Need help naming new rescue mare!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kales

Reaction score
Hi there,

We are adopting a mare and I couldn't be more excited. She is coming around April 8th and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. She will join our other rescue Brady and our mare, Gracie.

Her name now in Honey, but we are looking to rename her as our neighbors dog who always comes over when we are outside is named Honey.

She is 18yrs old and has been passed around from home to home. I was thinking she need a cute old lady name or just something cute in general. So far we have come up with Bugsey, Josie, Thelma and Mable. Any ideas would be great!

Also what color would you say she is?

Thanks

These are pics of the lil darling at the rescue.

4884944-thumb.jpg

4884942-thumb.jpg

4884941-thumb.jpg

How about Hope? It is close enough to Honey that she might react to it and you are giving her HOPE for a bright future!?!

I think she looks silver bay!

Do you know geographically where's she's been? She reminds me of an older mare a friend of mine used to own... Her prefix was Martindale's and her barn name was Marty....

Congratulations on her to you, and to her on you
default_wub.png

She kinda looks like she has an arrow on her face. How about Arrow? For older lady names what about Midge, Olla, Beatirice, or Mimi? Good luck with her and I wish you many wonderful years together.

I like Bunny too so if she's been called Honey for awhile she won't know you changed her name. And she looks silver bay to me too.

I read your post yesterday, but didn't respond at the time, no ideas at the time. This morning when I turned on the computer, the name, Ivy, came to me. It sounds like a cute old lady name to me.

Ahhh I like them all and now have too many to choose from lol!

I love the name "Bunny"-that way it's not too far off "Honey". Not silver bay-chestnut with sabino. The sabino gives the grayish color in her mane and tail

You mentioned a cute old lady name: How about "Grammie"? We used to have a wonderful Welsh mare that was name Graham Cracker that we call "Gram" and "Grammie"; similair coat color.

Awesome awesome names!!

However I have decided to go with the name 'Beezie' after my favorite show jumper Beezie Madden.

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!
default_smile.png

I also like Hope. Are you sure she is only 18? Her face looks very aged to me.....

Yep, her papers say she will be 18 this spring.

She has been passed around from home to home and from what we know with little to so so care. Think stress and not great care could be the reason for all the grey hair on her face?

Latest posts

Back