New Addition to my family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
I'm so excited...I hope to pick him up tomorrow from his foster Mom. We met him yesterday during the home inspection, he is so friendly and yes, very energetic...just what we wanted! Brutus my lab didn't take much of a liking to him but Brutus did the same thing when we got Radar and now they are best buds. It will take a couple days for Brutus to realize that he is not leaving (no matter how hard he wishes he would), but they'll be fine. I will be constantly supervising them all together with the help of my husband.

His current name is Tanga, he is just under a year old (est. of course), 15lbs and 14" at the shoulder. He has beautiful markings and such a great personality...he loves everyone! He is housetrained and crate trained...can sit (but not for too long..lol). He can do "down" but wiggles like a worm...so cute. He is not good at recall so that will be our main objective and I may just get a trainer to work with me because of his high energy.

I am taking any name suggestions. I like the name "Blitz" and actually Tanga isn't too bad, I would like for him to have a unique name that says "catch me if you can" because that's his personality for sure.

I had been thinking about another dog for a few months and browsed hundreds on line with no real intent until I saw him. These are the pics from his foster Mom, I'll post some more when I finally get him settled in.

tanga4.jpg

tanga9.jpg

tanga1.jpg

Now off to petsmart...got some fun things to buy!

Congratulations Sonya!!! He's so cute!! Now, if you buy one more you'll have as many as I do!
default_unsure.png

Nice dog!! I love his color. Hey, call him Freckles, as he sure has more than most redheads.
default_laugh.png

He's adorable!!
default_wub.png
I actually like Tanga. It's unique and when you yell at him it comes out forcefully.
default_wink.png

I really like him, he looks like he will be a fun dog to have around. Congrats!Joyce

Oh Sonya I really like him. He's adorable. I also love all is "freckles" too. Congrat's on your new boy, have fun
default_smile.png
TJ

Thankyou everyone...I'm so excited. I pick him up tomorrow afternoon. Spent $240 at petsmart
default_new_shocked.gif
. I actually hate to shop except for things like that...I love it! Got him a night time bed, food bowl, leash, collar, treats, a couple toys and some chew bones, a 50ft training lead. I already have a crate/crate bed for him. And of course I had to buy the other two a couple things too so they wouldn't feel left out!
default_wink.png

I haven't had a new dog in so long. We got Brutus over 12 years ago and Radar 8 yrs ago. I'm so looking forward to it. I am prepared for the slight chaos as well, it will be welcomed!
default_smile.png

And I might just stick with his name of "Tanga" it is unique and he does know it a little. He's only been with his foster Mom for 3 weeks so he has been through alot in the past month.

Thanks again!

Oh, he is just adorable! Lucky you and him!

Awwww Sonya, He is ADORABLE.
default_wub.png
I think there are alot of times that Angel just wishes KaJ would go back home too. :DOH! .but hes not going anyplace!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Congrats on finding the perfect pal.
default_thumbup.gif

Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
How fun it is to add a new dog to the household! Congratulations! He is really cute and looks like he will liven the place up a bit.
default_wink.png
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

He's ADORABLE!
default_wub.png
I can see why you're excited!
default_smile.png

It may be just me but when I first saw him he kind of reminded me of a red heeler
default_smile.png
But that's a good thing cause I love red heelers!
default_wink.png
LOL well nevertheless he's SO cute and you're going to have SO much fun with him!!! Do post pictures once you have him home and settled in!
default_smile.png

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I LOVE HIM!!! He's a doll!!!

[SIZE=18pt]Congratulations!!!![/SIZE]

Leya

p.s. I like Tanga too! It's a very unique and beautiful name!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He is here! He is very very smart! In one evening he is no longer jumping on the furniture (without permission) or jumping on people. Brutus is getting better with him, but he is still not pleased that he is here. They are all great outside, but in the house I have to watch carefully. Brutus and Tanga are fine until they get the time to stare at each other...I just distract them and that is working good for now. Radar and Tanga get along good..however when tension does start to mount between Tanga and Brutus , Radar gets upset and just leaves the room. It's going to take a few days, but overall it is working. He is like a flystrip attached to my leg (which is understandable)...but of course so are all of my dogs! I love him already I will be much happier though when the tension between Brutus and he stops...I can't get crap done around the house..I am having to supervise constantly.

On his adoption papers he is listed as Rat Terrier in one spot and then Jack Russell/Chihauha on another part. It doesn't matter either way to me, but I am curious to what other's think.

Sonya, I dont care what breed he is..He is ADORABLE
default_wub.png
Our Angel, is suppose to be lab x JRT. I never could see the JRT terrier in her, but 3 vets had told me "terrier" and then when I had a reading done on her (she was the pup we found laying in the road half frozen to death) the woman who did her reading had no clue to what the vets had said..she came back as saying lab and JRT..so I am thinking it must be right. Of course, Angel could be 100 mixed breeds in her and we would love her just the same! She is just our very spoiled baby. She is learning to adjust to the new kid in the house too, our standard poodle, so far ...so good..
default_biggrin.png
Here is a pic of our Angel. I think Shawna has JRT too, maybe she will see this and chime in (if not..I will email her).

Corinne

Angelredo.jpg

Latest posts

Back