MY FIRST REGISTERED MINI!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cute mare Leanna, and I hope you enjoy her.

I hesitate in mentioning this, but Leanna DID change her post from the initial one where she stated that the foal was nursing, and is now arguing that she did not state that. Jane, you are NOT going crazy, she did say that.

Always seems that we having long and VERY interesting posts sometimes by the younger ones.

[SIZE=14pt]Just wanted to also mention that the 40 inch pony cant be registered aspc as there is no hardship for shetlands. He is just a grade pony. Hope all goes well for this mare and Leeana.[/SIZE]

Lyn

well i must say I am not sure why anyone here feels that they have a right to tell someone else what they can and can not breed not just this post but any.

Papers or not believe me there are plenty of "experts" whose horses I wouldnt put in a breeding shed and that said.. I am sure there are plenty that feel the same about my horses papers or not

Seems we cant have it both ways...

wanting someone to get these horses that were overbred or bred by those that are sure there program is miles above the rest and horses end up at auctions needing homes - we complain about that....as we should but

then we complain when someone goes and gets these horses and gives thema home

when this breed realizes minis are for more then breeding a grade horse will bring a good price.. they do in large horses cause they have JOB and do it well.

Anyway back ot the subject and yes i have been guilty of it myself sometimes but really .. talking down to someone all the time over and over as if we are the only ones that have any knowledge... well that sure isnt the way to get anyone to listen to your message

and trust me it takes more then knowing big words or copying from a book to make you an expert- I have seen people on here tell others how to train, feed and make breeding and conformation choices.. and have seen those horses, thin, trained for nothing sometimes not even leading, not having hands on and poor conformation... and expert or shall i say forget expert someones experience shows in more then just there words or how they choose to post or spell or

talk.

I am assuming Kay met her at this auction at least that is how it sounds and I trust that kay will build a relationship with her where she can go for help and advice without being pounded

We were all kids once and thought we knew it all heck some adults still think they know it all
wink.gif
if the youth are the future of our breed lets all (including myself) have some patience and treat them the way we would want to be treated.

And now... congrats on your new horse and be it weaned there or not (something that wasnt a choice you made but the BREEDERS or SELLERS) I am glad she has a nice new home keep in touch with Kay and let her help you out no shame in asking for advice or looking for new opinions the smartest people in horses (and in life) are those who are always looking to learn

Last edited:
Regardless of what any said or did, bashing someone is not going to solve any problems. If certain people "get to you", it's best just ignore their posts. Sometimes people just have to learn when it is best not to say anything at all
shutup.gif
, especially when it becomes counter productive. And nobody has the right to tell anyone what to do unless they ASK for opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
rabbitsfizz said:
You actually mean to tell me you bought a mare at auction and had her foal RIPPED  OFF HER AND LEFT IT THERE???????These are the pathetic little beasts that end up with CMHR and you actually claim to love horses and you did that to a foal??????

Shame on you.

508191[/snapback]

this is what I meant to quote before...

shouldnt the blame on how this horse was sold and how this horse was weaned be on the BREEDER not the buyer? is it not possible that both of these horses could have ended up in a feed lot somewhere?

Arent many people here saying they take there foals or mares to a unfamilar pasture or to a friends or either way wean them cold turkey? does that leave poor pathetic beasts all ending up at CMHR?

I do get the point rabbit dont get me wrong I do understand what you are trying to say however.. sometimes when the message is said in a way like this it is totally lost and what is focused on is the tact in which it was given.

Im editing this post because its just going to end badly!

It was very truthful though! But i have a conscience and it would just bother me, im also not that rude!

BUT for the record, the foal was weaned (7-8 month old!!!) and no where did i say nursing in my original post. I edited that post (#1) to correct spelling ...not take anything out. If you look at the time i edited that, it was before Fizz even posted!
biggrin.gif

Leeana

Last edited by a moderator:
Leanna... mini mares can foal even at 290 days... you will need to be watching for signs. Do NOT go on what a big horse schedule would be. Do your homework about minis foaling - and listen to all the advice...

yes.gif

Latest posts

Back