Just have to brag a little : )

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying minis

Reaction score
So I just have to brag a little - mainly because I'm still over the moon and have to share
default_yes.gif

This was my first year to go to AMHR Nationals. I took 4 horses, and sent my halter horse with Robby Barth. My son and my best friend's daughter went also (both showed). Our goal was to get at least 1 ribbon between the three of us. . .

Well, we ended up with 4 of the 5 horses getting at least 1 TOP TEN each, and 2 getting National Championships!! We had wins in PMC Showmanship and Open Obstacle Driving Over! I still can't believe this!

It was also a little nostalgic for me - 22 years ago my mom and I loaded 4 horses in the trailer, and went to Tulsa for the Pinto National Championships. We Came home with 2 National Championships. This year, my son and I did the same thing. My mom has advanced Alzheimer's but I'm going to take one of my neck ribbons in and talk to her about the show - I wonder if it will spark any memory? The last thing she remembered was going horse showing. . . .

Oh, and as if that weren't enough. . . I also came home with a new horse! I purchased Tibbs Grand Torino from Tim, Linda and Josh Tibbs, who we were stabled with! Overall, just a great time at a great show with great people! Can't wait til next year!

Congrats. I hope you and your mom enjoyed a good talk, if not memories! I remember my grandpa would somehow always remember his horses... if nothing else. They were indelibly marked on his brain!

Congratulations you must certainly be on cloud 9 with such a great show and a new horse

I hope it will bring back some happy times for your Mom -

so cool for your son to show with you.

I think you surpassed your goal by a mile

congrats again

Oh many congratulations!! I'm sure your Mum will enjoy the horsey talk, even if she doesn't remember the past event.
default_yes.gif

How about a picture of your new mini?

congrats!

And I'm proud to say my 4H club is walking tomorrow to help END ALZHEIMERS! This is our 2nd year raising funds to walk and our 4th or 5th year attending the event with 2 of our horses for the public to see and enjoy.

Congratulations! What a great story. Hope your Mom enjoys hearing about the show and seeing your neck sash. And please post photos of the horses!!!

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story about showing your horses with your Mom and now your son! Life sure does come Full Circle doesn't it!? I hope your visit does spark your Mom's memory and you both can enjoy some fond memories together!

Latest posts

Back