Neverending Saga: Walmart, what a rip off

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, when we moved to Texas, I didn't realize things were so very far away. Two Wal-Marts, (really three) within 35 or so miles of us. One, I turn out of our road, go left, drive 25 miles, and go into the smaller "super" wally-world. Can't always find what I want or need there. I also found it could be 10-11 cents more expensive than the larger one. That one is to the right when I turn off our road, drive about 27-28 miles, down the interstate, and that one does have everything I usually want or need. And as I mentioned previously, several cents cheaper. How can one store be so much more expensive than another? The third Wal-Mart is probably 32 miles from us and is even tiner than the first one I described. In order to go to the mall and other places to shop, other than Wal-Mart, I have to drive about 50 miles down the Interstate.So Marty, I know what you mean about having to go to Wal-Mart to do shopping. Oh, and another thing, I can hardly find any fish in this area but cat fish or tilapia. I have asked the manager of the groceries if they could please get in perch, cod, haddock, whatever, but they just look at me and either tell me there is no market for it in this area, or they don't do the ordering. They only sell what someone in some corporate office designates is right for the area. How can someone in another area know what will go in this area if they don't at least stock it once. Oh my gosh, how I miss Ky. when it comes to convenience and groceries!

Hey Stacy :saludando: ....we had a Super Walmart built in Dixon last year..(yep, little ol' Dixon)...it is wonderful!! Big and bright....but arranged a bit wierd when used to the old small WM's. And I think they are still moving things around.
default_wacko.png
:

Maybe it won't be long before you guys get one close by.
default_yes.gif
:

Sue
default_smile.png

we hate walmart too but we shop there all the time... it's right on the way from work to home, and even has our bank in it.
default_rolleyes.gif
: so really, what choice do we have?? if i ONLY need a couple things though i hit the safeway or albertson's (grocery stores in case they are not nationwide...) that are also on the way home. but for one-stop shopping when you need that gas additive for the golf cart we feed with, and dog food, and refills for the food saver... and a movie from the 2 for $11 bin :lol:

Back