New Cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KathyB

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a moderately priced, new cart for my driving mini. I am not looking for a show cart, just a cart for back roads and trails. I really like the wooden carts at A Silver Penney Farm. I would love to hear from someone who has one.

Thanks,

Kathy

Kathy, I don't have one. I was going to get one before I got my Pacific. The only reason I didnt get it was because I needed better suspension for my back. I saw one up close at a show they are very nice carts. Hopefully someone that has one will chime in soon. Kathy

Thanks for the reply. The Pacific's are a bit out of my price range, but they are really nice looking carts. How do you like it?

Kathy, I don't have one. I was going to get one before I got my Pacific. The only reason I didnt get it was because I needed better suspension for my back. I saw one up close at a show they are very nice carts. Hopefully someone that has one will chime in soon. Kathy

I have two and love them both! One is easy entry wood with wire wheels, another is the show cart with wooden wheels.

I have one of the Silver Penny Farm wooden wheeled carts, and I also have a wooden easy entry (not theirs) and a Graber show cart. I have only used the Silver Penny Farm cart twice, (and once was yesterday!) as I do prefer the Graber cart for showing, but all in all, I like the cart very much. I thought my mare would have a harder time with it than she did, as it is heavier than the Graber. I got it so that I would have a second cart I can use for showing (mostly Pinto shows where wooden wheel carriages are common) and also for any ADS driving or CDEs I might want to enter. So all in all, I am very pleased with my choice and it was a lot cheaper than the Graber (which I admit I just love!).

Thanks for the reply. The Pacific's are a bit out of my price range, but they are really nice looking carts. How do you like it?

I love it. They are pricey. But well worth the money (I had to save a little bit longer) they are so very adjustable, so if I ever get a bigger mini I won't have to get a new cart to fit him. I want to do CDE's and I know I would be so worried that I was messing up my nice wood cart in the CDE
default_no.gif

They are very well made and have lots of options you can get when you order or add later. You can't beat the ride, very smooth and quiet.

Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and I really like it but some how I ended up with 4 carts and my husband said I need to down size so it is for sale!
default_rolleyes.gif
But I used it for showing and trail driving and I liked it a lot. I have back problems and it did not bother me at all to drive it out on the trail. The getting into it can be a little tricky at times when my back is hurting. But my husband decided I needed a Jerald show cart last year and bought me one. Other wise it wouldn't be for sale.

I LOVE my Silver Penney cart! I get many compliments on it and people are very surprised if I tell them how inexpensive it was. As "west2u" said, getting in can be a little tricky, but the comfy ride is so worth it. I have used mine in open shows, carriage club trail drives, and two CDEs thus far, and it has held up beautifully! Pam is great to work with, too!

Latest posts

Back