Why I'm not for Obama - List your reasons if you wish

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While working as an OB Tech I witnessed a woman darn her Daughter in Law because the baby had a harelip. She said the DIL was being punished for having an abortion at 15. The fact that her son had a harelip never crossed her mind. I really dislike supposed Christians acting in a very unchristian manner.
default_wub.png

Since we are now speaking of abortions here is some info I gathered. IF a mother's health is at risk or rape I can kinda understand. BUT americans use it as a form of birth control so often!!!

REASONS FOR ABORTIONS: COMPILED ESTIMATES

rape 0.3 % (0.1-0.6 %)

incest 0.03 % (0.01-0.1 %)

physical life of mother 0.2 % (0.1-0.3 %)

physical health of mother 1.0 % (0.1-3 %)

fetal health 0.5 % (0.1-1.0 %)

mental health of mother depends on definition

"personal choice" 98% (78-99 %)

--too young/immature/not ready for responsibility --(32 %)

--economic --30% (21-36 %)

--to avoid adjusting life --(16 %)

--mother single or in poor relationship --(12-13 %)

--enough children already --(4-8 %)

--sex selection --(<0.1 %)

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another link with stats:

Statistics

The numbers are very close to the post above. I agree with you Fran, it does appear to be a form of birth control for many.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why I dislike it so much! People dont want to take responsibilities for their actions, they just figure-Oh I can just get an abortion!! So wrong in my book...

The highest percentage of abortions is people who didnt THINK before.. To me the others are just general or broad excuses so they dont have to pay the consequences (I'm not saying an abortion is easy) but raising a child is SOOOOOOOOOO much harder.. But sooooooooooo much more rewarding....

This topic IS NOT up to us.

Its between the woman/girl and GOD.

For Republicans that want LESS government involvement this should certainly pertain to an individuals BODY and not just to their pocketbook.

Thats what INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM is guys whether we agree with it or not.

Latest posts

Back