need some seller advice...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he is overweight, why would you sweat him? Surely he needs to go on a diet??????

he did really well in his first show (5th out of 11) he needs to lose weight though, he's almost 200 pounds so i'm going to start sweating him
5 out of 11 at an open show for a breeding horse is not at all good in my book.

Exercise him, put him on a diet, sweat him -- whatever. His conformation isn't going to change.

I agree with others, what is wrong with someone from another state inquiring about your horse? Gee lucky you!

I would geld him first too, if it were that important, and again a public forum is not the place to discuss this type of business transaction. You should have mentors by now that can advise you privately of what you should do in situations like this.

Good luck with your sales!

I visited the Molly's Run Minis website and, apparently, the young lady who has been posting is indeed a young lady ... a 15-year-old.

Perhaps we should take that into account when advising and rebuking her.

Sorry, posted incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaddax3-everyone here is familiar with the young lady from molly's run, and we are all definitely aware of her age. She is a smart girl and it seems that the way people have been talking to her is the only way things get through. That may seem harsh, but it is the truth.

Yaddax3-everyone here is familiar with the young lady from molly's run, and we are all definitely aware of her age. She is a smart girl and it seems that the way people have been talking to her is the only way things get through. That may seem harsh, but it is the truth.

the only reason i'm taking the snippy and somewhat rude comments is because i dont wanna get banned. i've decided to geld him (through the advice of someone who WASNT snippy, rude, etc) and it sounds like i'll be useing his stallion to breed with misty next year. you dont have to take my age into account but please have some respect here! jeez!

I agree with others, what is wrong with someone from another state inquiring about your horse? Gee lucky you!

i've already stated that i dont like the idea of shipping him over 4 hours because, call me crazy!, i think its bad for the horse and there are way to many risks involved. i dont think its lucky at all, you do your thing and i do mine ok? and my thing is NOT shipping 4+ hours no matter who the person is.

If he is overweight, why would you sweat him? Surely he needs to go on a diet??????

he IS on a diet! things arent going to happen overnight you know! he's already lost at least 5 pounds since i got him and i dont have the equipment for sweating yet.

i've already stated that i dont like the idea of shipping him over 4 hours because, call me crazy!, i think its bad for the horse and there are way to many risks involved. i dont think its lucky at all, you do your thing and i do mine ok? and my thing is NOT shipping 4+ hours no matter who the person is.
4 hours really isn't that much of a trip.

I moved across two states with horses twice; first trip mare was pregant (she fell asleep during part of the trip on a moving trailer), return trip foal was a yearling. Both trips were minimum 10 hours drive time, return trip hauler got stuck in a white-out blizzard and it added 2+ hours to their travel time; yearling jump off the trailer ready to go and do more.

4 hours really isn't that much of a trip.

I moved across two states with horses twice; first trip mare was pregant (she fell asleep during part of the trip on a moving trailer), return trip foal was a yearling. Both trips were minimum 10 hours drive time, return trip hauler got stuck in a white-out blizzard and it added 2+ hours to their travel time; yearling jump off the trailer ready to go and do more.

i've been in a car for 4 hours straight n i hated it. i'm sure my horses would feel the same. i didnt say yours didnt like traveling but mine would rather jump off a cliff

My horses went 22+ hours EACH WAY to Nationals. Four hours is not that long.

Andrea

Molly's Run, I was not trying to be rude, only explaining why some others are a little harsh with you. I apologize if it was rude, I did not mean for it to be. I applaud you for deciding to geld your boy, it was a big decision for you and I'm glad you made the right choice. Make sure you look into all of your options when breeding to an outside stallion-make sure he'll be a good fit with Misty. Lots of luck!

Also-don't rule out selling your boy to some place that will require shipping 4+ hours. If it is the right home then it will be worth it. If you make sure the shipper is reputable, there will be little risks involved. Sleep on it
default_smile.png

he's already lost at least 5 pounds since i got him
He looked trimmer in the pics you have from when he first arrived (but then he has matured a bit since). Just wondering - how do you know he has lost exactly 5 pounds? My weight tape is not that specific - I have always wished we had an industrial scale here!
default_laugh.png

A 4 hour haul is nothing. Absolutely nothing. When expensive multi-million dollar Thoroughbreds and Warmbloods haul all over the country and even fly for hours to different countries, I think you might be surprised that your minis would handle it very well. We tend to project our feelings onto our horses - but they are individuals and will not feel the same way about things that we do...
default_smile.png

the only reason i'm taking the snippy and somewhat rude comments is because i dont wanna get banned. i've decided to geld him (through the advice of someone who WASNT snippy, rude, etc) and it sounds like i'll be useing his stallion to breed with misty next year. you dont have to take my age into account but please have some respect here! jeez!
Respect goes both ways, Molly. You have constantly sneered and been snippy and rude to the rest of us when we have tried to help you in the past. You demand respect but rarely give it. Age does not excuse bad manners. I am glad that you are trying not to go that route now...
default_yes.gif

OK, I won't even get into the first thing that sprang to my mind when "snippy" was mentioned, but let it stand that I can think of some specific snipping that wouldn't hurt the miniature horse world
biggrin.gif

You won't ship your horse to anyone 4+ hours away. Well, Miss Molly, you have so much to learn. I can't get to a real show without hauling my horses 4+ hours away. I've had pregnant mares, suckling foals, National champion horses, ETC. shipped to me from 1,000+ miles away and none suffered any harm due to the shipping
smile.gif

There's so much a person can learn about miniature horses from many of the members here, but only if a person is willing to take it in
rolleyes.gif

He looked trimmer in the pics you have from when he first arrived (but then he has matured a bit since). Just wondering - how do you know he has lost exactly 5 pounds? My weight tape is not that specific - I have always wished we had an industrial scale here!
laugh.gif

A 4 hour haul is nothing. Absolutely nothing. When expensive multi-million dollar Thoroughbreds and Warmbloods haul all over the country and even fly for hours to different countries, I think you might be surprised that your minis would handle it very well. We tend to project our feelings onto our horses - but they are individuals and will not feel the same way about things that we do...
smile.gif

Respect goes both ways, Molly. You have constantly sneered and been snippy and rude to the rest of us when we have tried to help you in the past. You demand respect but rarely give it. Age does not excuse bad manners. I am glad that you are trying not to go that route now...
yes.gif
according to my tape he has lost between 5-8 pounds so i just say he lost 5. i havent been rude or snippy in the past couple of topics/post(whatever you call em) i have made. nice to know that you all have noticed and have forgotten the past. i already said i would geld and keep him so this post is DONE. OVER. FINISHED. dont you all have something better to do?

Would you care to reword your last response, in line with you not being rude or snippy any more???

You won't ship your horse to anyone 4+ hours away. Well, Miss Molly, you have so much to learn. I can't get to a real show without hauling my horses 4+ hours away. I've had pregnant mares, suckling foals, National champion horses, ETC. shipped to me from 1,000+ miles away and none suffered any harm due to the shipping
smile.gif

There's so much a person can learn about miniature horses from many of the members here, but only if a person is willing to take it in
rolleyes.gif

like i said, you do your stuff i do mine. i'm not you and i dont like to ship longer than 4 hours. are we REALLY gonna fight about this?

i agree that there is much to learn here, but only if you can get past the pickiness and "do it my way or the highway" additude that exists here.

Latest posts

Back