My First Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandi J.

Reaction score
Have been thinking & planning to get a mini for a long time (was trying to hold off until next summer) BUT the perfect little dude just happen to come into my life...I picked him up today...has been a rough day getting him settled in but hopefully tomorrow will be better...the gobbling turkey we have has him pretty worried...guess running into wild turkeys on the driving trail could be a disaster...lol...he is an experienced 12 year old driving boy...and so I'll be learning the finer points of driving with the help of a trainer...his registered name is Hollowtrees Easter Wishes...can already tell we're gonna have lots of fun adventures together...

Sandi

Wishes 1.jpg

Wishes 2.jpg

Nice boy. I have a special place in my heart for spots!

He is cute, how big is he?

He looks like a fun little guy,

You are on your way to a marvelous adventure.

Welcome to the mini world.

Where our little ones may be small,

But the have huge hearts, and large personalities.

default_smile.png

I'm glad my mini isn't afraid of chickens...there are several where she is boarded, and the rooster is always going off, even in their pasture and paddocks. We even hear wild turkeys off in the distance...wonder what she would do if she saw one of those? Knowing her, nothing...we haven't found anything she is afraid of yet.

he is supposed to be 37"...but he doesn't seem that tall to me...but then again, I have Gypsy Horses, so he seems pretty small...lol...I didn't care what color mini I got as long as it had good training and a good disposition...my husband said he didn't like Appys...ooops...but then last pm he said, wow, he sure is a nice looking horse...think Wishes nice disposition hooked him too!!!

I feel SO bad for him about the turkey...he seems like a really stoic horse but the strutting and sounds the turkey makes has got him REALLY worried...then when he trots about, the big horses get riled up and start acting aggressively (they lunge with teeth showing at the fence toward him)...they are obviously not housed together, but he wants to be close to them for comfort, so not sure how to keep everyone happy at the moment...I'm sure they will all settle in soon...but I am gonna move his corral further from the turkey so he can adjust at his own pace and not have "the monster" so close...

Sandi

I started out not preferring Pintos... oops.

See my avatar.

Of course your husband likes him!!! Nice boy.

What a beautiful boy and I'm sure you'll have a blast driving him.

Gypsies?? Nice.

Sounds like your solution to getting used to the turkey will work well.

Looking great and it sounds like you are off in the right direction! Have fun with him!!!

Back