Max is missing . . . please hope for his safety

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanH

Reaction score
I came home friday from work to find my shepherds all loose in the yard. From all the snow, a board in their fenced yard had pushed out (probaby with the help of Gretel) and all were loose. All but Max were home. I have a horrible fear that something has happened to him because he would never willing leave his girls. I spent yesterday driving around the subdivision looking for him and asking everyone I could find if they had seen him with no luck, I drove up to the rodeo stock contractors that is about a 1/2 mile across the prairie and no Max. I went to the next sub division about a mile away with no luck. I filed a missing pet report at the animal shelter and spoke with Teresa who is one of the animal control officers. Teresa used to be the kennel person at my vets and knows Max well. The local paper will run a Lost Pet ad for me for 3 days for free so I've done that. I posted a flyer with his picture at the locked mail boxes.

We've been very cold here with a high of 12 and subzero temps at night, and last night, we got another 5 inches and it's still snowing. My fear is that someone saw him and shot him because he looks like a wolf as he and the girls were, I'm sure, touring when they first escaped. I live out on the prairie in a sub division of 5 - 36 acre parcels so you would think someone would have seen him. Max would not bother livestock as he was raised with horses, cattle and sheep.

Max was the sire of my litter of puppies back in October. We placed 9 of the 10 puppies to very good homes, but one white male, kept getting passed over. I kept telling people he was the nicest of all the puppies, but still no takers. Now, I wonder if this was just meant to be for us to keep him.

Please keep Max in your thoughts. It's the wondering that hurts - I don't want him to suffer. If someone would just come forward and tell me, I would still be very sad, but at least I would know.

max_aug1.jpg

and his son, Prairie View Wolfgang

i_wolf1_12%2025%202006.jpg

Jean

Jean, I know how sick you must be with worry.He is beautiful. I hope he makes a safe return. Please keep us updated. Corinne

Awwww, I know how awfull it is to have a pet missing. I'll keep you in my thoughts and pray for a quick return of your Max!

I sincerely hope you find your dog, sending good and hopeful thoughts your way! Keep us informed, ok.

keeping you and Max in my thoughts. papa and baby are beautiful. hoping for his safe return. Nikki

I hope you find your Max soon. What an adorable face on the son.

I don't think anyone would shoot him Jean. He looks like a gorgeous German Shepard much more than a wolf so maybe someone has him. I hope so. Don't give up Jean. He's out there and he wants to come home and if he is loose, he surely will find his way back to you. Keep driving around and also since today is Sunday, how about asking the local churchs to anounce it in church for you too? They'd do it here. Also, try the radio stations. Consider looking outside the box too in neighboring counties. If someone picked him up, they could have dropped him off a ways from your area. Don't give up Jean. Keep driving around and talking to everyone and be sure that you ask the schools to announce it on the loud speaker in the morning. Kids are great at keeping an eye out for a lost dog. Max lives!!!!!! ((((( ))))

[SIZE=12pt]Jean, I know first hand how awful the "not knowing" feels. Don't give up. Marty had some great ideas. I know our radio stations here announce things like that too. It is also a very good thing that you know animal control personally and that they know Max. He's out there missing you and he'll be home soon Lord willing! Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I am sorry Jean. I hope you hear soon. The not hearing is the hardest part. The worry. I hope it all turns out really well for you and Max![/SIZE]

Hoping for the best news for Max........ He's such a lovely dog, I would suspect that he's been picked up.

MA

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope Max is home, soon, or at worst that you find out what happened. Those "what ifs" never go away, even decades beyond, if you never goet some measure of closure.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Liz M.

Will keep sweet Max in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he comes home soon and maybe just went out for a stroll or for a visit. Please let us know...keep us updated. You're heart must be broken to pieces.
default_sad.png

No luck finding Max yet. I have done everything suggested and continue to drive around looking for him. I know someone out here knows something and is just not talking as there is no way everyone in the subdivision doesn't know he is gone because it is posted at the subdivision's locked mail boxes. It's the only way in and out of the subdivision and you have to pick up your mail sometime.

I contacted Bonnie, and she no longer does lost pets as it was just too stressful for her which I totally understand. She said she would be able to tell me if he was still alive, but I'm just not ready for that information yet.

It is just too quiet here without him. The girls and I miss him terribly.

Jean

Awww Jean...i was hoping when I saw your post that it would be good news. I'm thinking someone out there has him hidden and wants to keep him, because he is such a beautiful dog! I will continue to hope you find him!

Maybe you could offer a reward and see how fast he is returned. Sometimes money will make someone talk and tell you who has him.

Latest posts

Back