Need Some Help (Esp Floridians)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Champagne Valley Farm

Reaction score
Hi all! I haven't been on here since Sept! EEK! But I need some help, well maybe more of some info. I moved down to Florida last year and in the last three months I've been trying to find farms around here to keep my Arab. (My minis are in Louisiana so he's the only one left to try and move him south) I would really like to find him a farm where he can just live out in a grass pasture with a run in. I haven't had too much luck with my search. I think I just may need some other places online to look or something! LOL. I had found some show barns near me but the board is INSANE! (compared to NY prices). That and there were no grass pastures which he really needs as he's an older gentleman and it helps his gut.

Any help or sites that I could go to would be greatly appreciated! And the farms don't nessecarily have to be around my area. I wouldn't even mind if the drive is a few hours away. Anywhere to know he's closer to me then NY.

Thanks so much! Mini people are so helpful!!! :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all! I haven't been on here since Sept! EEK! But I need some help, well maybe more of some info. I moved down to Florida last year and in the last three months I've been trying to find farms around here to keep my Arab. (My minis are in Louisiana so he's the only one left to try and move him south) I would really like to find him a farm where he can just live out in a grass pasture with a run in. I haven't had too much luck with my search. I think I just may need some other places online to look or something! LOL. I had found some show barns near me but the board is INSANE! (compared to NY prices). That and there were no grass pastures which he really needs as he's an older gentleman and it helps his gut.

Any help or sites that I could go to would be greatly appreciated! And the farms don't nessecarily have to be around my area. I wouldn't even mind if the drive is a few hours away. Anywhere to know he's closer to me then NY.

Thanks so much! Mini people are so helpful!!! :bgrin
Hi, I live in Florida in Palm City. It's about 40 minutes above the Palm Beaches. You can try Floridahorse.com I think it is and there is a small publication called Horse and Pony that you can look in that most tack stores have. There's also a book called The Barn Book and if I can find mine I will look in it for you. Where is Hollywood? I'll see if there's anyone that I can think of around here that has what you are looking for.

Hollywood is a half hour north of Miami. I wouldn't mind if he had to be a few hours drive away. Just knowing he was closer would make me feel so much better!

Thanks for the site I'm going to go check it out right now!

I sent you a PM also. The Barn Book has a wabsite at www.TheBarnBook.com

They have a whole listing of boarding facilities in mostly south Florida. Alot are show barns though and expensive. There is a place here in Palm City that I know and they would be willing I think but your horse would have a stall. They don't leave them out 24/7 and are doing night turnout right now because it's summer. Email or PM me and I can try to help you some more. My email is [email protected]

there is also www.flahorse.com find the feed stores or vets offices near you, they should be able to tell you somewhere you can call. Find a local show near you and go visit and if someone there has a horse you think looks good ask them if they board and ask where. Good Luck to you.

Karen

I'm a Floridian and have had big horses and ponies there for some 30 odd years.

Keeping horses in Florida is a subject that is deep in my heart.

You cannot find a pasture board because there isn't any......Pasture as you know it, does not exisit in Florida, because remember that Florida was once under the ocean, ergo: sand based and grass is sparce. If you find one blade, you have 20 horses that will fight over it. No grass = no grass. If you are seeing a place that appears has grass, take a closer look: it's in sand, not dirt and you and the horses can pull it right out of the ground by the roots. Unless you are in north Florida, you are stuck with no real grass to speak of. You are going to have to buy hay, and plenty of it. And don't forget the sand blast.

It is way too HOT and humid down there so most places that are worth anything will require a stall because of the weather. Lots of high rollars down there so they can get their price. Finding a place with a run in may not be that easy but keep digging. The full board pricing is sky high mostly because the price of hay down there is outrageous. I'll put my thinking cap on also and if I think of something I'll pm you or check back here later.

go to

www.horsepony.com

This is probably your best bet besides calling around to the vets and feed stores.

EDITED TO ADD:

Found these but you gotta watch out for those Pasos........they'll mow you down

that's Paso country (giggles)

European Sport Horses

4990 Volunteer Rd, Southwest Ranches, FL 33330 - (954) 680-3770

Directions

Tortora E Stabl

21001 NW 27th Ave, Miami Gardens, FL 33056 - (305) 624-3668

Directions

Horse Butler The

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 - (954) 584-1661

Directions

Ronnie Guerfin Stables

16648 Winners Cir, Delray Beach, FL 33446 - (561) 496-6505

Directions

High Point Stables

15040 Loxahatchee Rd, Pompano Beach, FL 33076 - (561) 470-1579

Website - Directions

Romance Farm

14550 Palm Beach Point BLV, Wellington, FL 33414 - (561) 753-0833

Directions

Pilgrim Farms

7563 State Road 7, Lake Worth, FL 33467 - (561) 433-8693

Directions

My Aunt was a horsey gal in Homestead from way back! She did a lot of the rodeos - trail rides and started doing endurance rides at 55 on her Arab (she is now 68 and still dong them
default_smile.png
). I used to go down (I was raised in Clearwater) to see her and to ride etc. She may still have connections in that area if you would like me to ask.

:saludando: Hi,

I lived in Davie Fla. for 35 years. In Cooper City there is a horse ranch on Griffin Road and directly across the canal from it on Orange Drive the is another ranch. The one on Orange Drive was hit pretty hard from the last hurricane, and they were letting board go fairly cheap for repairing or rebuilding the stall and paddock area...Good Luck, but be very careful who you board from. Check the place out good! There is also a place in Davie I believe it is on Viele Road off of Griffin Road. I know alot of the places are full because of Pegusus Ranch closing last year...Theresa

Latest posts

Back