Missy's Foaling Thread --> UPDATE ---> WARNING ABOUT BROWN/BLOOD RED MUCOUS PLUGS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like she is getting real close!! YAY for a new baby soon!
default_smile.png
some mares will continue eating right up until t hey deliver the baby LOL so don't be surprised if she just keeps munching away LOL

Well shes eating but taking breaks too....shes normally laid down atleast twice by now but she hasnt at all....

A good bit of walking around the stall and looking at her sides every once in a while....

Just tested her and she's a light 6.4ph and her hooha is soooooo puffy and relaxed. She did a nice big belly kick and 4 yawns while I was with her.....

I imagine we will see Missy's foal by morning...

Once again, safe foaling!

Can't wait for some pictures already- I've definitely caught the impatient picture bug that seems to have got everyone else!

Lily ate her dinner at 3:30 and foaled at 6:20! Come on missy we want to see your baby

Well, no foal as of yet. I will be going out in a few minutes to clean her stall, check her over and do a ph test......I'm so worn out!
default_frusty.gif

She's testing between 6.4 to 6.8ish - going backwards again.....
default_frusty.gif
I've officially given up on this mare
default_giveup.gif

No sign of foaling in sight. She has soft toosh, long vulva, no tail resistance and darker vulva - EVERYTHING except labor. She's still in the barn under camera but I've decided to take some time off mare watching and I'm getting some sleep

EDITED TO ADD/CHANGE:

She has opaque white milk coming from her left teat (the side I've been testing from bc it's an easier position to get into) and clear/cloudy milk from the right teat.

Last edited by a moderator:
ph up and down, up and down - just to catch you out for when it suddenly falls like a stone and hey presto, baby is right there grinning at you. LOL!!

From the look of this mare last week, I would have thought she would have foaled by now, but don't give up, I once watched a mare for 50 days, with only three hours sleep everyday.

I just tested her and she's way in the 6.4ph range......my only guess is I had something on my hands that affected the results before....which is possible.

I have to work from 430 to 730 tonight so I have a mare sitter but as of right now I may call in because she's tail swishing, kicking and biting belly and just moving around a lot. Took her forever to eat her morning ration so that's new.plenty of raised tail too but no cow patties.....

Cmon missy momma wants to sleep in her own bed again lol

Latest posts

Back