need some seller advice...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like i said, you do your stuff i do mine. i'm not you and i dont like to ship longer than 4 hours. are we REALLY gonna fight about this?

i agree that there is much to learn here, but only if you can get past the pickiness and "do it my way or the highway" additude that exists here.
Yeah, well, you sure wouldn't want to take my word for it. It's not like I have had horses for your entire life, that I love my horses beyond words, or that I have any really nice horses -- right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep on disregarding good advice. Honestly, that explains A LOT about a few things.

i didnt disregard anything, i'm gelding him which was EXACTLY what everyone said to do! jeez, cant i EVER get any credit from you people?!?

Molly, your threads always seem to end up with you being rude and disrespectful to people merely because you thinkthey have been rude or disrespectful to you.

You stated quite clearly that you were not doing that anymore, that you were being respectful, then the very next post you were downright rude.

Honestly, did your parents teach you no manners?

I have owned and bred horses longer than your parentshave been alive, Jill has been doing this since before you were born, or at least since before you could walk, you asked, as you always start off asking, for opinions, but, I fear, that is not what you want.

You want people to agree with you.

We don't.

Then, because we don't, you get nasty.

Young lady, you have some serious growing up to do, in the meantime, I suggest you confine yourself to the youth forum, that was what it was set up for, and there are still plenty of adults around to help with anything the youngsters themselves can't answer. You may even learn something.

Molly, your threads always seem to end up with you being rude and disrespectful to people merely because you thinkthey have been rude or disrespectful to you.

You stated quite clearly that you were not doing that anymore, that you were being respectful, then the very next post you were downright rude.

Honestly, did your parents teach you no manners?

I have owned and bred horses longer than your parentshave been alive, Jill has been doing this since before you were born, or at least since before you could walk, you asked, as you always start off asking, for opinions, but, I fear, that is not what you want.

You want people to agree with you.

We don't.

Then, because we don't, you get nasty.

Young lady, you have some serious growing up to do, in the meantime, I suggest you confine yourself to the youth forum, that was what it was set up for, and there are still plenty of adults around to help with anything the youngsters themselves can't answer. You may even learn something.

i was nice until people got rude. I need to grow up? whos fighting with a teenager over the internet for NO REASON AT ALL??

I was not fighting, you really do need to learn the difference between attempting to reason with someone and fighting, it will help you later in life.

I was attempting to reason with you.

Since you do not seem to be able to understand what that is, this would appear to be a pointless discussion.

I was not fighting, you really do need to learn the difference between attempting to reason with someone and fighting, it will help you later in life.

I was attempting to reason with you.

Since you do not seem to be able to understand what that is, this would appear to be a pointless discussion.

reason with me FOR WHAT???? I'M GOING TO DO WHAT YOU ALL SAID TO DO!!!! i'm listening to you all and you STILL fight with, or 'reason', with me!

Giving you the advice you requested, but didn't want to hear, is not rude.

OMG does no one listen anymore??? i just said i'm having him GELDED, WHICH IS WHAT YOU ALL WANTED!

well i'm gonna go see my girls, yall can just keep fighting for no reason. bye!!

If you are gelding him it is due to what you want not others or it should be anyway

To anyone else as frustrating as this topic and othersseems to get lets remember .. we all have to power to play the game or not LOL

Perhaps it is time to simply not play :)

To anyone else as frustrating as this topic and othersseems to get lets remember .. we all have to power to play the game or not LOL

Perhaps it is time to simply not play :)
Lisa, welcome to the course / court / field
biggrin.gif

................... oh never mind, not worth it........... started to post because I just couldn't help myself (your posts always start and end the same). Second thought - yes I will post anyway.

God love those members who continue to try to give you the benefit of the doubt when they see you ask a question. They continue to give you one more chance at a normal question and answer session on this forum. They have alot of patience and kindness and they continue to share their experience and knowledge - fully aware of how your posts will do a 360 degree turnaround in the end and spit in their faces - and even worse, get locked and then deleted. Haven't you noticed that yet?

I too was impressed at the beginning with your approach, but you simply cannot help yourself. LOL

Your capitalization, explanation points - all appear to be screaming at those that try to help you. My suggestion is when you get info that you don't agree with then just go on about your business and do not continue posting or replying. The topic can just end and lie dead. Those folks that continue to try to help you will eventually figure out it's not worth the aggrevation. As not only have I tried not to post ............. I notice lots of others have not (that usually do as they've already given up on you).

When you quote someone, and then use capital letters and explanation marks and be rude - they (I'll say we) can't help but post once more LOL

Perhaps read your own replies BEFORE you hit "add reply". Read it as if you are the other person and how you would interpret what is said. Sit back and try to "hear" what you are writing to others and how it might be taken.

You already know by now what pushes buttons and the smart thing would be to avoid those buttons. Again, if you don't like the replies you get - simply ignore them - don't argue them as you'll find the rest of the members more experienced than you and you just sound silly and stupid and we know you want to be taken more seriously.

I have to say that when MRM is not posting - the forum is ............ um ........... well, sometimes can get alittle slow and quiet ..... so thank you for always giving us alittle humor and excitement.

You might learn to read the signs to figure out just how far it goes before mods finally lock it - then you can avoid it.

so i put my stallion for sale on the internet and this morning i got an e-mail asking about him. it was your average e-mail until she asked if he was broke. i stated clearly in the ad that he's only 2 and it would have to be until next year before he would be ready to be put in a cart. this persons e-mail adress also caught my attention, then i checked and he'd be going to columbus ohio! the more i find out the more i get a bad feeling. what would you all do??

Hi Molly,

Some people do start ground driving at 2 to be ready to drive at 3 years of age.

I agree there has been alot of funny emails that come and ask about horses for sale.

