Muslims boycut Denmark

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesper

Reaction score
Is in the news everyday and you hear threats of terrorbombs and other crazy stuff.

Overreacting if you ask me, but what do you hear in the states about this if anything?

Jesper

Not a word here! Please fill us in, Jesper.

MA

no I have heard nothing so tell us what is going on?

Bonnie

let me see:

Jyllands Posten (A danish newspaper)

This newspaper posted 12 pictures of Mohammed the Muslim prophet, this was taken as a personal insult by muslims, but they didn't react instantly and complain about it but a few months later the whole thing explodes because danish muslims travel to their orignal countries and complain about this happening and that is an insult to them and so on (apparently they can't do anything on their own and need help from everyone else)

205220_normal.jpg

Our prime Minister on the flag they burn.

So after it all escalated it seems 19 countries (think size of 19 states) boycuts danish goods and threathens Denmark (and Norway since they posted the same pictures laters) about terror bombs, and danish people in their countries aren't safe either.

Everyone know that Denmark has free speech and a free press, that is not the case in their countries where the state censors the press and chooses what they write about, they then think the same thing counts in Denmark (but it doesn't) so they want an appology from our prime minister, but he has nothing to do with posting those pictures, he of course has nothing to do with it and says that too and they just ignore it.

then the newspaper posted this yesterday:

Honourable Citizens of The Muslim World

Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten is a strong proponent of democracy and freedom of religion. The newspaper respects the right of any human being to practise his or her religion. Serious misunderstandings in respect of some drawings of the Prophet Mohammed have led to much anger and, lately, also boycott of Danish goods in Muslim countries.

Please allow me to correct these misunderstandings.

On 30 September last year, Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten published 12 different cartoonists' idea of what the Prophet Mohammed might have looked like. The initiative was taken as part of an ongoing public debate on freedom of expression, a freedom much cherished in Denmark.

In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize.

Since then a number of offensive drawings have circulated in The Middle East which have never been published in Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten and which we would never have published, had they been offered to us. We would have refused to publish them on the grounds that they violated our ethical code.

Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten attaches importance to upholding the highest ethical standards based upon the respect of our fundamental values. It is so much more deplorable, therefore, that these drawings were presented as if they had anything to do with Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten.

Maybe because of culturally based misunderstandings, the initiative to publish the 12 drawings has been interpreted as a campaign against Muslims in Denmark and the rest of the world.

I must categorically dismiss such an interpretation. Because of the very fact that we are strong proponents of the freedom of religion and because we respect the right of any human being to practise his or her religion, offending anybody on the grounds of their religious beliefs is unthinkable to us.

That this happened was, consequently, unintentional.

As a result of the debate that has been going on about the drawings, we have met with representatives of Danish Muslims, and these meetings were held in a positive and constructive spirit. We have also sought in other ways to initiate a fruitful dialogue with Danish Muslims.

It is the wish of Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten that various ethnic groups should live in peace and harmony with each other and that the debates and disagreements which will always exist in a dynamic society should do so in an atmosphere of mutual respect.

For that reason, Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten has published many articles describing the positive aspects of integration, for example in a special supplement entitled The Contributors. It portrayed a number of Muslims who have had success in Denmark. The supplement was rewarded by the EU Commission.

Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten takes exception to symbolic acts suited to demonise specific nationalities, religions and ethnic groups.

Sincerely yours

Carsten Juste

Editor-in-Chief

159506_large.jpg

another flagburning

In their country it is illegal to depics Mohammed, but their laws doesn't work in Denmark, and you can make drawing of the queen and making fun of her without getting shot down, down there if you think wrong you can die from that.

free country vs. fanatical religious country

dunno hope all this gives you a little insight in what is going on, most of it is in danish so can't post it directly, but kinda funny you haven't heard about it over there.

Jesper

Last edited by a moderator:
You are wasting your time, they are not interested in, have not interest in, the truth.

Once they have decided yo are in the wrong they will go ahead with their campaigns whether you prove them incorrect or not.

There is nothing in the Q'ran that demands women dress in burkah, yet, if you point this out you are being "disrespectful" - boy, did France ever find that out!!

The Q'ran itself, just as the Bible was not written by God.

It was written by MEN, interpreting, as they saw fit, what they believed to be the word of God.

And then they were both translated and added to and had so much taken away as well that they absolutely fail to make any sense whatsoever in some places.

Enter the priests and mullahs whose job it is to interpret to us lesser mortals and women, what God really meant to say!!

One of the main reasons organised religion is not for me.

