My New Home in Florida!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a big beach person anyway. I would be just as happy swimming in a lake but I am REALLY afraid of alligators! We live only 30 minutes from the ocean here in NJ but we never go anyway. I would rather not have to deal with hurricanes so I'll stay in-land.
default_yes.gif
Ocala is beautiful horse country and I can't think of a better place to be!
Before I moved here I was like you about the alligators. I have been here for 7 months and have yet to see an alligator! lol Not to say you won't, but I wouldn't stress about it.
default_wink.png

I agree about the Ocala area...
default_yes.gif

I will be officially moving the last week of March. Very excited! Let me know of any miniature horse clubs or driving clubs you belong to, I can't wait to get involved!

Awesome! I don't officially belong to any of the Mini clubs down here, but do support their shows!
default_yes.gif
There will be a show in Summerfield in April (which is pretty close to you). There are also people up there that trail drive (they are forum members, but not sure if they post much anymore).

April will probably be to soon. I will still be settling in. I am thinking about joining the Florida Whips, it is a driving club, not just for minis. I also have a driving horse so this is ok. Please let me know of any other shows you hear about.

Leeapachemoon

You might want to call Bob Rutledge with Candyland miniatures there in Ocala they have a club and they also have a show in May in Marianna Fl. Bobs Club is one of the best. This club is doing the area3 show this year in Tn. Also if you are looking for other clubs in Area 3 you have the Dixieland's miniature horse club out of the Carolina's then you also have the East Coast Miniature Horse Club out of NC. I think all of these clubs are great and we are always looking for new members in our clubs.

Also you have a show in June in Ocala which should not be too far for you. You also have to of the best trainers there in Ocala

Bob Rutledge OF Candyland Miniatures I will look his # up for you and send in a pm for you on the club.

Gayle and Richard Ray of Silver Meadows Training Center they are one of the best for driving and halter the same goes for Bob Rutledge..

Hope you can make to some shows this show season. Look forward to meeting you and your horses. If you have any questions for a steward send me a pm and my husband will call you and answer them for you he does just about all the east coast shows. Look forward to meeting you

Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
The Orange Blossom Miniature Horse Club will be having the show in April at the Conders in Summerfield. In June they will also be putting on what sounds to be a large A/R show in Ocala. There are lots of mini horse people in the Ocala area. There also is the SW Fl MHC which has shows in March, May & October in Sarasota. Bob puts on 2-3 shows a year. We had one last month in Sarasota and Just for Miniatures will have one in May in Mariana.

Looking forward to you getting here.

Barbie

Congrats and best wishes on your new endeavor. I wish I was leaving NJ!! The new place looks nice!
default_aktion033.gif

PS I "know" you from the njhorse forum
default_saludando.gif

Leeapachemoon

You might want to call Bob Rutledge with Candyland miniatures there in Ocala they have a club and they also have a show in May in Marianna Fl. Bobs Club is one of the best. This club is doing the area3 show this year in Tn. Also if you are looking for other clubs in Area 3 you have the Dixieland's miniature horse club out of the Carolina's then you also have the East Coast Miniature Horse Club out of NC. I think all of these clubs are great and we are always looking for new members in our clubs.

Also you have a show in June in Ocala which should not be too far for you. You also have to of the best trainers there in Ocala

Bob Rutledge OF Candyland Miniatures I will look his # up for you and send in a pm for you on the club.

Gayle and Richard Ray of Silver Meadows Training Center they are one of the best for driving and halter the same goes for Bob Rutledge..

Hope you can make to some shows this show season. Look forward to meeting you and your horses. If you have any questions for a steward send me a pm and my husband will call you and answer them for you he does just about all the east coast shows. Look forward to meeting you

Diane
Thank you so much for this great information. The problem I have with AMHR shows (I only have AMHR minis) is that I don't know what driving classes to go in. I only drive with a meadowbrook type cart and I have only done 4-H and ADS shows. So when I look in 'The Journal' at the show pictures I get so confused because it looks nothing like what I've been doing. Maybe if I join a club I can get a better understanding of what they do at the breed shows. If you can find his number please send it to me. Thanks again.

The Orange Blossom Miniature Horse Club will be having the show in April at the Conders in Summerfield. In June they will also be putting on what sounds to be a large A/R show in Ocala. There are lots of mini horse people in the Ocala area. There also is the SW Fl MHC which has shows in March, May & October in Sarasota. Bob puts on 2-3 shows a year. We had one last month in Sarasota and Just for Miniatures will have one in May in Mariana.

Looking forward to you getting here.

Barbie

I can't wait to get there either!
default_smile.png

Congrats and best wishes on your new endeavor. I wish I was leaving NJ!! The new place looks nice!
default_aktion033.gif

PS I "know" you from the njhorse forum
default_saludando.gif

Thank You.

Are you 3bays on NJ-horse? I like this forum so much more!!
default_yes.gif
There are alot more driving people!

I am jerseypacer from njhorse but I rarely post there anymore.
default_saludando.gif
Hi! Glad you found this wonderful forum!

The one thing I'm going to miss about NJ will be Harness racing. I have heard there are a few training centers but no race tracks. I'm really going to miss the summer nights at the Meadowlands!

Im not sure about the harness racing situation in FL but I do know that there is a very active SPHO club down there!

Hi! Glad you found this wonderful forum!

The one thing I'm going to miss about NJ will be Harness racing. I have heard there are a few training centers but no race tracks. I'm really going to miss the summer nights at the Meadowlands!

Im not sure about the harness racing situation in FL but I do know that there is a very active SPHO club down there!

OMG!!! That would be awesome! I agreed to take Shelly's Standardbred and I would love to do some shows with her. She is a lovely driving horse.

Yes, definately look into SPHOFL. Some of the members even come up here to NJ for the National Show every year.Good luck and enjoy!
default_yes.gif

OMG!!! That would be awesome! I agreed to take Shelly's Standardbred and I would love to do some shows with her. She is a lovely driving horse.

The Giraffe is Killing me! I didn't know you could just... *have a giraffe*

I mean... really? Cause that's pretty freaking awesome!

Seriously.

"Oh that, that's just my pet giraffe. He just, ya know, chills out, and does giraffe things."

Also, welcome to FL!

I am way south of you in Palm Beach- hope you enjoy it!

The Giraffe is Killing me! I didn't know you could just... *have a giraffe*

I mean... really? Cause that's pretty freaking awesome!

Seriously.

"Oh that, that's just my pet giraffe. He just, ya know, chills out, and does giraffe things."

Also, welcome to FL!

I am way south of you in Palm Beach- hope you enjoy it!
They train exotic animals for movies and such. lol

He trained the zebra for the movie 'Racing Stripes'

2 more weeks til we move in!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it!

We have a home in Ormand Beach, Florida, that I inherited. It's right on the ocean, but I don't get down there very often. I looked up Citra on Mapquest, and you are only 90 minutes away from our place. We have friends that live in Ocala!

Back