National Area VI Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shandoaharabmini

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know how the National Area VI Show turn out? Were there alot of entries? How late did the show end on each day? I would love to here any type of info on the show and see photos. Who was the photographer?

Thanks,

Shandoaharabmini

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there. The show ran smoothly and was finished early every day. I think the latest was Saturday, maybe 8:30pm or so? I didn't have hunter/jumper so I didn't really keep tabs.

There were about 190 head, maybe more. It was 50/50 I think ASPC to AMHR numbers.

I know I was in the winners circle for every single class I was in, so I had a good show. I took 7 ponies (one showed double ASPC/ASPR) so really the work of 8 ponies winning.

The youth classes were great, nice numbers. The amateur classes for ponies were light, so not so great. The open classes were pretty full.

Photos - there was a photographer there and I really didn't have time to take photos.

IMO, it was a good show. Lots of really nice horses; fair and consistent judging; good youth participation, beautiful facility, nice weather, etc...all went well (IMO of course.) We were done around 8PM friday and saturday--which gave us all time to visit and have some fun--and we were tearing down by about 3:30 on Sunday. Though all of our show staff were great, it was a real pleasure to have Mark and Sharon Bullington do the announcing and gate work. Absolutely fantastic and if the opportunity arises, we will certainly try and sign them up for our future MMHC related or sponsored shows.

The photographer was Timothy Johnson out of Circle Pines, MN. You could view all the photos on large screens at your leisure and (again, IMO) his candid ring shots are fantastic. He has a website.

BTW, I will put a plug in for our regular MMHC AMHR/AMHA/Futurity Club show happening July 23-25th at the same facility--Minnesota Equistrian Center--in Winona MN. Its about 2 miles off of I90 in south eastern MN, so its easy to get to. We have three judges for each show which is being run by Merry Wicke. See our club website for additional details (www.mmhc.info)

Mary

The show was well attended. I always see more minis than shetlands. Since I now have both, it's a bit weird to have some many classes with only 1 or 2 horses in them (that's the only way I've ever seen Shetland classes). IMO this show was much better attended than the area IV in Illinois. Of course this facility is WAY better but I don't know if that's a factor or not. I didn't get any actualy numbers but it looked like about the same number of stalls filled as last year and yet the classes seemed small [Except for that ever popular Under-Country Pleasure Driving....Holy Cow!19-20 horses].

We enjoyed ourselves and as long as I can keep the ole bod' moving we'll be back next year!

I have his card in front of me. The address is www.timothyjohnsonphotography.com. I had a good time at the show too and really appreciate the fair and consistant judging!
I too have his card but this link doesn't seem to have any thing about the shows he shoots. Am I missing something or has he just not put the show up yet? He did say give him a week.

Hi everyone! Thank you for the info. I was unable to attend this show do to my job. Last year I taken the 4th of July weekend off to attend the MMHC club show so this year I moved to the bottom of the list for being able to take this holiday off from work again. Hopfully, there wont be a show on this holiday again next year, otherwise I probable wont be able to attend it either.

I too was having many problems trying to find the show photographs. MANY THANKS to MUFFNTUF for posting the direct link to the Photographers' mini show photos.

Have a great day,

Shandoaharabmini

The shows usually stay on the same weekends as a general rule, just an fyi.

Latest posts

Back