Neat breeding tool that is easy to make...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Well i guess i cannot really claim the title "genius" from this little invention..but i wanted to share as it may make somebody else breeding season go smoother..

First off let me say, i hate vet wrap...it is such a pain to fool with and i normally vet wrap the top of the mares tails when we breed them, like i said...i hate fooling with vet wrap and have been going through it like crazy now that we are breeding the mares. So i got to thinking (
default_hypocrite.gif
) and took an old sock (my mom had bought me a pair of those hideous toe socks years ago that were in my drawer collecting dust... found a use for them! Yeah!!) so i cut the end off around the toes and made a nice little breeding aid that you can easily slip on over the mares tail and is just the right length. The elastic at the top helps keep it in place too.

Easy to slip on ... easy to slip off ....

2Sock.jpg

1Sock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Leanna - I have used sock for years - don't they work great?
default_yes.gif

But to keep them from slipping you can put one layer of vet wrap or electrical tape around the top to hold them still....

Good idea...l've always saved my nylon knee highs that have runs with the toe cut of over the winter and use them for breeding in spring and chuck them after each use. For me it's a tighter fit and they don't roll down as much as cotton socks and no laundry...
default_biggrin.png

This is such a great idea. I guess I just don't think out of the box. My husband is always getting holes in his toob socks and now I will be saving them for breeding. I do like the idea of only using them once though. Thanks for the idea, Vicki

Latest posts

Back