Marriage Proposals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I returned the original ring and purchased one I am almost certain I will be happy with. However - shipping is going to take 3-4 weeks!

Soooo......have you popped the question yet???
default_smile.png

Funny you ask!

When I ordered the ring (after shipping the original back because I wasn't happy with it) the estimated shipping time was 3-4 weeks.. Just received an email today it has been shipped!!

Excited and still debating how to ask! :)

She said yes!!

I did my custom DVD cover idea. I made the front look like an iPhone and had text messages from back when we were just friends and some when we were first started dating and in the keyboard of the "iPhone" I had "will you marry me".. Complete with a comical drawing I did of us and the story of us on the back.. A barcode of our anniversary date, etc. I put a nice card inside the case and a heart cutout where the DVD would go. Even titled the DVD with "our" song title.

I put the DVD in alphabetical order on the shelf and just so happen tonight she decided to finish scanning her DVDs into her new phone app.. I told her she was missing one and as she was holding and reading the DVD case I made I pulled out the ring and popped the question!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Congratulations!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

That is a lovely story, I'm sure you two will cherish it in the years to come!

CONGRATULATIONS!

What a beautiful, memorable proposal -- plus the cd gives you a physical remembrance that will last a lifetime. Exquisitely done!

May you live happily ever after!

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate the support on a 'controversal' topic -- you guys are great!!

My parents are quite conservative - obviously have never cared for my lifestyle though they tolerate it.. And say they want me happy. They haven't offered many best wishes and basically choose to ignore the subject or say something negative. Her parents / family on the other hand are absolutely thrilled!

I'm glad that even tho your parents are not very accepting that you told them! My parents were basically the same way...tolerant because they loved me, but never truly accepting...and I never told them I got married to Deb. I mean, they had to have figured it out because we both wore rings on our wedding ring fingers, but was afraid to actually tell them...I think my mom would have wanted to know, but my dad is best left in the dark on this subject. Before we got married, my sister said I should tell them, but then we ended up eloping in Florida and then it just never happened.

Congrats again!
default_smile.png

WHAT A STORY!!! Thats AWESOME!

Many memories created and shared and saved for future reference - such a neat way to propose.

Best wishes for many happy years together.

Well, if it's any consolation - it's not always any easier with a "less" controversial partner. For many years, I defended my choice - but made the mistake of sometimes complaining about something here or there. Wow - that created more strife and eventually I learned to quit! My parents simply didn't like him because he "wasn't a cowboy" and felt that I would become very "unhappy" w/ my choice. Also, for years they felt and put it out to family that we were married "because we had to be" - then were surprised when there wasn't a little one for several years, LOL. Yes, we've had our ups & downs - including accustations that ..."the horses are more important than i am..." argument. We've had marital counseling and we've learned to live with our lives - as they are. We've done some "wild things" - both with each other and separate from each other (we've both been active duty Army - during Desert Sheild and Desert Storm and the following aftermath... Plus have had to be in different duty stations. I spent 13 months in Korea while he was in Germany in the early stages of our relationship. AND he spent 3 years in Arabia AFTER getting out of the Army but while working as a military sub-contractor in our later marriage).

We celebrate 25 years of marriage in June 2013 - that is why NO HORSE STUFF that month (even tho I'm missing two shows that our ponies are being shown in)! And 27 years of knowing one another... So it can be done even with some family disagreement.

Other acqaintances and the god-parents of our first daughter were married for 5 years before either set of parents were told/informed that the marriage had taken place, LOL. They both retained their original names while on active duty. Unlike my hubby and I - they both managed to go thru full military careers while married and with two children - both have now retired from active duty after more than 20 years!

Again - CONGRATS!!

And WHEN is the happy day??

Linda, I remember your enloping story! Adorable!

Paintponylvr, thanks for your story! Congrats on almost 25 years!!

No date set, probably some time next year. Already decided we won't be going all out on a wedding - a ceremony and something afterwards for friends and family.

We are also still trying to have a baby, so a wedding date will depend on how that goes.

Also, for years they felt and put it out to family that we were married "because we had to be" - then were surprised when there wasn't a little one for several years, LOL.
I just about woke everyone up laughing! People should choose their nasty stories carefully -- sometimes the truth has a way of making itself known!

Also, for years they felt and put it out to family that we were married "because we had to be" -
I guess after 25 years you can accept that they were right... you "had to be" married because you belonged together
default_smile.png

Boss Mare, Congratulations, I'm happy for you and your fiance that you have found each other and can share your love. May you have a happy future together and many years of wonderful memories.

Latest posts

Back