We have enough laws as it is, I do not need another set of people telling me how I should behave!!

no reason to convince me, I know they are nuts but them doing what they are doing is just wrong, and they wonder why people start to dislike them, it is their way or the graveyard, but sorry doesn't work for us, we have OUR way or they are free to leave the country, since it IS our country.

Jesper

That is an eloquent post, Jane, and so very true and another reason I cannot live by the rules of a religion.

I firmly believe that religion is a primitive form of government (use guilt and fear!) that has gotten out of hand as time has passed.

People die every day in the name of religious beliefs, and to me, that is the biggest sin of all. It instigates a lot of unnecessary hatred and upset, fear.

I am sorry this problem is affecting your country, Jesper, and I will also add that I have not heard anything about this situation.

Liz M.

no reason to convince me, I know they are nuts but them doing what they are doing is just wrong, and they wonder why people start to dislike them, it is their way or the graveyard, but sorry doesn't work for us, we have OUR way or they are free to leave the country, since it IS our country.

Jesper

Jesper, you took the words right out of my mouth!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I absolutely DESPISE the action of burning a flag, ANYONE's flag!! And that those people did it purposely and hatefully, when no harm or disrespect was intended by the editorialists towards the Muslims, just makes me sick! No wonder "people start to dislike them"!

I think Mr. Juste, the Editor-In-Chief of your newspaper, wrote a brilliant letter to those people which was FAR more respectful than they deserved!

I wasn't aware of this going on in Denmark, either, but sadly it doesn't surprise me.

Hmm things just got interesting over here.

One of THE largest newspapers in France just posted ALL 12 pics that was in the danish newspaper some months ago, AND a 13th picture, this 13 picture is all new and they made it themselves.

This 13th picture shows God (the christian one), Buddha, the jewish gods and Mohammed. God then points ant Mohammed and says "Relax Mohammed, We have all had comics made about us!"

I wonder how they will take that, provocative? yes, the truth? definetly

Will they battle all of europe now? more and more countries supper Denmark in this

We send some of them money because of an earthquake, and then they are against us? Why do we even waste money on them when they hate us so much? They can live in their tents in the mountains with no food nor clothes and then think about who is really helping them.

Jesper

I think the rest of the world is just beginning to find out what we so brutally learned on Sept. 11 and on many occasions before that. Maybe the world will begin to get that the US is not really the ogre it's made out to be. We aren't perfect but neither is any country but we don't deserve to be attacked and murdered for not believing in the oppressive environment of the Quran or Allah. It is indeed very hard to understand what drives those to kill indiscrimately and without reason for any religious ideology :no:

I must add that I am sad to hear that your country and many more are experiencing this madness too.

Last edited:
picture of the frontpage from france:

321164_large.jpg

those of you that understand french will know what it says, I only got the translated text that I wrote above

and here we got the norwegian newspaper that also posted the drawings (right side of the picture) and and article about how nuts they are down south (left side)

317908_large.jpg

Jesper

Hmm things just got interesting over here.

One of THE largest newspapers in France just posted ALL 12 pics that was in the danish newspaper some months ago, AND a 13th picture, this 13 picture is all new and they made it themselves.

This 13th picture shows God (the christian one), Buddha, the jewish gods and Mohammed. God then points ant Mohammed and says "Relax Mohammed, We have all had comics made about us!"

I wonder how they will take that, provocative? yes, the truth? definetly

Will they battle all of europe now? more and more countries supper Denmark in this

We send some of them money because of an earthquake, and then they are against us? Why do we even waste money on them when they hate us so much? They can live in their tents in the mountains with no food nor clothes and then think about who is really helping them.

Jesper
Jesper,

The USA has given lots of money to many different countries,, and they all hate us, too.

So I understand your feelings.

Am so sorry you have to deal with this in Denmark.

Religion is all about Power. To me, that is all organized religion is...Power pure and simple. Control the people, control the way they think, keep'm stupid, stupid enough to make them do things like this.

The priests get Power and Money. A good scam that has lasted the ages. Really sad in this day and age that people can get so self righteous about it and do what they are doing in Denmark and other countries.

Sunny Said this so well.

I think Mr. Juste, the Editor-In-Chief of your newspaper, wrote a brilliant letter to those people which was FAR more respectful than they deserved!

Also think no matter what Denmark does (like the USA),, they are not going to be happy. They are looking for a fight...which is very sad.

I found one of the pictures here:

31509v1.jpg

the "person" on the picture could be named Abdullah but now he was named Mohammed, does it really matter?

Jesper

I'm sorry but we were living with this crap LONG before 911.

We have been living with this in Europe for the past twenty years.

Where were you when they put a Fatwa on Salman Rushdie??

