I did it! My new minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beats32

Reaction score
FINALLY!! After owning and riding horses off and on for the last 15ish years, I finally found my perfect littles. Monty (black) and Shorty (chestnut). Monty is 16 and sometimes gets a little stiff in the stifle, so he'll be a total pasture pet. Shorty is a yearling and a hopeful future driving prospect. I'm so excited to get them home and to start this new endeavor with these boys.

Attachments

• Shorty.jpg
    Shorty.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 0
  • monty.jpg
    monty.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 0
Cutie little dudes! Congratulations! Are you experienced in driving @Beats32 ? I didn't get much guidance before I started driving but I was given a very experienced standard donkey to start me on my journey. I'm a lifetime rider and train most of my own animals so it was pretty natural to take the skills I learned from the experienced donkey and transfer them forward with horse training experience to my littles. It's a blast!
My suggestion, that you haven't asked for... is to take Shorty all over, loads of exposure. See if you can join a local driving club and participate in clinics and volunteer.
And if you're an experienced driver, that's even better! I know you're going to have a blast. 😁

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited! I know where they came from and was I interested in Monty (Minty???) but another closer prospect appeared!!! Yay! I think Monty is adorable, Shorty is pretty darn cute, too! You have made my day!

FINALLY!! After owning and riding horses off and on for the last 15ish years, I finally found my perfect littles. Monty (black) and Shorty (chestnut). Monty is 16 and sometimes gets a little stiff in the stifle, so he'll be a total pasture pet. Shorty is a yearling and a hopeful future driving prospect. I'm so excited to get them home and to start this new endeavor with these boys.
Just checking in to see how the new littles are working out, especially Monty 🤩

Latest posts

Back