Missing Dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiccanz

Reaction score
My beloved Puzzle is missing, he's been gone 48 hours now, and I'm getting pretty worried.

He's a 12 year old neutered male Siberian Husky / Border Collie cross. I've had him since 7 weeks old, and we've done many miles together. I brought him here to Australia with me when I moved from New Zealand nearly a year ago, I've taken him to Obedience Champion title, and competed with him for many years, until his retiremnet at age 10.

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone can "see" anything, I'd be so grateful. He likes to chase Kangaroos and such like, we are on a 100 acre property with a lot of scrub on it, and it backs onto a national park!!
default_new_shocked.gif
So he could be anywhere.

I will be out again today walking and calling, but I'm starting to lose hope, what with his age and all. He's still a very active dog, but his senses are not as sharp as they used to be.

This is my beautiful boy.

PICT00235.JPG

My heart goes out to--it's hard for a beloved pet to be gone and not know what happened. I hope, though, that your beautiful boy somehow finds his way back to you. You both are in my thoughts.

Has he ever done this before? Gone off for a few days??? How was his health???? Sometimes when an animal is not feeling well they just up and leave to be alone.
default_no.gif

Perhaps you could take another dog out with you in your search. The noise of another dog barking may help him to hear you and he may come out of the bush.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he has never left for more than a few hours ... he is in good health, but at 12 years, not as sharp as he used to be.

I'm off out again, and taking his grand-daughter with me, and his blanket, to see if she can pick up any scent.

Ohhhh I do hope you find your beautiful boy very soon. I know your heart must be breaking. Sending good thoughts and hopes he is found soon.

I do hope you find Puzzle soon, it is such a worry not knowing where he is. Sending prayers and good thoughts that you may find him soon.

Yvonne

Are there any tall skinny trees of some sort.........close to water in your area?

Doesn't make sense to me personally, but it was an image I received very quickly when I first looked at his picture.

Wish I could be of more help..........I'm not thinking very clearly right now as we also have a missing dog.....We've had a thunder storm and our girl, Luna, isn't in her usual hiding places.

You might want to try contacting Chrystal Path or Bonnie Fogg.......

Thanks so much for all your help. We have searched as much as we are able, but still no Puzzle
default_sad.png

Unfortunately, it hasn't rained here for at least 6 months, so there is no water on the ground anywhere. So I am seriously worried about dehydration. I doubt he can survive much longer without a drink
default_no.gif

My man is out checking with "neighbours" over the hill at the moment, but I really feel we have lost him now.

my parents and i found our girl luna. and i hope you find him you are in my prayers

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know it is very stressful! Did you contact your local newspapers? We are in the newspaper business and lots of times we are responsible for reuniting people and their pets. We get all kinds of calls. For example, last fall there was a little dog that was missing. Anytime he was spotted, they would call the local newspaper. So, I kept a running list of where the dog was last spotted and would call the owners. That was a little lap type dog and he had been missing for over a month so I hold out hope that your dog is still out there and just fine. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

I am sorry you have not been succesful, yet. I have a feeling he is out there and okay. Can you get a few people with their dogs to come and help and go out as a group? Also, you said there is a national park, anyone you can contact from that park, any park rangers? Perhaps if you let them know they can keep an eye out in case he went that far. Sometimes these parks do aerial checks, have them keep an eye out for him. Go out with any kind of noise makers, like whistles, or a battery operated radio. Does he have a favorite toy that squeeks? Any kind of noise that he might be familiar with that if he heard it would make him come to investigate and have him come towards your location.

It's been a week now, and still no sign whatsoever
default_no.gif
I so miss him, I have had this guy since before his conception, if that's possible ... his litter was a very planned affair, and I had my name on a puppy from the start. I just wish I knew where he was, a body would be better than not knowing
default_sad.png

I just wish I knew where he was, a body would be better than not knowing
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry. I know what you mean about finding a body. I once had a very special cat named Murphy, with whom I had an incredible bond. I knew immediately when he didn't come when I called that something was wrong. He thought he was a dog, and ALWAYS came when called. I looked and looked; even when I knew there was no chance of him being alive (if there was any way he had been able to drag himself home, he would.) I just needed answers to what happened to my baby. Sadly, I never got my answers.

I pray this is not the case with you. I'm still hoping you wake up some morning and find him outside your front door saying, "Hey, mom, where's my breakfast?"
default_wink.png

If you should you never find out what happened, may you one day find peace in your heart. And always remember all the love you gave him, and how much love he gave you in return. My thoughts are with you.

i hope all turns out okay. there was a family who lost their dog while traveling through our state on their way to washington and the dog took off because the train scared him. 8 months later a rancher found him hiding out on his place , worn down a bit but okay other than that, and the lady o got one of my minis form her dog that was a collie took off for two weks and they thought they lost her to other animals or that she got lost , she finally came home ,she was skinny but okay. i hope your furry family member finds the way home soon.

I'm so sorry you haven't found him yet...sending prayers and big hugs.

Back