Misty Acres Ima G.Q.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Well I didnt exactly bring a horse home from nationals although the arrangements were made there but I had no room to bring him home.... This is the next Hershee for me.... GQ is the smartest, quietest, most giving and forgiving gelding I have ever met! He was put to a cart 45 minutes before his futurity roadster class and managed it VERY well. He learned to turn on his haunches in 15 minutes and he was very patient with my bumbling harnessing.[/SIZE]

GQ will be my PMC horse from now on. He is pretty enough to halter winning 6 grand champion gelding titles and 47 points in 4 shows this year. He was top 10 in both halter and top 5 roadster at nationals. Cheryl Powell was kind enough to give him a ride south and I will go get him shortly. I am looking so forward to 2006 show season with this wonderful gelding. Watch for Robby and GQ making their debut also next summer!

Here he is at home....

f226a2fc.jpg

Many thanks to Bruce and Jan Abbott for letting him come live in Richmond!

Lyn
wub.gif

[SIZE=21pt]WOW he is handsome. Congratulations on getting him. Can't wait to see him in person, April it is LOL [/SIZE]

Wow Lyn! He's beautiful! No wonder you're excited. Are there any show photos of him doing his stuff at Nationals? (harnessed up)

[SIZE=14pt]Will see if Bruce ordered one. I didnt and wish I would have but I had already bought 6 pics and we decided on the last day about GQ.....[/SIZE]

He looks very much like Steel but he is only 34.5" Guess thats why I love him so.

Lyn

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but the first time he was put on a cart was 45 minutes before a show???

WOW! Thats awesome Lyn!
yes.gif
aktion033.gif
Cant wait to see more pics of him, he is gorgeous!

Congrats!
yes.gif

-Kris

He's gorgeous
new_shocked.gif
do you have one that's about 15.2 1,250#
biggrin.gif
I love him and congratulations on your new purchase.

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn, I sure like him a lot!!! Congrats on him!!! I'm happy he's B Division and Sunny is A Division!!![/SIZE]

I also wonder what you meant by he was put to the cart 45 minutes before the class.

Do you mean for the first time ever, he was put in the cart 45 minutes before the class???

Or do you mean he had the cart on for an entire 45 minutes and didn't get upset?

[SIZE=14pt]Wow, that's a beautiful gelding, Lyn![/SIZE]

Congratulations and many happy times to you and your family w/him!

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt]I mean that he was never hooked till then....he had been ground driven alot and Bruce said lets see what he would do and he got in the cart and drove off, he went down to the practice ring where they were building and renovating and nothing bothered him. He took him into the futurity roadster class only and he got 5th out of 6. He did everything well, Bruce didnt push him into overdrive though in the drive on but he stopped and stood even without a header! We were so proud of him.[/SIZE]

WE DO NOT RECOMEND THAT ANYONE ELSE DO THIS WITH ANY OTHER HORSE!!!! this was just a test of this particular animal. 99.9% of other minis would NOT be able to do this so DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Wow, congrats Lyn. He's gorgeous and sounds like he's really solid too![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back