Missy's Foaling Thread --> UPDATE ---> WARNING ABOUT BROWN/BLOOD RED MUCOUS PLUGS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tested her again with two strips - 6.4 on both but pool strips are still where they were before.

I have an extreme headache over these strips, believe I'm going to take plenty of tylenol and eat something I know I shouldn't because it'll go to my thighs, oh well......

I tested her again and shes still testing 6.4 but now shes eating everything in sight......plus shes been rooting like a pig in her stall and shoving straw around like shes looking for something in places where ttheres nothing to be found like fallen grain or such......

And to note about the bunnies we are doing a cross that has proven to be a favorite in the pet industry.....a pure blue otter colored holland lop buck and a pure broken black jersey woolie doe. I can certainly grab pics of them tomorrow for you both are such sweeties. We also breed and show pediigreed jersey woolies and mini rex with ARBA.

Im so looking forward to this litter as im sure the offspring will be lovely colors and patterns and this cross is known to produce wonderful family pets.

Ooooo Bunnies!! Yes pictures please!

Oh we also have a mare who actually foals while eating her hay - last time she even had a mouthful of hay when she walked round once, dropped to the floor, pushed the foal out, gave a big sigh, sat up sternal and finished her mouthful! LOL!!

Pics of bunnies! Yeah! We tried bunnies before, and it didnt work out. It was sad for our daugther. They are difficult to keep alive over the winter here. But some people have great success.

These silly mares like to keep us waiting and on our toes! My family is sick of hearing me say no we cant go here or do this incase Snowball is going to foal.
default_thud.gif

Well this is what I saw this morning when I checked on her? And once again she had moved all her straw around.....I'm hoping she's in the nesting stage. Could that be more mucous plug coming out?

Oh and I wanted to reassure y'all my tail wraps are plenty loose as I can fit two fingers between the gauze and tail bone on the underside. I'm always very careful with that =)

0512120806.jpg

Just checked her again and she is a TRUE 6.4ph with the foal time strips. Here's to hopefully seeing what she's carrying within 48 hours! Let the caffine & prayers party begin
default_pray.gif

Ooooooo at last!! How exciting!! Saying prayers for a smooth and easy foaling.

Good luck!!
default_yes.gif

By the way does anyone else have opinions about what I found on her vulva this morning? From the pic you can see how relaxed and long her hooha is.....her bag is small as usual but it is firm and warm and her milk is an opaque white color.

Anyone else think she'll go tonight or am I imagining things? lol
default_frusty.gif

Fingers crossed for a safe foaling... I think you'll get one soon!

No idea why you're having trouble with the ph strips, perhaps they have been compromised in some way?

Love the holland (we call them mini!) lop and jersey wooly cross! I never did it myself back when I bred rabbits because the jerseys are a bit obscure over here but I had a friend who was doing it with lovely results. I bred the mini lops and almost went into english angoras before I decided I didn't have the time to split between rabbit breeding and horse breeding. I do miss it though!

Here is a drop of her milk from just now. I did noticed she's doing a good deal of tail lifting tonight and has went from taking all night to eat to literally eating everything in sight ........ she's still testing at 6.4ph so I do expect her to foal shortly.....hopefully tonight is the night!

0512121919.jpg

How does her udder feel?

For the mares I can't milk I find that the best sign, when they got hot and hard foaling is usually within the next 24 hours. That was true of all of mine
default_smile.png

Hers is firm and warm but when it comes to her she doesn't get half the bag most mares do so what is firm and hard for her isn't for most mares. She definately has her own book she goes by.

What's funny though is that her rear is so loose that when I press on one side the other side jiggles lol

Now stop pestering her and let her get down to business LOL

just kidding...i was the same way...poor Peanut couldnt get a minute peace with me

I'm watching her from my camera and we have some restlessness and a cowpatty.......she's keeping her tail lifted a lot and doing some belly looking.......

Oh I can't wait for a foal announcement! How exciting- she is finally ready!

Hope you have a happy & safe foaling! Can't wait for an update!
default_smile.png

Back