MY FIRST REGISTERED MINI!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know what i just realized ..if she is pregnant for rouphly 11 month ...she will be foaling the week of the fair in 06 ..on no, looks like no show for her next year unless i could take her & her foal

Do you guys take your foal with you to shows if your showing the mare?

Leeana

It would be really, really hard (near to impossible) to show a mare with a foal at her side and be competetive unless it was in a broodmare class. Plus, it would scare me to risk exposing the foal to all the things that can happen at shows, including getting sick and particularly a fair where there will be non-horse people in abundance.

I'm sorry, you now have me completely confused. You have always represented your horses as registered- AMHA/AMHR registered. This is what it says on your website. When did you have Rocky gelded???

No, I would not put Coco out with a new mare that is supposed to be in foal, but then there are a lot of things I would not do, including breeding a registered mare to an unregistered colt.

Sorry Rizz ..i just corrected my site. I am so sorry for the mis understanding, Rocky was supose to be in the gelding section and i put him in the stallion section.

I had the Registry's with them because i printed off all the papers for them when i made my site and was planning on sending them in but still have no gotten around to sending them in. Thats what there going to be registered as only because i want to do some showing with them next year. Sammy, Lexus and Angel are currently registered. Just have to get around to Hardshipping the other guys.

LoveCoco said:
Sorry Rizz ..i just corrected my site.  I am so sorry for the mis understanding, Rocky was supose to be in the gelding section and i put him in the stallion section.
I had the Registry's with them because i printed off all the papers for them when i made my site and was planning on sending them in but still have no gotten around to sending them in.  Thats what there going to be registered as only because i want to do some showing with them next year.  Sammy, Lexus and Angel are currently registered.  Just have to get around to Hardshipping the other guys.

507901[/snapback]

You do realize how much money hardshipping is, right? If you were to register Rocky, Coco, and Striker that will be about $1,800 for all if my pricing is right. I agree with Rabbitsfizz that I would not breed a registered mare with an unregistered colt.

I also agree with Nicole. I wouldn't show her next year. I know my mare would flip out if I were to show her. When we breed Chantilly in two or three years I am retiring her from the showring.

She is very cute!
wub.gif
I'm glad she got a good home.
aktion033.gif

I am caught between saying, "do not waste your breath, this is yet another something that is NOT going to happen" and pointing out that, were you to attempt to register any of your stock, which I very much doubt you will, they have to be under 34", you have then to register them with AMHA and then to register them with AMHR. Why not just pay the extra money and buy a decent, registered animal in the first place??

I'm sorry Leeanna but I have just about lost patience with all this.

You actually mean to tell me you bought a mare at auction and had her foal RIPPED OFF HER AND LEFT IT THERE???????

These are the pathetic little beasts that end up with CMHR and you actually claim to love horses and you did that to a foal??????

And before you tell us your Father would not pay the extra- I would not have bought the mare then, I would have left her there, and I would have made quite sure the people selling her knew what I thought of them.

How much extra would the poor little creature have been, anyway?????

Shame on you.

I was at the sale as well. The foal that was with her was not hers and had been weaned. This mare was a bit underweight but definately not nursing. I talked to the owners for quite a while as they had several other minis there as well. Again the foal was not hers, had already been weaned for some time. I personally am glad someone got her who will love and care for her. She is registered and regardless Just because a horse does not have papers doesn't mean it should be tossed aside!

Thank you for giving this mare a kind and loving home!

stormy are we all talkign about the same mare?? Leeana didnt buy the mare that we were looking at. The mare pictured does not at all look underweight but I didnt see her in person

It was Leanna , at the beginning of this post, who said the mare had a nursing foal that was taken off at the sale and they did not buy it!!

It was Leanna , at the beginning of this post, who said the mare had a nursing foal that was taken off at the sale and they did not buy it
unless Leanna changed her post, she didn't say the foal was nursing, she just said the foal was there with the mare at the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she is a lovely mare, and congratulations, on your new addition. I know how exciting it is to get something new, and wish you the best with your new foal in the spring.

Rabbitfizz,

Please don't take this personally BUT I really think that you should block Leanna's posts from your viewing on the forum. I can't see how any of this is helping the child to learn. And you're only running up your blood pressure with the stress.

GEEZ...... let the poor girl alone. She has a beautiful new little mare that she's wanting to show off, and she's still getting reprimanded. Quit picking her posts apart and just be happy for her. I'm halfway scared to post pictures/stories on here, for fear that I'll get ripped apart.

Oh..by the way...flame me away for what I said, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The foal was weaned ..no where did i say it was nursing, the thing was 8 month old for gods sake! They were tied by each other, but not still together. I did say that it was hard for me to separate them because i knew that she would never see her foal agian.

Like i said, the onyl reason i want to get some of them registered is because i want to get into some showing because Coco could do well and Rocky. I've seen a whole lot more beautiful unregistered mini's then registered mini's. I didnt know the cost was that high so im just going to look into getting Stiker and Coco registered when i save up the money for it. Im hoping to send the papers in sometime this winter so we can do some more showing next summer.

So no, that 'pathetic little beast' is not going to end up at CMHR. You sound like quit the little horse lover yourself there, calling a poor little inocent foal a 'pathetic little beast' because it came from an auction and im sorry but, in my own opinion if you are a true horse lover papers dont matter nor where you get the horse.

All my mini's are under 34' by the way! Joey is the only one and he is 40' but will probaly not being getting registered because there are not any ASPC show around here really.

Today she was running in the pasture and picking grass. She was even playing with the dog! Pics on other thread
biggrin.gif

Leeana

tuffsmom said:
GEEZ...... let the poor girl alone. She has a beautiful new little mare that she's wanting to show off, and she's still getting reprimanded. Quit picking her posts apart and just be happy for her. I'm halfway scared to post pictures/stories on here, for fear that I'll get ripped apart.
Oh..by the way...flame me away for what I said, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it!

508467[/snapback]

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Rabbitfizz,Please don't take this personally BUT I really think that you should block Leanna's posts from your viewing on the forum. I can't see how any of this is helping the child to learn. And you're only running up your blood pressure with the stress.

Boy, I'm glad someone has the same opinion I do. Jane is a great person and very experienced when it comes to minis, but I agree. I know Jane as well as some others feel their advice falls on "deaf ears" when they post w/Leanna, so don't post anymore. I get the impression some feel that Leanna does not take good care of her horse and that she is immature. I don't think anyone can dare make that impression w/o going to her farm and seeing for themselves or meeting her. And I don't think anyone should talk about her father the way they do. I've seen some posts and have bit my tongue because I didn't want to get flamed. I've seen some posts to Leanna that have been very hurtful and mean. When giving advice, I think the person will listen to it more when that person is not getting attacked. I don't know Leanna but I think she does value everyone's opinion on this board (even their advice) or she wouldn't keep coming back...I know I wouldn't of.

By the way Leanna, Congrats on your new mini...she is a cutie!

Latest posts

Back