my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Charlene,

I haven't been on the forum in several weeks, so I did not see this until just now. Please know that I am thinking of you and Gary and sending prayers your way, and of course thinking and praying for the rest of your family and Gary's family as well as the strength and courage that you all need right now must be tremendous. Many ((((Hugs))))

Hi Charlene
default_saludando.gif

I was away all day...and you know what was driving me nuts?? I couldn't check in here to see your updates!!!!!! I have been thinking about you, Gary and his mother all day.....

Those pictures are just awesome!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
Thank you for sharing them with us.

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

Charlene you are truly an amazing woman! Just from your posts here I can tell the special bond that you and Gary share. You, Gary, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

The pictures of Gary are great! He looks like such a sweet man and a joy to be around.

Thank you Reble for the collage idea!

Gary.jpg

Charlene, we should get a picture of his mother to add?
default_new_shocked.gif

Oh Charlene will love it, what a great job you do at cutting out. Just cannot get the hang of that...

Thanks for sharing, Charlene. I want you to know that your story has truly made a difference in my everyday life. You have reminded me how precious life is and that every day is a gift. Each morning when I wake up, I remember to give thanks for all that I have in my life and when I go down to the barn to feed, I am grinning ear to ear, so happy to see my horses.
default_biggrin.png
Before I go to sleep, I do the same.

I think of you, Gary and his Mom often throughout the day. My prayers and best wishes continue to be with you all.

ohhh ferin! it's BEAUTIFUL!!! i can't wait to print these out and show them to gary's mom and the rest of his family! and oh my yes, gary is as sweet as they come! what a total joy he has been to me!!!

i just came up here to e-mail some pictures to a friend who is doing a DVD for gary's services. i can't stay...i believe we are getting very near the end. we are no longer able to wake gary but i know he is comfortable and in no pain. i'm not sure when i will be able to come back but i will just as soon as i can. i just have a "feeling" that it won't be long. i think all day today gary has been in and out of a transitional stage.

i will, of course, update you all as soon as i can. thank you again, the collages are just wonderful and i can see the love that has gone into each and every one of them! xoxoxo love & hugs to you ALL!! charlene
default_smile.png

oh and yes, i will definitely post a picture of nana just as soon as i can!

Reading your last post gave me the inspiration to create this collage.

GaryNCharlene.jpg

We're thinking of you, Gary, and your family and you all will continue to be in our prayers.

Ferin, that is really really nice!!!!!
default_wub.png

Charlene, yes, we are here whenever you get a chance to pop in.....we're all thinking of you and hurting with you.....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

Charlene please remember.....if you ever need a shoulder to lean on.....there are plenty of them here. I pray your day is a good one!

Great job Ferin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene, (((hugs)))nothing to say, but please know we are thinking and praying for you, Gary and family. If you ever need me I'm here. Through out all your posts all we can feel is the extreme love you and Gary shared. That itself is a very special gift to treasure. Please take care of yourself thru this difficult time. Corinne

ferin, thank you! i don't know what else to say, i am so touched by everybody's caring. i intend to print out each and every one of these collages and share them with gary's family.

i called the hospice nurse to come this morning. i sat up all night and just watched gary breathe. he is totally unresponsive now and rarely opens his eyes more than a tiny bit. he is feverish. however, the signs of imminent death are not yet present, there is no mottling, his heart is still strong, his blood pressure is good and he is breathing comfortably. i do not believe he is in any pain, i think his brain has finally shut down the pain thing so i have not had to give him any meds this morning. he is not swallowing. if he appears to struggle, i will put some drops of morphine in his cheek.

i truly expected him to complete this journey last night or early this morning. we have told him repeatedly that it is okay for him to go. the nurse told him again this morning that i and nana and the rest of the family will be okay and that when he feels he must go, he can do so without worry.

watching gary linger has been pure torture. i only hope and pray it will be soon. i have asked God for mercy, as we all have over the past couple of days.

i do not think i will be around home much, only to do chores when necessary. so, i will check in when i can so i can let you all know where we are. my heart is just breaking, this is the man i had hoped to grow old with and sit in rocking chairs on the porch. i have not yet brought gary's recliner back home. the thought of walking in here and seeing it empty is just more than i can stand. i'm not sure i will ever be able to bring it home.

thank you all for thinking of us, i can't even imagine what i would do with my forum family right now, i will update you when i can. xoxoxo charlene

Charlene, I join all the others in holding you and Gary up in prayer. God be with you, and grant you the mercy you need.

Latest posts

Back