MY FIRST REGISTERED MINI!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
As i make it pretty clear, a pedagree means pretty much nothing to me ...but i do get joy out of telling someone a registered name and all the horses 'family'. I got her Friday in Shipshewanna Indiana (3 hour drive ...
wacko.gif
). I had been looking for a mare to breed to my stud for a while but wanted one that was registered since our stud isnt. Plus i wanted her registered so i could so some showing with her, other then open shows. Well we finially found one that had the what we wanted. We were looking for a solid colored mare with as little white as possible (our stud is mostly white, 85% white) so i wanted a sorrel, chestnut, bay or something like that around 6 or 8 maybe 9 years old that had a foal before and could be shown.

Well we found this little girl.

NAME: *****J-K's LITTLE ANGEL*****

BARN NAME: Angel ...
biggrin.gif
suprise suprise

She is 7 years old (born on my b-day ...10 years after me)

AMHR/WCMHR

32.5in

Sorrl with Flaxen mane&tail (no white markings)

(sire)TIMBER RIDGES CHEROKEE SPLASH

(dam)PRYERS LITTLE JEWELL

She had her foal with her there, it was a bay. Very pretty little foal, i hated to separte them. She is trained to set up (and does so very nicely, i was playing around some with her today for about ...3 hours
biggrin.gif
). She placed 1st at the fair and was at the Indiana State Fair and Placed 3rd. Both halter classes

She is also in foal to 4DS BUDDY L. She was with him from August 1,2005 through November 15, 2005 so i dont have an axact day for what she should foal, were going to have the vet out sometime next week to check her out and hopefully give us a date. So we will breed her to out stud around the end of 2006.

Well here she is ..my first mini mare/registered mini. Took the pic about a hour ago ...yes i do realize she is a big overweight.

Isnt she a beauty ...

100_9757.jpg

Hind Shot ...gotta have EVERY angle!

100_9763.jpg

Head shot ..she has a baby face which was what i first noticed about her and i fall for blue eyes and baby faces, they always get me. She doesnt have blue eyes but there big and pretty!

100_9759.jpg

..and as you can see i love her to death *HUG*

100_9767.jpg

Leeana

Last edited by a moderator:
She is pretty. Since I just went through this with my mare I feel I can ask the question: Did they give you a stallion servicing certificate? (See Kay, I am learning!) I did not get mine nor did I know I needed one till Kay stepped in.

Fran

im REALLY hoping that you did get a stallion certificate!!! the stallion certificate should list the days the mare was bred

congrats leeana

also meant to say if she just had a foal weaned and she is bred back she is not overweight. I would not put her on a diet!

kay

Last edited:
Yep, i got my stud service slip. Its the little 1/2 peice of computer paper right? Thats how i knew the stud and the dates she was with him and all the numbers and all that stuff.

She is really pretty in the summer. There is a picture of her in her summer coat on her papers ...very sleek and shiny. Her halter was on just a bit tight so she has imprints in her hair, loosened the halter up a couple holes ..that ticks me off.

I got some other papers to for signing over the registration papers and all that stuff and she filled out her part. Im a bit confused actually because its different then QH and Arabian papers sort of. She filled out these transfer papers from the internet and printed them out ..i've never done it this way before.

Leeana

[SIZE=14pt]Leeana, Do you realize that if you breed her to your unregistered stallion that the baby will not be registerable? Nice you did get a registered mare.Hope you can get her foal registered as well. Bred to your stallion she wont have registered babies.[/SIZE]

Also just to say that the amount of white that the parent has doesnt determine how much white the foals get. Just breeding a mostly white horse to a solid isnt going to give you less white necessarily or any white at all. It is all a toss up. I bred two pintos together and got a solid and two solids and got a pinto, the parents were both carriers of the pinto spots and had leg and face white but no body white. Baby was over belly splash.

Lyn

Nevermind.

She is a very cute little girl!

She sure is cute, should be a good cross with your stallion. I really don't think she is overweight either for a mare that is in foal and had a foal recently weaned from her. Looks like she is loved already
wub.gif

nooo diet for her, i just have them all eating healthy. I did have coco on a diet but then heard that them being a bit heavy in the winter helps put on muscle in the spring so i just kept the amounts the same and made them more healthy.

Were getting our stallion registered with WCMHR sometime next spring. This is why we wanted a registered mare because he will be registered in a couple month.

leeana

[SIZE=14pt]Baby then will only be world class registered. As long as you understand that its ok. As far as carrying fat thru winter helping with muscle in the spring thats not really right. It does help them tho to have more to work with in the spring but its body fat not muscle. Fat doesnt become muscle. She is one of my favorite colors too by the way.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks Lyn ....i found that out yesterday. We were going to hardship him a couple weeks ago but we thought that if the mare was registered that the foal could be. The lady told us yesterday, but that didnt stop us. Most stallions around her are registered so if we in a couple years want to breed her to something different then striker we have our options open.

Were not planning on breeding her non stop. Just whenever we feel like having another mini around. Were keeping all her children exept for one which we are giving to my nephew tanner (my brothers little boy) who just adores coco and they only have big horses and he wont buy him a mini (we all know that story as to why not, we all heard it before) so he said if we want to give him one when its a yearling that we could so they could grow up together.

Mini's are 340 days to right????

Leeana

the foal shes bred with now IS REGISTRABLE WITH AMHR.

what lyn meant is when you breed her to your stallion the foal WILL NOT be registrable with AMHR

ohhhhh okay

My bad Lyn, im sorry i got it now.

Buddy (the one she is in foal with currently) is amhr and wcmhr (like her). Striker will only be wcmhr ....okay. Sorry .....
unsure.gif
. I understand now
rolleyes.gif

Leeana

[SIZE=14pt]Also remember that you shouldnt keep her out with the stallion and geldings.... I think at one point you were going to put the minis all together. I think she would be safer especially if she is in foal with maybe just coco if you can do that.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Yes, we do keep Coco and Rocky together (they have the big stall) because you cannot seperate them or you will hear it all night, there best buds
yes.gif
. Our stud and Joey (because he is about 10' bigger then coco and rocky) are kept in stalls by themselves. We have 1 more stall left, thats where she is kept. I didnt want to risk her getting kicked in her stomach. I put her out in the pasture by herself today some but i might let Coco out with her because i trust him. There herd animals and i just dont want to keep them alone. Rocky is to pushy so i am trying to keep them apart. And of course im not letting her near Striker or Joey.

Would she be okay out with Coco do you think? I dont know if her getting kicked now will affect her or if her jumping around with coco ...? You know how horses play ..
rolleyes.gif

lf you just got her yesterday which was Friday from an auction she should still be kept seperate in case she has anything that could spread. Not saying she does but it's a common practice around here to be safe rather then sorry.

LoveCoco said:
Mini's are 340 days to right????

Leeana

507219[/snapback]

My mares have never carried that long- I think the longest we had was 334 days. This year they were all under 320 days! But it's much warmer and brighter down here, and I think that does make a difference....

Lucy

All the little guys are going nuts over her. I had her out in the pony pasture and put the other boys out in the cow pasture (left our stud inside, i put him out to run after i put her back in her stall).

Coco and Rocky couldnt take there eyes of her!
wub.gif
. Joey just layed down and picked grass (or whats left of it). Coco is missing his lil mini stud days i think ....
rolleyes.gif

Leeana

She is just wonderful. I was leading her today and everytime we stopped she would stretch out and look all showy ....im starting to like this! I can get coco, joey and striker to square up, this mare is going to extra mile! I love her.

Oh yeah i PM'd you back just now _minihorse4ever_

Latest posts

Back