president, but everyone in this country has the freedom of speech and is allowed to voice their opinion. this is a very diverse nation. I'm English, Irish, and Cherokee, my husband is English, Irish and Scotch, we are all mixed up, mutts so to say. President Obama is no exception. Our country is still going through a recession, much worse then the one during the Reagan years, while I was still employed, but we will get through it, just as you will. Have faith and hope, we will prevail. Believe in our faith and do the best we can. In my heart I know that history will tell a differnt story, that President Obama was a good President, just as they have done with President Reagan, even though he caused us great hardship he still turned out to do a lot of good. As I've said everyone in this great country of ours has a voice and an opinion, and is free to say what they will, as long as you don't yell fire in a movie theatre. I appreciate all the our sitting President has done and is doing. He has my support and I knew when I first saw this post that the vitrol would be great, but I am a proud Cherokee American and will always stand tall.

Did anyone watch it in America? Everyone is saying that it is a side of Barack Obama that you dont normally see and if he keeps it up he will be a shoo in for the next Presidential Election.
I'm glad you enjoyed his visit. I take it that he hasn't asked you all to change your nation's borders.

Well Obama is now in the UK for a couple of days before continuing on to Europe. I just want to say that the economic problems being suffered by most of the countries in the world right now, started years ago and to be honest it will probably be years before they can be solved. I dont think our present governments - like them or hate them - are going to be able to make much difference in a few short years. I know things have become extremely difficult for a lot of folk - often tragically so, but the main blame lies with the 'governors' of the past, not necessarily by those in power at the moment. I dont approve of the things that our parliament are suggesting/making law, but not much I can do about it, just knuckle down, carry on and hope that someone somewhere has the answers to help us all.

I have no feelings either way about the Obamas, but I hope that I have the simple good manners to welcome them or anyone else on a visit to my country. At the same time I would like to thank the Irish people for making my Queen feel so welcome on her recent visit to their beautiful country.

Anna

I thank you for such a positive post, glad you enjoyed our presidents visit. I apoligize for the negitive responses.
Riverrose, please don't apologize for other people, especially me, just because you do not share a perspective. No one was rude. We're not your kids, and are surely not speaking from an uninformed nor unpassionate point view.

Anna your Queen was wonderful too and we were all glued to her and enjoyed all that went on during her stay. I think she enjoyed it too.

I think everyone is hurting now and like Anna said its our past "govenors" that did the damage and unfortunately things break quickly but take a long time to fix and heal.

I have not found anyone insulting but I do find it very sad that there are so many people suffering in the world today. People are only just getting by or have lost jobs, homes even families are been broken up with this recession with the stress its putting on families.

Just know that we are all rooting for each other and some day that rainbow will appear and we will start to come out the other side. If we stick together we will survive, bruised and batter no doubt but hopefully with a smile on our face and with new heart to look forward.

I thank you for such a positive post, glad you enjoyed our presidents visit. I apoligize for the negitive responses. As you have noticed there is a lot of negitivity toward our sitting president, but everyone in this country has the freedom of speech and is allowed to voice their opinion. this is a very diverse nation.
Please do not apologize for me either!
default_frusty.gif
How many millions of our taxpayer dollars did he spend on his visit? He likes to travel with all his cars, dozens in his retinue, and even his own chefs--which I consider an insult to a host country. He could feed a lot of poor children with that kind of money--if he really cared about children.

I purposely avoid posting on political threads as I'm no expert in it - but I totally agree with Jill, Marsha, WeeBiscuit and Southern Heart - - worst thing ever to happen to the US was giving him that title. Hope he's not re-elected or we're in serious trouble......

too bad its not voting like Amercan Idol where you can vote as many times as you want! LOL

Amen Jill!!! And that's all I have to say about that! And dont apologize for me either!

Glad you enjoyed his visit! I'm with riverrose ;) sorry Marsha but traveling comes with the job position and that's how ALL presidents have done it. Most of it is security. Considering everyone thought Obama would be assassinated during his presidency, of course he has his own chef. Can't tsk him for that. If you were him you'd do the same, I guarantee it.

Personally I think Bush Jr was the worst thing that ever happened to the US, but that's JMO.

Bush also suggested the 1967 border approach as the first step to negotiations- and that idea has also been supported by Israeli leaders in the past. Obama did not pull that out of thin air as many would have you believe - while they conveniently overlook who else has brought up that idea. Of course they do.

All presidents have travelled and had staff - but of course only Obama is held to task for it. Of course he is.

He likes to travel with all his cars
All his cars? Such as? I know Secret Service vehicles have occasionally been used - but Obama hauls around his own cars? Nope.

I may not care for everything the guy does or says but I get weary of the fault finding and finger pointing and hypocrisy that the talking heads on TV and radio feed us.

Hey - at least we can laugh at Newt "pay no attention to what I said last week" Gingrich...

Aside from all that... I am glad you enjoyed the visit, Karina!

Glad you enjoyed his visit. I get a kick out of foreign dignitaries visiting us in the US, too.
default_smile.png
I hope someday I can visit Ireland (my ancestors are Boyles and Keeches) and I hope I don't have to become president to do so.
default_biggrin.png

Back