Marriage Proposals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Mare

Reaction score
I've decided to ask my Girlfriend to marry me. Thanks to the Maryland Law passing!

We are trying to have a baby.. She is my best friend and was my best friend before dating. She makes me a better person and overall I have never been so content and happy!

I've known her for many years and always thought about her. We both were in relationships, but remained friends. We worked together too. My Girlfriend of 5 years and hers of 6 years broke up with us a month apart for similar reasons. We were there for each other strictly as friends for over a year.. Everyone would make comments of how we were meant for each other and that we needed to give dating a try, etc but she was my best friend.. I never expected to fall in love with her. Finally, we both realized what we wanted and that was each other. It has been amazing since.

At one point she knew I was looking at rings, but I made her believe I couldn't afford one now. I've had the ring and I am just waiting for the perfect time and way.

Any ideas creative people??

We are not into the normal cliche stuff.. No scenic places or fine dining. We are the more fun, humorous type. Nothing public.

Whenever our friends ask when we are getting married we joke that we can't decide who is going to get down on one knee first, so I thought about tying the ring to my shoe and asking her to tie it so she has to get down on one knee. LOL that isn't my favorite idea though..

I thought about tying it to the dog.. A scavenger hunt.. Not exactly what I want..

She is obsessed with DVDs so I also thought about buying her a couple DVDs and inbetween the real ones making a customer DVD cover with the ring inside..

It isn't uncommon for me to leave a paper trail of love notes or graffiti the bathroom mirror with messages.. Or notes with her lunch or work supplies.

Ugh.. Ideas please?

Thanks!

What a sweet story! Congratulations to you on finding "the one."

I'm not the best with romantic/creative ideas, but I did have some twists on the ideas you mentioned...

On your "shoe" idea, what if you put the ring inside her shoe, then when she puts her foot in and realizes something is in there, kneel down to help, dump out the ring and propose?

Regarding your DVD idea, if you have any footage of the two of you together, or a place you want to visit together (honeymoon potential?) watch that but make sure she thinks there are two discs instead of just one, then ask her to put the 2nd disc in and she will find the ring waiting.

Surely others will chime in with many more creative ideas to inspire you. Again, congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
OOH!!!! The 1st thing that popped in my head (before I read that she likes movies) was one of those plastic bubbles things, you know, the kind that toy rings came out of machines when we were kids? AND the ring inside one of those and you put it in a bowl of popcorn for her to find while you're watching a movie!

WAY back 25 years ago, Karrel brought home a pizza for dinner, when I opened the box there lay one long stemmed red rose! I've never forgotten that!

I'm thrilled for you!!!! Finding that special love that is your best friend is the best thing in life!!

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

I don't have any ideas but congratulations to both of you.

Wow congratulations! to find a true partner as you describe sounds like a dream come true. I wish you both all the happiness in the world. Robins pizza post was so endearing! are you a rose type? having the rose lying in with the pizza with the ring on it would be cool....better yet 2 roses entwined with the ring holding them together.

Michelle will you share with us how it went?
default_please.gif
I'm sure it will be great!

Michelle will you share with us how it went?
default_please.gif
I'm sure it will be great!
I haven't done it yet! LOL I can't decide how and now I am rethinking my ring purchase and think I am going to return it and go with a better quality diamond -- the ring I bought was already quality, but the more I look at it the less I like it.

No question, she will say yes and be happy with any ring.. Probably even a rock glued to a key ring, but she deserves something very nice. :)

Thanks guys!!

I ADORE diamond rings! Be sure and post a pic of her wearing it after you give it to her!

I wish I could figure out how to post pics. LOL

The original ring is a 1 ct three stone diamond with smaller diamond accents on each side. I am thinking of upgrading larger and just going with a three stone. :)

I am also one that isn't very creative...lol...but congrats! I can't wait to hear how you finally decide to ask her...and see the ring!
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone! The new ring should be here in about 3 weeks.. Ugh! More waiting.

Robin, I sent you an email. :)

Ok dont laugh but I was at work today and out of nowhere I got really excited and thought "tell her to tie it to her horses nose band!" ... I dont even know if you still have a horse and even if you did, Id keep it in the isle and tie it REALLY good but I have to laugh at myself because I got really excited and it really just came out of nowhere. That and I imagine someone already said that. XD

Ok dont laugh but I was at work today and out of nowhere I got really excited and thought "tell her to tie it to her horses nose band!" ... I dont even know if you still have a horse and even if you did, Id keep it in the isle and tie it REALLY good but I have to laugh at myself because I got really excited and it really just came out of nowhere. That and I imagine someone already said that. XD
Aww, that would be a good idea if she was the horse type -- I am though! I own five

minis & 1 biggie. Used to have ten minis & five biggies. :)

Latest posts

Back