My first mini horses are finally here :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebeq

Reaction score
Well, my babies have finally arrived! I am so excited! They are just too sweet and cute
default_smile.png

February2011276.jpg

February2011288.jpg

February2011303.jpg

February2011309.jpg

February2011311.jpg

More in next post
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
February2011328.jpg

February2011339.jpg

February2011343.jpg

February2011350.jpg

February2011360.jpg

And more again, lol
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
February2011364.jpg

February2011378.jpg

February2011395.jpg

February2011398.jpg

Black and white one is Batman...he is a 1.5-2 year old colt that needs to be gelded. The sorrel and white is a 5-6 year old mare...not sure if she is pregnant, but it is possible. I plan to have her checked when I have Batman gelded which will be soon
default_yes.gif

The sorrel and white one already looks a little large in the belly from the picture taken from behind. They sure are cute!

Very cute horses, Did you build a shelter for them yet? Looks like your mare could very well be pregnant. and you will a need a good place to foal her out.

Congratulations! You picked some pretty ones! Batman especially caught my eye, with his markings.

Sara & Batman look cute! Congrats on getting your minis home!

Can you get Sara checked to see if she's bred? Foaling out minis (at times) can be different than foaling out big horses.

Best of luck with your new venture!
default_aktion033.gif

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you must be very excited. BE WARNED you may not stop at 2. heheheeeeeeeeee

You are about to have so much fun
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

So cute! Congrats. Love that black and white but then I'm partial to that color combo.

Congrats they look real nice

anxious to see them without winter woolies
default_biggrin.png
Me too...I don't have a proper set of clippers though, so I will probably have to wait until they shed themselves
default_sad.png

I hope she's pregnant...if not, she soon will be!
default_new_shocked.gif
Love the snow photos.

Leia
While I realize that it would be best if she weren't pregnant, I can't help but have that glimmer of hope :D lol. Batman will be gelded as soon as possible, reguardless...

The sorrel and white one already looks a little large in the belly from the picture taken from behind. They sure are cute!
That is kind of how I felt.

Very cute horses, Did you build a shelter for them yet? Looks like your mare could very well be pregnant. and you will a need a good place to foal her out.
I have not built a shelter yet. I am still working on that. We still have a good bit of snow on the ground, so I am trying to wait for that to melt a way a bit before I get to building anything, but we WILL have something for them...no worries
default_smile.png

Congratulations! You picked some pretty ones! Batman especially caught my eye, with his markings.
I think Batman is very pretty. I LOVE that color scheme too
default_smile.png

Sara & Batman look cute! Congrats on getting your minis home!

Can you get Sara checked to see if she's bred? Foaling out minis (at times) can be different than foaling out big horses.

Best of luck with your new venture!
default_aktion033.gif
I am most likely going to have her checked when the vet is out to geld Batman. I will see. But, I had a feeling from the beginning that she maybe bred, so I have been researching like crazy. I have read up on red bag deliveries and repositioning the foal and all of that good stuff. I am fairly confident that I can handle it
default_smile.png
If she does turn out to be bred, I will also be letting my vet know (who lives a couple miles from me) and I will be bugging her for a number I can reach her at incase of an emergency. She is a great lady and I am sure she will have no problems with that
default_smile.png

Ww congrats there so pretty
Thanks!

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you must be very excited. BE WARNED you may not stop at 2. heheheeeeeeeeee

You are about to have so much fun
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I am worried about that, lol.

So cute! Congrats. Love that black and white but then I'm partial to that color combo.
Same here
default_wink.png

Okay, now onto something that I noticed a little bit ago. I was trying to feel for a bag on Sarah...aka Robin ;), and I couldn't get all the way to her nipples because she would kick at me, but I did feel right in front of them and it was a little swollen there. Like I said, she wouldn't let me get any further back, but would that indicate that she is pregnant?

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Love 'em!!!! Congrats!
wub.gif
aktion033.gif

I so want my next mini to be a true black and or black & white.

Thanks! I have not stopped smiling since they got here
default_smile.png
I am such a kid
default_biggrin.png

I had to take a deep breath- your Batman is about a carbon copy of my Widow Maker. We lost him Jun 2 yrs ago, and he left a big hole for one so small...

LastScan.jpg

HPIM0163.jpg

What an adorable pair! Your photos are lovely as is your scenery! The area in front of her bag does not necessarily mean that she is pregnant, some mares (especially overweight ones) will have a fat deposit there year round.

Yous Gots Spots! Congratulations, they are very pretty.

Latest posts

Back