My NEW Maas Filly is home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
THANKS to Russ and Don Maas for getting my new filly up north. She is AWESOME, sorry I don't have a camera to get pics but that is on my list next.For now you will have to be satisfied with my description without a pic. She's a fancy marked sorrel pinto, with white socks....a high stepping trot and neck to catch your eye.Her daddy and mom sure made a nice correct cross.
default_yes.gif
: A plump healthy gal right now.....just what we need going in to a Iowa winter.

Quite a few forum people got to see her in MN ....was great to meet everyone!

THANKS also to Robby and Marcia Barth for getting her home the rest of the way to Iowa. She is settled in nicely and doing good.

Russ Maas bred and raised R.M. Painted Rose.....really like the stock she came out of, sire and dam are excellent....excited about her future in the showring. I am honored to own this filly, when Maas's believe in ya it makes....you feel like your entering a whole new level(it's a neat feeling)......it is a hard act to follow as their family's miniatures carry a rich time lasting successful tradition in the show world and in farms all over but I will try my best to do her justice and bring out her potential.
default_wub.png
:

Russ has been great helping me out with all my questions, I appreciate it alot and glad to call him a friend. Don has been right there too, always honest and ready to help me out. Can't say thanks enough.....

A little neat trivia....R.M. prefix is also part of my initials in my name and this filly was born in the same month as my birthday March and this is my second mare named Rose and my name is Russ and so is the seller....kinda cool how after buying you see all that stuff.

Lastly I owe a THANKS to ALL the D.M. Family, if your reading this......and I hope you all do. I respect your family's tradition and commitment to the miniature industry and of course you as good people. Billie and Don you should be proud ...you have a great family......if there would happen to be a single daughter hiding out in a back pasture that I haven't met...let me know
default_wink.png
: ..... I would be glad to meet her. :bgrin

Have a great convention and wish you all the BEST. the other Russ from IOWA :saludando:

, when Maas's believe in ya it makes....you feel like your entering a whole new level(it's a neat feeling)......it is a hard act to follow as their family's miniatures carry a rich time lasting successful tradition in the show world and in farms all over but I will try my best to do her justice and bring out her potential.

Congrats on your new filly how exciting I cant wait to see pics although we may have to wait till Santa brings you a camera??? Santa brought me one last year
default_smile.png

And I fully agree with that statement.(that I quoted above). not only did they make our dreams come true and were very helpful and pretty funny but the fact they entrusted Dancer to us sure makes me feel good.

Although there is lots of pressure there to not disappoint them
default_yes.gif
: And Raven is so excited to have her OWN D.M horse she still has a HUGE list of names for Fetus

how exciting it is for us to own a horse(s) from the 2005 Breeder of the Year!!!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations, Russ!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Glad you got your new little filly home safely. Think she will thrive in Iowa, and look forward to spring. And I guess you're going to infect her with "Showing Fever", too!

Best wishes, the joy that these little critters bring is immeasurable.

Does that mean I will be seeing more of you showing next year? Maybe make it up to MN for some shows? And hopefully your not to nervous and dont pee your pants again :bgrin

:aktion033: Congratulations, Russ!

Would love to see pictures when you can. I have to live vicariously through you all buying new horses, etc. b/c I just can't do it right now...though I want to...so badly....I will content myself instead with planning dates for my mare(s) next year.

Liz

I bet you feel like Christmas came early, having your little filly at home now. I also got to see her at Minnesota and she looks very healthy and furry. She has had very good care and will fit in Iowa very nicely. She is very attractive and with Russ's ambition she should be a big contender in the yearling classes in the midwest next year. (Just a word of warning to others! Myself included!) Enjoy her and may you have many years of fun with her and your other Rose! Lavonne

WOO HOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, i cant wait for photos :aktion033:

I've gotten a gander at Russ' new horse, and it is spectacular. Then again, I have yet to see a Maas horse that hasn't impressed me. Three of the luckiest people on this forum are Russ and the mother-daughter tandem of Lisa and Raven from Ruff-N-Tuff; they are proud owners of a D.M. horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russ sure has a very nice filly. We saw her again over the weekend and she just keeps looking better and better. Can't wait until Spring to see her and Russ in the show ring.