Always better safe than sorry.

Your just a typical teenager, and I can see your point.

It is best that you and your parents decide to geld or not to geld, that is not up to us to make that decision for you.

Nice to see young people are asking questions.

Take care, I think you are right this topic has been answered.
default_wub.png

I have read all of the topics that mollys run has posted thus far and I know how frustrating they have gotten. This time however, it was not mollys run who turned this topic into something it didn't need to be. Mollys run was surprisingly civil up until a few people got upset with her lack of knowledge. She is just 15 and these are her first minis, please go back and look at the responses and see how a young lady may view them. I understand both sides this time-before this gets out of hand I suggest that everyone try to do the same. I am sorry if I will upset some people with this. I'm really just trying to help. I know it's frustrating and everyone wants the best for mollys run's horses, but if you want to get a point across, snide remarks are not going to get the job done ( and yes, there were a few before she started getting upset). Remember before you flame me, I said I understand BOTH sides. She has hurt many forum members, but I think many have hurt her too.

Please, if you can't say something nice (mollys run, you are included in this) then don't say anything at all

................... oh never mind, not worth it........... started to post because I just couldn't help myself (your posts always start and end the same). Second thought - yes I will post anyway.

God love those members who continue to try to give you the benefit of the doubt when they see you ask a question. They continue to give you one more chance at a normal question and answer session on this forum. They have alot of patience and kindness and they continue to share their experience and knowledge - fully aware of how your posts will do a 360 degree turnaround in the end and spit in their faces - and even worse, get locked and then deleted. Haven't you noticed that yet?

I too was impressed at the beginning with your approach, but you simply cannot help yourself. LOL

Your capitalization, explanation points - all appear to be screaming at those that try to help you. My suggestion is when you get info that you don't agree with then just go on about your business and do not continue posting or replying. The topic can just end and lie dead. Those folks that continue to try to help you will eventually figure out it's not worth the aggrevation. As not only have I tried not to post ............. I notice lots of others have not (that usually do as they've already given up on you).

When you quote someone, and then use capital letters and explanation marks and be rude - they (I'll say we) can't help but post once more LOL

Perhaps read your own replies BEFORE you hit "add reply". Read it as if you are the other person and how you would interpret what is said. Sit back and try to "hear" what you are writing to others and how it might be taken.

You already know by now what pushes buttons and the smart thing would be to avoid those buttons. Again, if you don't like the replies you get - simply ignore them - don't argue them as you'll find the rest of the members more experienced than you and you just sound silly and stupid and we know you want to be taken more seriously.

I have to say that when MRM is not posting - the forum is ............ um ........... well, sometimes can get alittle slow and quiet ..... so thank you for always giving us alittle humor and excitement.

You might learn to read the signs to figure out just how far it goes before mods finally lock it - then you can avoid it.

instead of making a post that will only aggravate me more, why not take your own advice and not post at all?

ETA: not trying to be rude

so i put my stallion for sale on the internet and this morning i got an e-mail asking about him. it was your average e-mail until she asked if he was broke. i stated clearly in the ad that he's only 2 and it would have to be until next year before he would be ready to be put in a cart. this persons e-mail adress also caught my attention, then i checked and he'd be going to columbus ohio! the more i find out the more i get a bad feeling. what would you all do??

Hi Molly,

Some people do start ground driving at 2 to be ready to drive at 3 years of age.

I agree there has been alot of funny emails that come and ask about horses for sale.

Always better safe than sorry.

Your just a typical teenager, and I can see your point.

It is best that you and your parents decide to geld or not to geld, that is not up to us to make that decision for you.

Nice to see young people are asking questions.

Take care, I think you are right this topic has been answered.
wub.gif

thanks

I have read all of the topics that mollys run has posted thus far and I know how frustrating they have gotten. This time however, it was not mollys run who turned this topic into something it didn't need to be. Mollys run was surprisingly civil up until a few people got upset with her lack of knowledge. She is just 15 and these are her first minis, please go back and look at the responses and see how a young lady may view them. I understand both sides this time-before this gets out of hand I suggest that everyone try to do the same. I am sorry if I will upset some people with this. I'm really just trying to help. I know it's frustrating and everyone wants the best for mollys run's horses, but if you want to get a point across, snide remarks are not going to get the job done ( and yes, there were a few before she started getting upset). Remember before you flame me, I said I understand BOTH sides. She has hurt many forum members, but I think many have hurt her too.

Please, if you can't say something nice (mollys run, you are included in this) then don't say anything at all

thank you for trying to see it in my eyes. i do have a very short temper that i'm trying to work on. i used to have a friend that called me the OTT(Overly Touchy Teenager) lol.

l just read this post and my oh my..l think your little guy is very cute he reminds me a lot of what was available to us about 25 years ago so as a breeding stallion in this decade l'd also say hands down on him as a stallion. As far as a show gelding l know what the youth up here show and some of them could have been left stallions they are very nice good conformation and in porportion. l know everyone always says if they shouldn't breed then geld them and show them...l don't always agree though l know any mini can be shown but doesn't mean they should be shown aside from obstacle or color class driving also requires a mini to have what it takes the first thing for me is long enough legs not a shorty that looks like a little sewing machine zipping along...l've seen them shown haven't often seen them place well though and the owners usually come back with one thats better. You live and learn all through your life with horses. lf we plan to show and drive a 2 year old they know the basics of driving as long yearlings and usually have a driver in the cart by fall of there second year..after all they show at 3 and need some experience before that. Respect is something l went through also with my daughters when they were around your age who felt they didn't get enough of it from adults and as l told them it isn't something you ask for because you feel you deserve it it is something that is earned over time by others. Good luck on whatever you do with your guy and l'm sure your a nice enough girl who just wants to fit in.

Latest posts

Back