My New Home in Florida!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeapachemoon

Reaction score
We just got back from a week in Ocala FL, looking at properties. We found a home in Citra, FL. We are so excited and will be down there by May! Here are some pictures.

181778_1841178957566_1483332928_1930143_5431801_n.jpg

180687_1841185957741_1483332928_1930173_2479735_n.jpg

And this is my new nieghbor! She lives behind the new house.

183255_1841182357651_1483332928_1930153_4222376_n.jpg

I'm so jealous! hubby and I were just talking about relocating down to that area as they have shows year round. Only problem is we would need to hit the lottery to relocate. I love your new neighbor she is too cool! Have fun redecorating your new home. Good Luck on your move.
default_drool5.gif
default_luck.gif

Oh wow l'd give just about anything to have your neighbor beside me..lucky lucky and they spit real good..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Good luck to you....I'm sure you won't be missing the winter snows we've been getting here.

Thanks everyone! We are very excited and scared. I am definitely looking forward to all the shows!

Very cool! and I love your new neighbor. I'm a huge giraffe fan. I don't know if it's the angle of the photo... but that leg to fence ratio looks like he/she could just walk over that fence.

Kim

Looking forward to meeting you. Since you're moving down here in May, you'll be here for what looks to be a big "R" & "A" show weekend in Ocala. There will be a show down here in Sarasota in May.

Welcome!!!

Barbie

Very cool! and I love your new neighbor. I'm a huge giraffe fan. I don't know if it's the angle of the photo... but that leg to fence ratio looks like he/she could just walk over that fence.

Kim
You are correct. The interior fence was only 4-5' so she could walk around the whole farm but there is a fence around the farm that is 8-10' so she can't leave the property.

Looking forward to meeting you. Since you're moving down here in May, you'll be here for what looks to be a big "R" & "A" show weekend in Ocala. There will be a show down here in Sarasota in May.

Welcome!!!

Barbie

I would be happy to met some new horse friends. The realtor is a horse person so at least I feel like I know somebody down there. Too bad I will miss the Chester Weber, Live Oaks show. I hear it is amazing to watch!

Congrats! Your neighbor is the coolest ever! Do they have other exotic animals?

I could use a couple months in Florida, I'm sick of snow and cold.

Congrats! Your neighbor is the coolest ever! Do they have other exotic animals?

I could use a couple months in Florida, I'm sick of snow and cold.

They also have camel and zebra. No big cats! I was a little afraid that they might. They trained the zebra for the movie 'Racing Stripes'.

Not only a home in Florida that's "mini friendly" but a giraffe over the fence, too! How cool is that?

We own a home in Ormand Beach, FL, on the ocean, but I usually go down there by myself and have friends come or meet me because my husband refuses to fly. And it actually works out OK because then I don't have to hire someone to take care of the horses, as he does it!

Not only a home in Florida that's "mini friendly" but a giraffe over the fence, too! How cool is that?

We own a home in Ormand Beach, FL, on the ocean, but I usually go down there by myself and have friends come or meet me because my husband refuses to fly. And it actually works out OK because then I don't have to hire someone to take care of the horses, as he does it!

I was told that is the closest beach to us but it is still a hour and a half away.
default_sad.png

Yep, if you live inland, there are no beaches close by...lol I had to come to terms with this when I first moved here (I live about a half hour from the closest beach) 7 mo. ago. I guess the good thing is, when it is hurricane season your chances of getting hit (other than by rain/some wind) drops a lot!
default_yes.gif

Yep, if you live inland, there are no beaches close by...lol I had to come to terms with this when I first moved here (I live about a half hour from the closest beach) 7 mo. ago. I guess the good thing is, when it is hurricane season your chances of getting hit (other than by rain/some wind) drops a lot!
default_yes.gif
We got direct hits by 3 hurricanes in one month years ago

default_yes.gif

I'm not a big beach person anyway. I would be just as happy swimming in a lake but I am REALLY afraid of alligators! We live only 30 minutes from the ocean here in NJ but we never go anyway. I would rather not have to deal with hurricanes so I'll stay in-land.
default_yes.gif
Ocala is beautiful horse country and I can't think of a better place to be!

Latest posts

Back