Need A Trainer. Or Do I? Help Please.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPea

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Im new to the mini horse world and need help finding a trainer. I would like to find a trainer that can teach me how to teach my mare. I would like her to set up for showing properly ect. Or is this something I can do myself? I have tought and trained big horses to ride ect. Just not for minis or halter. I know the basic "rules" but thats about it. Any advice? Or know where I can find a trainer or mini horse person in the north TX area.

Thanks,

Cami
default_biggrin.png

I only know of Carin Ponder in TX, her handle is txminipinto here on the forum. But there might be others.

default_saludando.gif
Hello Cami,

Learning how to set up your horse is something that you can learn to do yourself. I would suggest getting with someone close to you that has been showing for awhile, whether it be trainer or not, just to get some good pointers. Not sure where you live, but if I was closer, I would be willing to help you out. (I am not a trainer, but I do train my own.) You can PM me if you want and I will try to get you in touch with someone closer. Good luck and hope to see you at the shows!

Carin is definately someone I would contact!!

Peggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the plug!
default_wub.png
Must be doing something right if people are recommending me publically!
default_aktion033.gif

Cami,

Welcome to the world of minis! I would love to help you but I think we're too far apart for lessons or that sort of thing. I have a good friend in Quitman, TX, which is much closer to your neck of the woods, Leah Johnson. If you want, I can forward her contact info.

Depends on where you are in North Texas but Sheri Lykken, Shortview Miniatures, might be a good possibility. She is in Whitesboro. I have her e-mail and phone number if you want to e-mail me at [email protected]

There are a number of good trainers in your area Cami. When we started showing our mini's after about 18 years of just raising and breeding them we used several trainers and are glad we did. We met a lot of people that we would not have and learned a lot about the politics, methods and other important stuff in a very short period of time. So if you can afford it I would definitly suggest you do so. If you want to PM me I will be glad to referr you to several in your area if you want. Good luck it is a lot of fun.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back