Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok better share some details (and more pics) before I go to bed or I might wake up to find you've all killed me for holding back
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

So Rivain's been super grumpy which had me hoping she was very close, but this morning there was no change. When the rain vanished I went out and unrugged the stallions with the help of my cousin and Hansel. She wasn't doing anything.

We hosed out the hay bags. Still nothing.

We went up to check the burn pile and talk about the chook pen/orchard. We were gone five, maybe ten minutes at absolute most and when I came around the corner I saw Rivain nuzzling something.

Cue complete melt down
default_new_rofl.gif

Thankfully I'm pretty good in panic mode. Told my cousin to grab Hansel, get my stump spray out of my jacket (jacket was inside stuffed with foaling supplies
default_new_rofl.gif
) plus my camera.

I sat and watched a very wet, very fresh foal getting cleaned off by his mum. Had to catch Twinkles as she was way too interested and Rivain, who was a fairly average mum to Lyric, was getting really angry. She won't have ANYONE near her bubs this time around.

So my cousin returns and helps throw hay to the other girls and gives me the foaling stuff. Takes two seconds to spray the stump while bubs is starting to think about standing.

I get the camera out and enjoy being able to photograph a new baby in the sunlight
default_wub.png
:wub

Bubs got up very quickly despite the soft ground and the slippers not wanting to come off, stayed up while Rivain went down to pass the placenta, and then latched onto the udder. Best sound in the world
default_new_rofl.gif

Bet you want details now
default_wink.png

Rivain and Palli have given me a glorious, buckskin (yay!) TOBIANO (wow!) COLT (
default_new_rofl.gif
)

He's been named "Legacy" and his full name is "Marlanoc SP A Legacy is Bourne" (no points to whoever can guess what movies I've been watching
default_wink.png
)

IMG_8869.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8968.jpg

(Standing for the first time)

IMG_9004.jpg

(What a good mum! Not only is she standing in a ditch but she's actually lifting her back end up to help him find the udder! )

IMG_9022.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

Way to go Rivain!! What a clever girl!! What a fabulous little colt. Many congrats Bree - a brilliant start to the foaling season for you!!

I knew as soon as I read that her teats had filled that we would be getting an announcement very soon!!

Sweet!! Legacy is awesome and I'm so glad that Rivain finally gave him up for you. Nice pics. So Ashanti "should" be next?

I love the Bourne movies...

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

What a handsome colt!!!!! Here we come show ring!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on a MOST beautiful boy!!

No wonder she drove me made waiting for him, she had to finish those white patches!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

They were quite the surprise! Even though Rivain has her four white socks I never suspected she would be able to put this much white on a baby, she hasn't done it before. Pallidon might have even put his star on him as well.

Love the Bourne movies, have been watching them while waiting for him so it seemed right
default_wink.png
Plus he is one of Palli's last foals so he kind of is his "legacy"

Ashanti SHOULD be next, she's progressing well but so unpredictable. Twinkles is developing well but I've got a bit longer until her alarm goes on unless she jumps forward.

When I look at most of the foals we have had born over the years, I try to imagine how it would be possible to fold them up again and fit them back inside where they came from! Yes, I know I'm sad, but it always fills me with wonderment about how that new little being ever managed to exist in the small sapce of its Momma's tummy! Looking at the size of Legacy, plus those long legs, in the pics where he's alongside Rivain, makes the 'fitting him in the space' look simply impossible - no wonder Rivain looked so enormus!! (let alone the fact that our wonderful babies mostly manage to untangle themselves and find the right exit without any 'Way Out' signs!)

That's not sad, that's brilliant!

In some ways he and Lyric are so similar, but I think he is bigger then her and his legs are longer.

Lyric:

andstillirise01.jpg

Legacy:

IMG_9240.jpg

Lyric (few days old):

lyric16.jpg

Legacy:

IMG_9073.jpg

I love buckskins with white
default_wub.png
It was the only thing I missed on Lyric, clearly her brother was keeping all the white for himself!

Yeah, he looks pretty special. I wonder what type of paint lasts the longest? I'm off to colour in Liquorice
default_new_rofl.gif

Looks like his legs are a bit longer, which is just fine and makes him that much more refined looking. And we all know how wonderful Lyric is and how gorgeous! He is just beautiful!!!

He's reached the zoomies stage
default_wub.png
:wub I almost forgave Hansel for waking me up at 6am when I saw that!

So according to the dates I have, Rivain foaled exactly 330 days after being put in with Pallidon, she was in season and he bred her constantly until Twinkles came in season shortly after.

Twinkles was acting in season on the 1st of November and I saw her bred successfully on the 5th, after that things calmed down. Working on the date of the 5th her 330 days is the 1st of October. Given that Miss Twinkles is usually a slow developer and comparing to her current progress I think that's a fairly accurate date but I'd expect her to miss it and go a bit closer to 340 days.

Ashanti Has her small udder, right now her vulva is quite loose but not particularly red. Her belly could drop more. I don't expect to see any more progress in her udder given what she's like but I think I'll see the other two signs progress a bit before a baby arrives.

He's reached the zoomies stage
default_wub.png
:wub I almost forgave Hansel for waking me up at 6am when I saw that!
I'd forgive him....after all, he's not pottying INSIDE the house.....PLUS you got to watch that fabulous new little boy! Give Hansel a HUG!!

Latest posts

Back