New Addition to my family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah Corrine, she is a cutie...she kinda looks like my mix in my avatar (minus all the greys on mine's face). We think he has some terrier x lab x beagle x god knows what! My vet always says about mixes/mutts..."the great thing about them is they can be whatever you want them to be!"
default_biggrin.png

he's just adorable, congrats on your new addition! i think you should change his name to "zoom!".
default_biggrin.png

Your vet sounds great! I like his attitude...
default_biggrin.png
. The one in the avatar, reminds me of my Shado, he was German Shepherd with about 1/4 lab in him. He was a super dog. He grayed out starting at about 6 and crossed when he was 14. (about 1 1/2 yrs ago)

Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!
default_wub.png

I hope the tension between Tanga and Brutus goes away eventually, but it may not. I have a few dogs who I cannot let out together unsupervised, so they are rotated between crates and baby gated rooms the rest of the time. If you leave any bones or high value toys out, you might consider picking them up and saving them for training rewards, or time alone. If you free feed, I would start feeding meals. Little things like that can go a long way in helping the dogs get along, preventing a fight over valuable resources.

I like the name Zoom! Thanks again everyone. The tension is already dropping. Outside Brutus and Tanga get along great, they play and run together. It's inside where the tension can happen. I don't free feed so that's not a problem. Toys haven't been a problem either..there are plenty to go around. I can feed treats all together and that's been fine too, everyone sits and waits. I think it's gonna just take a little time, it's only been 24 hrs. I won't let them all alone together though, not for a very long time when I can be positive that there aren't any "issues". I am giving them all individual time and time together until everyone is ok with this adjustment.

Tanga is a major connoisseur of rabbit and deer pooh! He's been kept in the city/suburbs in a privacy fenced yard....so this country stuff is alittle new to him...he's not too fond of the well water, but he is drinking it. He is on a 50ft training lead when outside until I can trust him to listen.

He is a snugglebug too! He was curled up in my lap this morning and Doug said he looked like a little fawn all curled up with his spots (reversed though) and his big ears. Doug has nicknamed him "hamster"....lol

default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

I love reading about how he's settling in, and how much you love him!!!

Dogs are just the best and he is an exceptionally cute one!!!!!!

He's adorable! Looks like the perfect little guy. He does look like he has either Jack Russell or Rat Terrier. The RTs have longer legs, about the biggest difference between the 2. His freckles could be from the JRT though. He looks to me to be maybe JRT and Heeler cross with that face, size, color, smarts and 'cuddleness".

His legs are very long for his size, plus he is more dainty than most JR's I've seen...hard to tell really, he could even be a large toy fox terrier. I've been reading up about RT's and they have so many breeds in them and none of them really look the "same". I guess that's why the AKC will not approve them in their registry.

He is adapting great at our house. Brutus and he just ignore each other in the house, but they do play outside together. There has not been a growl in 2 days...knocking on wood. Radar and Tanga run around the house constantly now and play. He has not went potty in the house, he is now off his training lead in the yard and he comes running as soon as I call him, of course I am always outside when he is. He loves his crate and when I can't supervise him with the other two I put him in his crate (it's in the kitchen), he just lays down and watches me...doesn't cry or anything. He is really a good dog.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

My sister has a rat terrier, they are COOL dogs. HIGH ENERGY you might consider TAZZ for a name after the tazzmanian devil. Super smart and very quick learners.

Latest posts

Back