Yay!!! I am happy she's there and happy you are so thrilled with her. That is how it should be for sure
default_smile.png

Have you decided what to call her as a barn name, now that you got to Roses in your life?

And, the thing with the initials and the birthday month, I think we really do think a lot alike. I always look for those kinds of coincidences to let me know things are meant to be
default_yes.gif
:

Can't wait to see pictures of your new little lady!

. Two of the luckiest people on this forum are Russ and Lisa from Ruff-N-Tuff; they each are proud owners of a D.M. horse.
I totally agree and you can add Raven to the list as well - ok in a few months anyway. Dancers foal (she was bred to D.M. Starbuck Sonny) is according to Raven (keep in mind she is 9) is going to be the start of her OWN breeding program. She is hoping for a colt and future herd sire but of course will be happy with a filly as well.
default_smile.png
she is already telling her teacher that in the spring she will have to stay home from school for a couple of days when Dancer gets close so she can be here in case her fetus needs her LOL

My apologies to Raven. This is what my post should have said from the very beginning ...

Three of the luckiest people on this forum are Russ and the mother-daughter tandem of Lisa and Raven from Ruff-N-Tuff; they are proud owners of a D.M. horse.
... and now it does say that.

I was one of the lucky ones who got to see Russ' new little girl yesterday. Russ even made Russ take her out of the trailer and trot her around. She has an awesome trot!

Congratulations again Russ and it was great fun getting to visit with you again!

Congrats. Glad you got her home. HOw is it that we bought ours both around the same time and I am still yet to see mine? OH just a few more weeks. :no:

Congrats Russ! That's wonderful! :aktion033:

I can't wait to see a photo of your new girl! Whooo hoooo!

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" Russ on R.M. Painted Rose!!

She sounds like a beautiful filly and I just know she has gone to a great home!!

You are such of a kind and neat person and those 2 Roses are mighty lucky to have you for their owner!!

My apologies to Raven. This is what my post should have said from the very beginning ...

Three of the luckiest people on this forum are Russ and the mother-daughter tandem of Lisa and Raven from Ruff-N-Tuff; they are proud owners of a D.M. horse.
... and now it does say that.
Hee hee she will LOVE that and now we are in the great company of Russ as well :aktion033:

THANKS

Thank You everyone for all your kinds words. Wow, you said some nice things about me too. I'm embarrassed.

Really happy with my filly
default_wub.png
: , she has been so mellow and just curious about things. She hasn't stressed a bit....and I am glad. Her attitude is good as her appetite and I like to see a horse with a good mind and hungry appetite.....

She just looks so nice, I promise one day I will get a camera and get some pics up of her.

Russ Maas was kind to clip her head/neck and legs.....wanted to thank him again. She really looks mature for 7 months. I am looking forward to show season. :aktion033:

Ashley...ha ha on the yo pee yo pants story.....that was water I tell ya.I was a victum of high WATER pressure and a crabby mare......the story of my life. :lol:

You wait, Winona has wicked wash stall water pressure. YOU will find out next show.
default_wink.png
:

Good to see all the forum members and friends up in Mini--sota and thanks for posting on my new filly.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Um Russ did you forget I washed all of Tibbs and Clayburys horses? I didnt get wet at all!

Its ok, you can fess up to it.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I too got to see Russ's new little girl and a proud daddy he is......he brought her out of the trailer and let us see her fancey trot
default_yes.gif
: Lewella was that you that went out to the trailer when Russ took me out there to show me Rose???

Well I know the the Rose's will have a wonderful home with Russ.........
default_wink.png
: .......Carrie

Back