New Flowers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I feel silly, but I'm no flower expert by any means. I was just given some new plants that are half dead from lack of water. They're already "perking back up" but there's no tags to say what they are, so I just KNEW some of y'all would know. I'd like to find out some planting information on them, but need to know what they are so I can look them up.

The first one's very common, but I can't remember what it's called.

100_1838.jpg

I don't know that I've ever seen this one. All but a couple of the flowers have totally died off, so hopefully they can be ID'd with mainly the leaves. I can take closer/better pics if needed.

100_1845.jpg

100_1847.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

I feel silly, but I'm no flower expert by any means. I was just given some new plants that are half dead from lack of water. They're already "perking back up" but there's no tags to say what they are, so I just KNEW some of y'all would know. I'd like to find out some planting information on them, but need to know what they are so I can look them up.

The first one's very common, but I can't remember what it's called.

100_1838.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!
I'm pretty sure this is a Geranium. Sorry, I don't have a clue on the other two.

I'm pretty sure this is a Geranium. Sorry, I don't have a clue on the other two.
Thank you so much! I knew that was a common plant, just couldn't think of the name :eek:

The other plant almost reminds me of a daisy, but I'm not sure if the leaves are right for a daisy
default_unsure.png
:

The second one looks like a Zennia (sp)

Last edited by a moderator:
The second one looks like a Zennia (sp)
Hmmm, I looked up pictures of zinnia and that's not what the purple one is (at least the leaves don't look the same), BUT that's another plant that I have. It was advertised as a daisy and I've always thought that's what it was. Now I'm finding out that it's probably a zinnia, LOL.

Anywho, I'll get better pics of the flower and leaves of the second plant tomorrow (the 2nd and 3rd pics are the same plant). The leaves almost look like the leaves from a holly bush that I have, except they don't have the "spines" on them. Also, that flower is wilting from lack of water so it's not as vibrant as it should be.

The first one is a geranium looks like it could be an ivy leaf geranium by the shine of the leaves. The second I believe is a painted daisy they come in many colors. I have some that are lemon yellow.

Here's some better pictures of the leaves on the second plant. The biggest leaves are between 2-3 inches long.

leaves.jpg

leaves2.jpg

I've been looking up every suggestion and nothing so far has leaves like this :eek:

The leaves look exactly like my painted daisy Karla where are you. Steph PM Karla with the pic she will tell you positively what you have.

I think the second pic is a Purple Coneflower.

They look like a large daisy, but are purple, and the petals point down when fully bloomed.

Could the one without any flowers on it be a Felicia I think I spelled that wrong.

They have blue flowers. Spelling sounds like fill ish ah.

Thanks to you all, for trying to help identify the "mystery plant". I still don't have a clue what it is
default_wacko.png
: Sometime this weekend, I might take it to a local nursery and see if they can ID it because I'd really like to know what it is
default_yes.gif
:

When the flowers were in full bloom, did they have a really pointy, stick out head and then the purple petals pointed down, towards the stem?

I still think that from the one flower kinda showing in the back, that it is a purple coneflower.

Actually Sharon, we've got those coneflowers here and they're gorgeous, but that's not what this is. The one flower that's pictured was just days away from wilting (it had already started) and it was about the size of a half dollar coin, maybe a little bigger or smaller. I don't have any new blooms yet, but there's a few buds so when it blooms I'll get some more pictures.

Back