My new wooden cart is finished!! Photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Reaction score
Well Pam from a Silver Penny Farm deserves a medal for patience and dedication to customer service.

I could not have asked for a better experience with her, she was easy to communicate with and nothing was too much trouble for her to organise.

My cart is enroute to LA where it will then ship to Sydney, Aust.

My husband is a timberworker so he was never happy with my getting a mainly metal cart and when our importer relented and agreed to freight timber for us, there was no question as to what we would get. Customs may still be a pain, but I am hoping whoever checks my package is having a 'good day' and lets it straight into my country.

It is not on Pam's site, but the Amish who built it, I feel disappointed for Pam as I genuinely believe without her excellent customer service, my cart would not have come together from the ideas that I had (changing slat length etc etc etc). I will be sure to take loads of pics when it is here for her to use on her site.

Okay enough ramble, now for pics

Here it is

http://www.sunrisepo...5deluxe_Big.jpg

The brass rein rail and hubs are not pictured for the purpose of the listing, but the cart actually does have them.

I am one VERY happy woman.

default_thumbup.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You already know what I think!!! It is gorgeous... especially to those of us that like wood. I can't wait to see pics of you actually driving it!

Congratulations, it's a very fine-looking cart! I hope you'll love it just as much when you get it. =^)

Leia

I am sure I will, I just have to wait now. My boy is built like a powerful tank and is a willing fella, can't see him having any trouble with it.
default_xbud.gif

Siiigh, patience is not my strongest point that is for sure, now to wait wait wait wait...

Thanks Peggy
default_smile.png

The suspense is all a bit too much for me now, I have been so patient but now am positively beside myself with excitement, can't wait for it to arrive. Hopefully within the next month
default_new_multi.gif

Sail faster darn ship!!!!

Thanks Peggy
default_smile.png

The suspense is all a bit too much for me now, I have been so patient but now am positively beside myself with excitement, can't wait for it to arrive. Hopefully within the next month
default_new_multi.gif

Sail faster darn ship!!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
It's ALWAYS slower when you are waiting for a delivery.. You will have to post a picture when you get it put together..

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
It's ALWAYS slower when you are waiting for a delivery.. You will have to post a picture when you get it put together..
SO true. I have managed to keep my patience so far, but it is all over for me now.

I keep looking at photos of it, obsessing over it and trying to imagine where on the high seas it is - goodness, I have even imagined swash-buckling pirates taking it as their bounty
default_wink.png

So long as pirates don't take it when it is enroute to me all should be good.

My current cart as NO suspension at all so I am sure this my new cart will feel like driving on clouds lined with marshmellows in comparison ;)

ooo do you have pictures? Love drooling over cart pics and well, I still have some time to fill in waiting for mine
default_whistling.gif
_Texas_Independence_parade_5_standalone_prod_affiliate_58.jpg

Sunman parade2.jpg

Hard to see from these angles, but other than the seat they sure look alike!!

I have taken this cart EVERYWHERE: parades, pony rides, cross country, trail rides. Super comfy and perfectly balanced. It just doesn't travel well, as it won't "nest" with the EE and Jerald carts on the truck. But I still love it!

Thanks for the replies everyone, you are keeping me occupied while I wait for its arriva. Patience is not a strong point of mine ;)

Hard to see from these angles, but other than the seat they sure look alike!!

I have taken this cart EVERYWHERE: parades, pony rides, cross country, trail rides. Super comfy and perfectly balanced. It just doesn't travel well, as it won't "nest" with the EE and Jerald carts on the truck. But I still love it!
Awesome! yes, they are absolutely alike! How big is your horse? Thanks for sharing the pics.

SO true. I have managed to keep my patience so far, but it is all over for me now.

I keep looking at photos of it, obsessing over it and trying to imagine where on the high seas it is - goodness, I have even imagined swash-buckling pirates taking it as their bounty
default_wink.png
I can see it now.." MINI CART HELD FOR RANSOM BY PIRATES " News at 11:00.
default_new_rofl.gif

I can see it now.." MINI CART HELD FOR RANSOM BY PIRATES " News at 11:00.
default_new_rofl.gif
They will have peg-legs and parrots and spill rum on it for sure...gahhhhhhh.

Thanks Peggy, you gave me a giggle. DH just emailed the importer about something else but asked after my cart for me while he was at it, awaiting a response, hopefully the answer is 'Sydney', rather than 'Pirate Cove'.

Hey, nice new profile pic btw

I tell you, I can't wait to try it, having no suspension at all in my current cart hurts my back and jolts the shafts.

My only regret with my new wooden cart is that I didn't upgrade the suspension for durability and for my chunky-ish butt. I didn't even think of it at the time, but most people seem to find the standard suspension works out okay so I am sure it will feel like floating on clouds wrapped in marshmellows in comparison to my current 'ride'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back