need some advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegrandzapper

Reaction score
hi everyone, i hope your christmas's went well. i don't post much besides welcoming people to the forum, and commenting on all the beautiful mini's that everyone has. i've learned alot about caring for mini's from reading what other's have wrote so i know i'll find the advice that i need. i'm very new to the equine world, both large and small. on 12-23, my little guys pasture friend passed away. i know he is missing his pal alot,
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
, and need some advice on helping him thru his mourning. i tried putting him in the pasture that they shared, he stands by the spot that i found his friend, and will call for him. i share the pasture during irrigation time with my neighbor that raises cows, somehow he made his way into the pasture and seems somewhat happier that he is not alone. one thing i need to know if a goat or 2 would be good company for him till i save up money to get a buddy for him.

I am so sorry your boy has lost his friend.

If you have the facilities and not the cash, why not try a rescue???

im so sorry for your loss!! this happened to me some years ago and my stallion mourned for weeks and weeks for his buddy. LIke yours he would go stand in the spot she died in. It was just heartbreaking. I dont know where you live but cmhr does have several horses up for adoption right now. Let me know if i can help

I agree he needs a buddy. Why not look into fostering or adopting a rescue? By the way how is he doing? Have any recent pics of him?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your other horse.

Oh how heartbreaking!!! That would just kill me to see him do that. I think a rescue is an awesome idea!!

I know what you mean. Im going through the same thing now with my mini. He lost his pasture mate of 7 years a week ago. When you get something, make sure you know it will work. We tried goats... and that didnt go so well. Goats almost went squish under mini hooves.
default_wacko.png
: I was lucky enough that the goats were a loan untill another horse could be found.

Id say addoption would be a good idea because you get your guy a pasture mate, and youre also giving another horse a good home as well.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back