We have been jumping up and down and shouting about it, too, but no-one listened.

Jane I know...

Hubby still have family over there.

That is why I think the USA is going wayy over board in many different directions!!

All 9/11 did was make us part of the rest of the world.

America's problems hardly began begin with 9/11 making us part of the rest of the world. It just caused the most notariety and is finally waking the rest of the world up. It's NOT about oil, territory or the greedy over powering mean old U.S. It's about HATRED! Hatred of all we hold dear, democracy, human rights and religious freedom...and all of this was long before Rushdie. But hey what the heck, not many do get it but when they do it will be too late.

...America's war on terrorism did not begin in September 2001. It began in November 1979.

That was shortly after Ayatollah Khomeini had seized power in Iran, riding the slogan "Death to America" - and sure enough, the attacks on Americans soon began. In November 1979, a militant Islamic mob took over the U.S. embassy in Tehran, the Iranian capital, and held 52 Americans hostage for the next 444 days.

The rescue team sent to free those hostages in April 1980 suffered eight fatalities, making them the first of militant Islam's many American casualties. Others included:

April 1983: 63 dead at the U.S. embassy in Beirut.

October 1983: 241 dead at the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut.

December 1983: five dead at the U.S. embassy in Kuwait.

January 1984: the president of the American University of Beirut killed.

April 1984: 18 dead near a U.S. airbase in Spain.

September 1984: 16 dead at the U.S. embassy in Beirut (again).

December 1984: Two dead on a plane hijacked to Tehran.

June 1985: One dead on a plane hijacked to Beirut.

After a let-up, the attacks then restarted: Five and 19 dead in Saudi Arabia in 1995 and 1996, 224 dead at the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in August 1998 and 17 dead on the USS Cole in Yemen in October 2000.

Simultaneously, the murderous assault of militant Islam also took place on U.S. soil:

July 1980: an Iranian dissident killed in the Washington, D.C. area.

August 1983: a leader of the Ahmadiyya sect of Islam killed in Canton, Mich.

August 1984: three Indians killed in a suburb of Tacoma, Wash.

September 1986: a doctor killed in Augusta, Ga.

January 1990: an Egyptian freethinker killed in Tucson, Ariz.

November 1990: a Jewish leader killed in New York.

February 1991: an Egyptian Islamist killed in New York.

January 1993: two CIA staff killed outside agency headquarters in Langley, Va.

February 1993: Six people killed at the World Trade Center.

March 1994: an Orthodox Jewish boy killed on the Brooklyn Bridge.

February 1997: a Danish tourist killed on the Empire State building.

October 1999: 217 passengers killed on an EgyptAir flight near New York City.

In all, 800 persons lost their lives in the course of attacks by militant Islam on Americans before September 2001 - more than killed by any other enemy since the Vietnam War. (Further, this listing does not include the dozens more Americans in Israel killed by militant Islamic terrorists.)

And yet, these murders hardly registered. Only with the events of a year ago did Americans finally realize that "Death to America" truly is the battle cry of this era's most dangerous foe, militant Islam.

In retrospect, the mistake began when Iranians assaulted the U.S. embassy in Tehran and met with no resistance.

Interestingly, a Marine sergeant present at the embassy that fateful day in November 1979 agrees with this assessment. As the militant Islamic mob invaded the embassy, Rodney V. Sickmann followed orders and protected neither himself nor the embassy. As a result, he was taken hostage and lived to tell the tale. (He now works for Anheuser-Busch.)

In retrospect, he believes that passivity was a mistake. The Marines should have done their assigned duty, even if it cost their lives. "Had we opened fire on them, maybe we would only have lasted an hour." But had they done that, they "could have changed history."

Standing their ground would have sent a powerful signal that the United States of America cannot be attacked with impunity. In contrast, the embassy's surrender sent the opposite signal - that it's open season on Americans. "If you look back, it started in 1979; it's just escalated," Sickmann correctly concludes.

To which one of the century's great geostrategist thinkers, Robert Strausz-Hupé, adds his assent. Just before passing away earlier this year at the age of 98, Strausz-Hupé wrote his final words, and they were about the war on terrorism: "I have lived long enough to see good repeatedly win over evil, although at a much higher cost than need have been paid. This time we have already paid the price of victory. It remains for us to win it."

Last edited:
just saw that CNN had a big thing about it and it is actually still there LIVE atm.

Jesper

Yeah? I told you it was nuts all the stuff going on.

About time the rest of the world notices it because this really isn't just about Denmark, it involves ALL of us no matter if we like it or not

Jesper

Latest posts

Back