My New Home in Florida!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that giraffe lived next to us we would breed it to some of our minis. Then maybe we could get some of those looooooong necks we see in some of the ads in the breed magazines. LOL

On a serious note there is harness racing weekly in Dade City, Fl. I believe both minis and ponies can participate.

We live about 1 1/2-2 hours south of Citra in Brooksville.

Our club, Orange Blossom Miniature Horse Club, is based in Ocala and has three shows yearly.

Please feel free to contact me about upcoming shows and events. Our June 17-19 show for AMHA/AMHR/ASPC and will also include show ponies.

Welcome to the "Sunshine State".

Gary

If that giraffe lived next to us we would breed it to some of our minis. Then maybe we could get some of those looooooong necks we see in some of the ads in the breed magazines. LOL

On a serious note there is harness racing weekly in Dade City, Fl. I believe both minis and ponies can participate.

We live about 1 1/2-2 hours south of Citra in Brooksville.

Our club, Orange Blossom Miniature Horse Club, is based in Ocala and has three shows yearly.

Please feel free to contact me about upcoming shows and events. Our June 17-19 show for AMHA/AMHR/ASPC and will also include show ponies.

Welcome to the "Sunshine State".

Gary
I already have contacted you. Ruth already e-mailed me about the up coming shows. Thank you.

Let us know when you get there,woohoo
default_saludando.gif

I should say Welcome to Florida, though I am not there yet. I am looking in the Northern area around Jacksonville. It is where most of my family is now and I am sooooooooo tired of all the cold weather. At least when someone wants to see a Mini in the winter i do not have to show them a picture of the most hairiest of beasts. For some reason they do not sell when they are so hairy.
default_biggrin.png

Riverdance...I thought the same thing as you about the winter hair, but this being my 1st winter here in Florida...I guess I was wrong! They still grow quite a winter coat! And Jacksonville is "north", so they will for sure grow a winter coat there! Kind of funny that they would, but it does get cold at night, so they keep themselves warm at night and sweat during the day...
default_wacko.png

Leeapachemoon...let us know when you get here! Safe trip!

I just realized you are moving right in the middle of all of the storms here! Hope you arrived safely and everything is OK there at your new place!

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. I didn't have internet service for a few days. But.....

I am finally here!!!!
default_saludando.gif

My Horses will be here on Sunday/Monday so I am very excited.

Hooray and congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

May I be the first to wish you loads of happiness in your new home. Hope the horses arrive safely - when you get unpacked and a bit more settled, dont forget we love pictures!

Anna

Congrats!! Did you hit any of the storms we had earlier last week??

Glad you are there safe and sound...hope all goes well with the horse transport, too!!
default_yes.gif

You should come say Hi at the show in Summerfield next weekend...we'll be there on Saturday.
default_saludando.gif

Thanks for the well wishes.

We missed the storms because we got held up in GA, long story, but it was rainy when we got here.

I went to the little horse show they have in Sparr today. I will go there to do Halter and Showmanship with my minis just because it's so close to my home. I will try to get to the show in Summerfield on Saturday just to watch and check things out.

My horses left NJ this morning and should be here tomorrow. So excited! I will take lots of pictures when they get here.

Finally pics of my horses in their new homes. Can't wait to meet some of you this weekend at the mini show.

005.JPG

008.JPG

100_4389.JPG

100_4394.JPG

Love the pictures - they all look well settled and very happy in their new beautiful surroundings. So glad they made the journey without incident and arrived safely - bet you were thrilled to see them again!

Enjoy your visit to the show this weekend.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Glad horses made the trip safely...they look like they are happy at their new home!
default_yes.gif

We may not make it to the show this weekend...still hoping we will, but since we decided not to show (I sold our trailer...lol
default_wacko.png
), a friend of ours is having a Bday party, so may go to that instead. If we go, it will be on Saturday I think. If you go, ask Abby (the lady who owns the farm) if Linda is there.
default_yes.gif

Your new place looks very nice. Was all the fencing, etc there when you moved in or did you have to build accomodations yourself? Your ponies are cute!!!
default_yes.gif

Your new place looks very nice. Was all the fencing, etc there when you moved in or did you have to build accomodations yourself? Your ponies are cute!!!
default_yes.gif

We put up 2 new paddocks but the 3rd paddock was there and the property border was fenced as well.

Latest posts

Back