Amount of land per horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angela

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Angela and I'm fairly new on this forum. I love reading each thread and everyone's comments. I've been a miniature owner for 2yrs and love them so much!
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. Is there an actual law on how much land a horse/miniature should be on or is it just a suggestion? I also have a large pony and they all get along really good! I have 3 miniatures and the pony on a little more than an acre. They have other areas where they get out to eat grass. They all get a lot of attention and are really happy! I need to know if it depends on the horses on how much land they have. Thank you for any helpful information anyone may have!

There are zoning regulations, not usually laws. You have to call whoever is in charge of that in your area. Our township has a zoning officer and our rules say you must have 5 acres to have any livestock, but you could have as many as you want. 5 miles up the road you need 1.5 acre per animal.

Latest posts

Back