My little dachshund Babs needs prayers tonight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
My little red and white dachshund Babs had 5 puppies two days ago. This morning she had a 104 fever and the puppies had all lost weight. We took her in and she has a bad uterine infection and pre eclampsia, She is on iv antibiotics and calcium.Please pray for her and her 5 babies 4 girls and a boy. This visit is costing more than we counld even get from selling the babies. the early estimate is 1400. it could go higher.... Im glad i have a care credit card for vet emergencies!

As of 930 all 5 puppies were still doing well and Babs fever had come down. Hopefully she can come home tomorrow.

Tbanks for listening.

Lyn

good luck with your little girl and her babies Lyn. I know it can be stressful breeding dogs and those unexpected vet bills can be out of site. I will pray for you, Babs, and the puppies. God bless you! Keep us updated.

Josh

Sending prayers your way
default_pray.gif
: That your little girl and her pups make a full recovery!!

I hope she'll be alright. Keep us posted when you can and I hope the little ones also do fine.

Liz

I hope that Babs and all her pups will be home with you soon... sending out white light and warm fuzzies...
default_yes.gif
:

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way that all your little ones come home healthy and happy.

I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts......

That is my biggest fear with Moxie right now....something like this happening during birth and after the fact.....

Keep us posted!!!

~kathryn

default_pray.gif
: Babs and her puppies are doing alright.

I know what you are feeling being a breeder...

Babs is still in the hospital. She was diagnosed with toxemia a uterine ifection and hypocalcemia. She is getting antibiotics and calcium by infusion. Her temp is down and the puppies are all still nursing and acting normal. Im hoping that her red and white count are back to normal tonight so we can go get her. My kitchen is really quiet without her!

Thank you all for your prayers for her. I really appreciated them.

Lyn

default_yes.gif
: Thank God she's getting better and the babies are still doing fine. All are in my prayers as well as a miracle to take care of the bill.

God bless,

Joan

Just caught up with this post Lyn and want to send my prayers your way..where's that winning Lottery ticket when we need it! I had a Dachsund for 17 years and still miss her. All the best ,

Maxine

we just brpight Babs and the babies home... good thing we did! The babies all have lost almost a whole oz! I am so mad I could spit. every time I called to check they assured me that they were nursing, and mewing like normal helthy puppies!!!!! The were crying because they were humgry!!!! IF I had left them any longer the two smallest would probably be dead. The went from 6 oz at birth to 4.6 today. I had them on a gaining trend with the bottle feeding before they went to the clinic yesterday noon..... How can they charge so blasted much money and not make sure the puppies were supllimented. I even TOLD them I was bottle feeding them extra. Should I call and complain or just write it on my survey? I am just livid!!!!

Lyn

Lyn, I'm just getting caught up with LB after being gone for a few days, and I'm so sorry to read Babs and her babies have had a rough start. Saying some prayers for her and the wee ones.

I'm happy your got them home and can get them back on track. How staffed is the vetrinary hospital? I would personally not expect a vet to bottle feed my puppies. My family has spent 10's of 1,000's in these places, so I feel for you and know they are expensive. But, they're also worth it when they save your pets' lives.

I hope Babs will be fine now! I'm shocked they didn't say anything about the puppies, I would be mad too! If they would not feed them extra, they could have called you and let you come feed the puppies yourself.

I'm sending prayers for your girl and the puppies Lyn!

im so sorry about what you are going through! I would call and complain! That is just not right. Why on earth would they let the puppies go hungry while in their care? Not only is it dangerous it borders on cruel. Especially being a vet clinic they know how fast you can lose a puppy that isnt being fed. If they couldnt care for the pups they should have told you upfront.

Back