Need a name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo

Reaction score
I just bought a new gelding yesterday. He is four years old, pretty well started, gentle and sweet. He is a litte thin, but we're working on that. Basically I needed help with a name for him. His registered name is Smokeless Dip so I really wanted to go with some kind of chewing tobacco
default_rolleyes.gif
: (yeah I know I'm weird). My brother came up with Bandit, like Skoal Bandit the chew, but I have a friend with a horse named Bandit so I'd rather find something else. Come on now you all are creative, there has to be some other cool name that has to do with chewing tobacco :bgrin . Here's some pictures of the horse just so you can see what we're naming.

Banditeating.jpg

Banditinbarn.jpg

hi stranger :saludando: how have you been?

hes lovley
default_wub.png
:

over in Ireland we have a tobacco called CONDOR.....

or what about HAMLET?

OR PIPER {smoke} LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone you're doing great. I thought of Skoal, just wasn't sure. As for the others they are definately new to me, I haven't heard of any of them. I'm not sure yet, but you all are doing good. Just like always
default_yes.gif
:

Shane, I've been good. Busy but good, how about yourself?

Gutka

Gutka is a tobacco product manufactured and used mainly in India. It contains sweeteners, food coloring and paan flavorings . It is used by constantly chewing without swallowing the juices and then spitting the juices out once the mouth is full of the liquid. This results in the walls of most public buildings to be covered in red stains called pichkari, especially in areas where males from lower income levels congregate.

something I found on google that sounded interesting.

Not sure of the spelling but there's one my ex used called copenhagen.

I googled some chew brand names...I'm not a Tabackie kinda guy but there are some good names.
default_wink.png
:

Copenhagen

Apple Jack

Durango

Cougar

Silver Creek

Grizzly

Oliver Twist

Hawken

Rooster

Renagades

Redwood

Timberwolf

Lucky Strike

Longhorn

Kayak

He's a CUTIE!!!! I'd go with a western name.....He looks like a Maverick or Colt. (I can't think of any other chaw names. Hey...hows about "Choctaw". I like the native american names.....ok I'll go now..... :saludando:

Thanks for the good ideas, as well as the nice comments everyone, you're coming up with some wonderful ideas. I'm going to have to do some thinking (and find out a little more about is personality) and then I'll pick something. It's a good thing I have you all because I'm not too creative
default_rolleyes.gif
:

He is gorgeous....I kept quiet because you wanted a tobacco name but he is a "Caesar" at least to me.

[SIZE=14pt]Ashton
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Winston
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Chesterfield (Chester)
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Benson
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Salem
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Kent
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Kool
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

well Kera? how about COWBOY! as i know you have a good conection with them lol :lol:

im doing great, fancys in foal, and ive got twinkle driving, ive been buzy
default_yes.gif
: and so have you but the looks of it lol

hes a gorgeous horse, what size is he? and age .and what do you plan to do with him? come on spill :bgrin

Oh Debs will we EVER get the same name??

I still think anything we call a horse is just a translation so maybe....it gets lost in translation??

He said his name was William but I guess you would not want to go with that??

You have to be careful- are you absolutely SURE he is four because he looks like a two year old to me and they have the same "mouths"- either way he has one heck of a lot of growing to do- I am guessing as much as a full hand, so treat him with care (I know you will anyway but keep that in mind)

Latest posts

Back