My heart is so Broken. My mare abort this morning.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_no.gif
I am so sorry someone on this forum could be such a jerk & email something nasty to you...sometimes you have to take THOSE type of people with a grain of salt...I always figure ...what goes around comes around...and they may very well end up having the same thing happen to them.

default_no.gif
I am so sorry someone on this forum could be such a jerk & email something nasty to you...sometimes you have to take THOSE type of people with a grain of salt...I always figure ...what goes around comes around...and they may very well end up having the same thing happen to them.

I agree, it's too bad that some people can be so heartless, but a lot of times they end up experiencing much the same thing. I don't know why some people take such pleasure in hurting others...
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry for your loss, the filly truly was beautiful. I thought "mummified twin" when I saw your pics too, and if that were the case then there was NOTHING anyone could have done to stop what happened. You are not to blame, stuff happens. Those of us that breed have to take the bad with the good, even though it is absolutely heart-wrenching at times.
default_sad.png
I had two mares abort this year, the one was a late-term like yours and terrifying. But my mares are ok, and I try to take comfort from the live foals we did get. Your grief is natural and you need to allow yourself to go through the grieving process. Again, I'm so sorry...

I am SO sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby. I'm also sorry that someone made hurtful comments to you. Just keep in mind, they are in the minority. Where else could you get as much wonderful support over a loss like you've had other than LB? There are so many people in everday life that wouldn't understand, but there are lots and lots of folks here who "get" what you are going through and feel your pain.

Thanks everyone for your nice words. I am giving, so I will forgive the person who email me.

Thanks again you all are great. I love this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mellisa no one should have ANY negative comment. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback, much harder to be in someone else' shoes. We thought long and hard before putting our live cams up for all to critic us for just this reason. How easy it is to have 20/20 hindsight.

In our experience when you lost your foals (last year AND this year) is EXACTLY when minis abort.

Around 250 days seems to be a critical area for them. We have three horses on Regumate this year in an attempt to get a live foal after they lost their last ones.

Regumate does not always work either.

The breeding of animals is certainly not for the faint of heart. No one I know does it for the money. You have to have the passion and true grit to do it. But even then, losses take their personal toll.

Focus on the live horses. They will help heal you.

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
My heart is so broken this morning. Our last mare who was due aug 21 abort a nice Tovero blue eyed filly(one of my dream filly)The sad part is I just sold her sire last week, because we were planning on keeping his fillies. The sire had two fillies and one colt this year. It is so heart breaking. The mare is so upset the vet said to leave the filly with her until tonight.The vet is on his way. I have a question about the after birth stuff?When I first took the filly the mare was very very upset. This mare had a nice overo filly last year for the previous owners. She has had 4 foals with no problems. Last year she had her filly a month early. So we were watching her close.Any ideals of how to help the mare and me over come this heart breaking news.

She was a filly to die for.We loved her markings. Now I want get that again that stud is gone.We do everything we are suppose to for our minis. We have had five healthy foals this year. We give them their shots and everthing. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN. We even had our hay check.

We have raise horses for 6 yrs now. This is the first year to have mares abort. We had one of our maiden mares abort at 3 mos. We had the last three mares abort around 7 mos or so(all those mares came from the same farm very nice folks)The vet has check each mare and foal no problems found.I am so sick to my stomach about lossing sure pretty foals. Some days I want to give up on
default_crybaby.gif
I have had so much going on in my life lately the horses were my esape from everything.After lossing this fine filly I don't know how much more I can handle.It would be different if we didn't care for our minis like our children. We care for the minis better then our children sometimes.
default_biggrin.png
The minis are sure a joy. I am just so heart broken don't know where to turn.I am crying so hard it is hard to type. thanks everyone for listing to me.

DSC08083-3.jpg
She the tovero look.What color do you think she was. Her dam is perlino/cremello and sire bay pinto

DSC08078-2.jpg

DSC08081-3.jpg

DSC08076-2.jpg
what is this on there?

DSC08076-1.jpg
what is this I found beside the foal?

default_no.gif
Don't be sad. I love our minis too VERY MUCH!! We have lost fillies this year and last year. I know it's hard to do, but try to forget. I keep seeing my dead filly over and over. I try to block it out of my mind and pay attention to the other ones that I have to care for. I also, want to quit and give up when we loose one. But it will get better. I blamed myself for not watching closer...etc. Time and God will heal the hurt. Especially when you have another healthy one to care for and love. Lioness

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
My heart is so broken this morning. Our last mare who was due aug 21 abort a nice Tovero blue eyed filly(one of my dream filly)The sad part is I just sold her sire last week, because we were planning on keeping his fillies. The sire had two fillies and one colt this year. It is so heart breaking. The mare is so upset the vet said to leave the filly with her until tonight.The vet is on his way. I have a question about the after birth stuff?When I first took the filly the mare was very very upset. This mare had a nice overo filly last year for the previous owners. She has had 4 foals with no problems. Last year she had her filly a month early. So we were watching her close.Any ideals of how to help the mare and me over come this heart breaking news.

She was a filly to die for.We loved her markings. Now I want get that again that stud is gone.We do everything we are suppose to for our minis. We have had five healthy foals this year. We give them their shots and everthing. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN. We even had our hay check.

We have raise horses for 6 yrs now. This is the first year to have mares abort. We had one of our maiden mares abort at 3 mos. We had the last three mares abort around 7 mos or so(all those mares came from the same farm very nice folks)The vet has check each mare and foal no problems found.I am so sick to my stomach about lossing sure pretty foals. Some days I want to give up on
default_crybaby.gif
I have had so much going on in my life lately the horses were my esape from everything.After lossing this fine filly I don't know how much more I can handle.It would be different if we didn't care for our minis like our children. We care for the minis better then our children sometimes.
default_biggrin.png
The minis are sure a joy. I am just so heart broken don't know where to turn.I am crying so hard it is hard to type. thanks everyone for listing to me.

DSC08083-3.jpg
She the tovero look.What color do you think she was. Her dam is perlino/cremello and sire bay pinto

DSC08078-2.jpg

DSC08081-3.jpg

DSC08076-2.jpg
what is this on there?

DSC08076-1.jpg
what is this I found beside the foal?

default_no.gif
default_wub.png

I love our minis very much too. We have lost a few ourselves. We lost a beautiful black and white filly this March. It was perfect. I don't know why we lost her. I also want to give up at times when these things happen, but I try to forget and take care of the ones that I do have. I blame myself and my husband says that it's not our fault. I cry and then try to forget but I keep seeing the filly in my mind over and over. I try to block it out by looking at the beautiful ones that we already have and keep watching for the ones coming. It's hard I know to forget. God and time will heal the hurt.

Lioness

I am so sorry for your loss. It's so hard when you look so forward to something and it ends in bitter disappointment and despair. You just gotta keep going because your human family and equine family needs you. The only thing that makes it easier is time. I've had my own losses in the past and you never forget them, but the pain does subside. My prayers are with you and your family.

Melissa,

I am so sorry that this happened to you
default_no.gif
Please don't beat yourself up over this it happens to the best of us and there is not a thing that we can do about it. However I am worried when you said this mare had a foal a month early last year, I had one that did this a month earlier every year she aborted, so she would have needed to be put on regumate because her hormone levels were dropping, maybe you can have your vet take a blood test to check her levels, its what I would do.

Again I'm so sorry you lost your dream filly. I wish for better things for you in the future.
default_yes.gif

Jessica

Latest posts

Back