Minis need help...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Champ

Reaction score
It looks like a a bunch of minis are in danger of going to slaughter....if you go on www.ac4h.com website they also show pictures of the horse registration application paperwork....has anyone ever heard of a farm called Maple Lane Stables in Jamestown, PA it looks like they came from there......

I have never heard of that farm but Im really suprised they put those papers online as it has the previous owners info like phone, address etc. Obviously that farm sold these out at auction. Those are world class papers and really not even papers they are just applications so probably not worth the paper they are written on.

*dont get me wrong every horse has value regardless of papers but basically this is a small herd of un registered horses so I doubt people will pay 600.00 for a non registered colt. I have to think the "broker" probably thought those were real papers and could make some money on those minis.

are you sure you don't mean Jonestown, PA?

Jonestown is in Eastern Pa, not far from Lebanon and New Holland, I don't know of this place, but it did show up on a google search.

There is a farm by that name, if you google it, in Jonestown.

Okay, after looking into this, it is more likely that since these horses are "broker" horses, and being that the Bernville rescue is in a very close "region" to this farm, chances are, the farm is the broker listing them with the rescue. Hence the reason why the info on the papers is listed. Maybe the owners are going this route trying to place them, rather than taking them to an auction.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Christy (another chance 4 horses) does attend all the New Holland auctions and rescues out of there. She works with some brokers that ship, to try to get the horses homes also. I'll bet those minis went for $50.00 or less through New Holland. Yes, the brokers prices are crazy some times. All of this is just so sad......
default_no.gif

You are correct it is Jonestown.....I was trying to read the handwriting on the registration applications. I did look up there website and it is there minis, they are listed on there "for sale" page. I wonder if they know they sent there minis to an auction where a lot of the horses go to slaughter!!!!

You are correct it is Jonestown.....I was trying to read the handwriting on the registration applications. I did look up there website and it is there minis, they are listed on there "for sale" page. I wonder if they know they sent there minis to an auction where a lot of the horses go to slaughter!!!!
I editied my post, please read it. Unless I missed something, I didn't catch any place that it said these minis went through an auction, I think the owner is asking the recue to help place them.....?

Not correct, Carolyn. Those minis are owned by the broker! They are not owned by the rescue! The broker ships every week. He will hold back some horses, if he thinks they are worth to hold another week.

I didn't say they were owned by the rescue..... I merely said that it is possible that the farm mentioned is also acting as a "broker". It just seems odd that the horses origonated at a farm in close proximately.

Hey, but what do I know, besides the fact that my husband works 5 minutes away from Jonestown and I am from "this neck of the woods". With auctions like Lebanon which is the 2nd saturday of each month(last weekend) and places like New Holland not far away, not to mention brokers driving out west on a weekly basis and bringing more horses into the region anything is possible, but please don't talk down to me.

It surely wasn't meant to sound that I was talking down to you. I'm sorry you took it that way. Yikes! I'm just very familiar with Christy and this rescue and how they work.

Latest posts

Back