Neck Sashs for your Miniature

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I make these for my minis and was thinking I could hopefully I can sell them to help funds for our Mini Morphin Orphans. Each one is handmade so no two are alike. What do you think? Do you think there is a market for them and how much should I charge?

My pics 011.JPG

My pics 049.JPG

My pics 059.JPG

Welcome to the forums!
default_yes.gif
Your neck sashes are beautiful and I love the matching halter adornments. I'm no help on pricing, just wanted to say they are beautiful.

LOVE THEM.

Be sure to let me know when you decide on pricing. I've been wanting to make them for my guys but haven't a clue how. It would be so much easier to just buy one. LOL

At the very least, you need to double or triple your materials costs for figuring price. Or, figure out what your time is worth, and charge by the hour plus your material costs.

They are lovely.

Those are really fun! I would figure out what they cost in material (average) then add in your time then times that by 2.2. So if it cost you $5 to make plus took 30 min (at $10 an hour) you would do:

$5 (material) + $5 (time) x 2.2 (markup) =$22

This is kind of the "standard" formula for crafters in my area. I belong to a fiber guild and a quilting guild and this is what most of the women who sell their items do. Just a thought and maybe a place to start
default_smile.png
Can't wait to hear what you decide, these are too fun to pass up!

edit for note: Figure your time cost at whatever wage you feel is correct for you, I just used $10 per hour as an easy example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back