Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His owner's page for him is here: http://www.korianapark.com/KorianaShadowfaxAStar.html his pedigree is here

His show handler's page is here: http://www.centaurministud.com/Shadowfax.html extra photos!

And I have a whole bundle of extra shots
default_wub.png
:wub

Think I'll just let his babies do the testing for us, the only 2 genes in question is wether or not he hides a red gene and can therefore have red based foals or wether he is indeed a few spot. Everything he's put on the ground so far has been spotted so the odds are in your favour
default_wink.png

I'm so looking forward to not only my Shadow babies but to getting to handle this beautiful boy for a year! Going to be a joy having him in my paddocks for awhile :D

Well, with the only requirement of being a fewspot is to have a leopard parent (or another fewspot parent) it's VERY EXCITING to see his dam was a leopard! That just increases the "odds" so much!!

With all his foals showing appaloosa patterning, I think you've got a WINNER there -- and I don't mean just in the show ring!!!

Just brought the foal alarm up, Rivain's udder has started to feel solid! Definitely more time to go, knowing her I'll be waiting on a hot and hard udder with maybe a bit of wax. So nice to kick off the season with a reliable mare!

(I'm so waiting for her to get back at me now for typing all that and do something horrid and unpredictable
default_new_rofl.gif
)

Anyway I'll plug the alarm in and test the batteries/range tomorrow and make sure it's in a good spot. Don't want a repeat of last year were it ended up in a dead zone and I decided that just staying awake on promising nights was the better option
default_new_rofl.gif

Might not be able to update much over the weekend as I've got people up here and I'll have to be sociable and talk to them instead
default_wink.png

Oh, you're right -- they have some beautiful horses, and now I'm even more excited to see your next year's babies!!

But first, we'll get through Miss Rivain's foaling. You know, no matter how small you print......she'll KNOW!!

Rivain's wearing her alarm now, I reckon she won't go another week without showing us something!

Me: Hello Rivain, let's see what you've done during the day.

Rivain: I want a scratch.

Me: Sure, let's just take a look firs-

Rivain: SCRATCH ME NOW!

Me: (Obeys)

(5 minutes later)
Rivain: Now you may check.

Me: Awesome. Oh wait, that's LESS awesome, you've gone backwards!

Rivain: Have I?

Me: Have you?

Rivain: Tricky isn't it.

Me: You are mean... maybe I'll try and get some fluid out, you've got more then enough for that!

Rivain: Good luck with that.

(5 minutes later)

Me: I can't get anything! I almost wish you would try to murder me, that would be less mean then this!

Rivain: Less fun too. Scratch me.

Me: In a second, I just want to look from a different angle and-

Rivain: SCRATCH ME NOW!!!!!!

Based on pictures from her first year she looks maybe 2 days off? She's got cow pat poos, not perfectly sloppy but in that direction. I never milked her back then (I enjoy being alive and didn't want that to change!) so she might just be the type you don't get anything from.

Who knows, I don't trust my mares to do anything predictable when they're in the mood to torture me
default_new_rofl.gif

Why should she let you have any of her precious milk when her coming baby will need every drop?? Good old Rivain - normal behaviour is always great to see!! LOL!!

Good luck and safe foaling - watch out that she doesn't give that alarm to someone else just to cause more confusion!!

If anyone could then it would be her
default_new_rofl.gif

She's barely setting off the alarm at the moment which means she isn't rolling much or going down for long, very typical "out of room in here" signs! Udder is quite full and very warm and solid to the touch, only missing the very pointy teats and that very hard feeling. I didn't see wax last time.

We're expecting some light rain tonight and a fair bit on and off over the next day or two.

Perfect foaling conditions
default_wink.png

Twinkles has started to fill as well but we all know she'll take her time! Ashanti still warm but non existent, same for Belle. Kalari isn't even worth checking yet so she's just watching all the other girls get the attention.

I'd send a "come on....." but we all know she never listens to anyone! All in her own sweet time~!

Sounds like things are moving ahead, and getting close -- I just LOVE the fall when your girls start getting things in gear! I can't wait to see these little ones!

"Come on, girls".......execept for ONE, as I know better than to even think it!

I love that there are people around the world who know that will Rivain will do things when and how Rivain wants to do things
default_new_rofl.gif
Maybe I'll tell her and she'll feel complimented enough to give me a foal?

Only woke up once last night and she greeted me with a mouthful of Bellephant hair so it was a grooming related false alarm.

Extra update. Rivain is stubbornly refusing to progress, I was hoping I'd have something within 2 to 3 days based on how she went with Lyric but apparently she wants to be mean.

Ashanti's filled a little bit, I'm thinking of giving up on solid sleep and putting her alarm on now just in case. Still nervous over what happened with the last foal and I stupidly don't have dates. I remember she felt quite warm despite her teeny udder that night but I don't think I want to rely on getting that sign again.

Well, we all know that Rivain is Rivain and she'll do what she wants when she wants! But, I'm hoping she'll be a little "less" sneaky and give you (and us) a foal soon.

Sounds like a plan with Ashanti. Don't want any problems for her or the little one, so sounds like a good idea!

I swear that as of this morning's check Rivain has gone BACKWARDS.

What a meanie, she was so reliable last time!

Ashanti's done some more work though.

See, I KNOW she knows we're talking about her and she's getting "EVEN" with us. I think we shouldn't even mention her by name, maybe you could share another name for her -- I'm sure you have one that you say only to her! (like when you're mad!!) LOL

I think the forum will censor my "when I'm mad at you" names
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

No more updates about She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named until she does something interesting.... and even then she will be She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named!

Looks like the floor is all Ashanti's for awhile, let's hope she makes the most of it!

Go Ashanti - all eyes are on you now!! We are not concentrating on She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named at all from now on!
default_whistling.gif

Little bit more in Twinkles udder tonight
default_smile.png

No real change for Ashanti over the day but I swear she's been doing her filling overnight and holding steady (rather then dropping) during the day.

She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named might have dropped her tummy but we aren't going to talk about her at all
default_whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back